Baby BMW Forum banner

LSD in M135i/M140i anyone?

11K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Danny_Boy 
#1 ·
Wondered on members thoughts if they have the M Performance LSD in a M135i ?

Are they only available as an accessory from the dealer to fit ?

How much ?

Cheers

#7 ·
sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am looking at a face lift Mlite and have found one, put a deposit down on it, but now have found out that it has an M performance LSD fitted as well as a back box. This has put me off a bit as it is only a year old car and has a mere 10k on the clock. i am concerned about the reasoning of fitting it to the car, will it likely to have a harder life?

Thanks for any advice
will

#8 ·
S1wnw said:
will it likely to have a harder life?
Probably, people don't fit £2,000 LSD's to potter about like Miss Daisy.

I'd still have a look if it's local though, it might have had a sensible owner who has over-serviced the car, appreciated the need to warm them up before hooning, etc. They don't fall apart if you look at the accelerator pedal!

#9 ·
i agreed a deal over the phone, it is around 100 miles away, so it is not like a can have a good look around. I am getting a video of it, but i am thinking of asking for my deposit back, as it is not as advertised. although in some people's opinion better than advertised!

#10 ·
Got to be honest, I think youre a bit mad :lol2:

The presence of an LSD if anything indicates someone ho cares about their cars and their driving so is probably likely to be have been looked after better than a commuter hack, and even if they have pushed the car harder I dont know whats going to break within 10K miles anyway.
I drive my car as hard as anyone, I do regular track days and Ive been known to drift a bit too ....... but I also warm up and cool down, use the best oil possible and change it every 3-4K, replace every part with OE or even higher quality, sometimes preemptively and only let the very best mechanics anywhere near it, Im currently using a N24 race team.

Id rather buy a car from me than from some randomer that rags it from cold, puts low quality oil in, pushes service intervals to the limit and tries to cut corners whereever she can.

People forget that cars are actually made to do what they do, this is why we have rev limiters and over effective radiators and oil coolers and all that good stuff, unless its been used from cold as a Britcup race car Id be focusing on the fact youve got a £2500 mod that not only are you not paying for, its one that improves the car a huge amount.

100 miles is no distance when youre spending £20K either IMO, each to their own though. If you dont buy it PM me a link as Id be very interested in an MLite with an LSD thrown in for free ...... :lol2:

#11 ·
What he said.

I've got a 140i on order and seriously thinking about an LSD. I will cherish the car with fresh oil way more that a lease buyer who will rag every penny worth out if it and return it with the oil it left the factory with.

#12 ·
No M135/140i has been pottered about.... You can buy one with half the mileage with no LSD and its had a harder life, fact of the matter is you never know.

Some people are put off cars for really nelly reasons.... :| :| :|

An LSD is a huge improvement over one without one.

#15 ·
S1wnw said:
well you be pleased to learn that i have listened to your advice and decided to buy the m135i. i have even managed to extend the warranty by an extra year for free!
Good lad!! Now turn the traction control completely off, enjoy that lovely diff and be a hooligan! :lol2:

Joking of course, unless you genuinely want to. Just don't put it into a wall/post/kerb/ditch/house :lol2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.