Baby BMW Forum banner

130i new specifications, model choice for buying

5K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Molinites 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I've searched the site and read hundreds of posts - all trying to gain a good knowledge of the 130 model - leading up to purchasing one.
I'm sure the info's in these pages, but perhaps someone can help by summarising for me.
Key things I'm after are 5 door, M-sport suspension, cruise control and black leather or half leather sets. Recommendations would be gratefully received.
Here's my guesses, let me know if I'm wrong:

>> SE = Base model ("standard equpment" ?). Will only have what I want if specified as options when the car was built.
>> LE = "Limited Edition". With lots of goodies, leather / heated seats / lights etc etc
>> E87 is the designation for the 5 door 1 series to 2011 (the one I'm after)
>> N52 is the designation for the 3 litre engine
>> M-sport = firmer suspension package, available as an option on all models, and standard on some (which ones?)
>> 18" wheels. Which models were these standard on? I read on one post that all M-sports had 18" wheels, but I don't think this is correct?
>> Some time around 2006 there seems to be a change in the dash top to allow I-drive to be fitted. If not spec'ed then there is a storage tray in the dash?
Were there any other key developments for the model, a rear axle / chassis brace?....?

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
roundasapound said:
marco_polo said:
Guys where can I get a car battery at a decent price for 130i M Sport Pre-LCI?
How much should I be looking to pay please..

Sorry OP.. don't mean to hi-jack the thread but the gurus are here so may as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
You need a type 110 AGM battery, even ECP/Halfords might stock them. Don't forget to have the new one coded to the car.

#8 ·
roundasapound said:
marco_polo said:
You want a sealed battery, it lives in the cabin with you!!!
Seller has confirmed the current battery did not need coding to the car. This means the car doesn't have an IBS.
Will fitting an AGM battery be plug and play?
It didn't need it, or he didn't do it? Sounds like there's a good reason battery #2 didn't last very long.

They all need at least registering, and proper coding if changing size or type.

#9 ·
Wonderful - thanks for the brochure "roundasapound", it's a fantastic find and helps explain many of my questions (including your wheel codes!).
I think I'll print it off and stick it to the fridge door for easy reference!

But... what does LCI stand for?

Also can someone take the brochure and place it as a 'stickie'? This sort of stuff should be at the top of the page.

Cheers.

#11 ·
Another great resource on the wheels roundasapound. Thanks. I love the fact that someone has created a website just to help the likes of me - I looked for the "buy it now option" and there was nothing to buy, just great information!

.... so how do I know from outside the car whether it's pre or post LCI?

#16 ·
Will, I've been trying to reply to you on the message part of tapatalk but it's not going through.

My email is simoncitra@icloud.com

Took me 30 minutes to write a reply before and it just went off into 'the cloud' never to be seen again

Look forward to talking tomorrow.

Cheers. Si.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.