Baby BMW Forum banner

M140i black kidney grille

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  sootyvrs 
#1 ·
Ive recently ordered an m140i(alpine white) due to be delivered in may and was looking to order the black kidney grille so it can be fitted before im due to pick it up as i think it just finishes the car off nice.

My question is should i order it through the dealership i ordered the car from at the extra cost and less chance of being damaged in delivery? Or go through ebay? And how long does it ususally take for them to recieve the parts from supplier if i get from dealership?

Thanks

#3 ·
The saleguy ive bought the 140 from says if i but them then he will get them fitted free of charge but like i said before was just debating if it was worth saving a few quid on ebay at the risk of damage or pay more
To get through dealer but thank you for your imput i ised
To drive a 120d but doesnt have a enough omph for me haha

#4 ·
Following my car having an argument with a deer, I've fitted the MP grilles myself as one of the original ones was damaged. Cost £83 for the OEM part off Ebay (bought from a dealership), fitted it myself in about 10 minutes. It's fiddly to get the first grille off (and likely to scour a lot of skin from the back of your hands!) but the second is easy once the first is removed. With care, you can get both the originals off without damaging them.

Personally if you're going down this route, I would save yourself some money and fit them yourself. The MP grilles are sturdy and unlikely to be damaged during delivery, though it is always a gamble. If it's a concern you can always buy them direct from your local dealer.

#6 ·
Taking delivery of my new M140i tomorrow

The supplying Dealer had my MP Grilles fitted up at Thorne (BMWs PDI Centre near Doncaster) before it was put on the transporter and brought down to London yesterday.

Cost was £130 inc VAT fitted, which granted was a bit pricey but less hassle than me faffing around with them this weekend. They've also put the originals in the boot for me. :p

#7 ·
Village_Idiot said:
Following my car having an argument with a deer, I've fitted the MP grilles myself as one of the original ones was damaged. Cost £83 for the OEM part off Ebay (bought from a dealership), fitted it myself in about 10 minutes. It's fiddly to get the first grille off (and likely to scour a lot of skin from the back of your hands!) but the second is easy once the first is removed. With care, you can get both the originals off without damaging them.

Personally if you're going down this route, I would save yourself some money and fit them yourself. The MP grilles are sturdy and unlikely to be damaged during delivery, though it is always a gamble. If it's a concern you can always buy them direct from your local dealer.
What dealership on eBay was it mate?

Been quoted £100 from Cotswold which feels a bit lumpy for two bits of plastic. (Joys of bmw I guess)

#8 ·
Only paid £65 delivered from Cotswold Site Sponsor... Not fitted mine yet though as I'm waiting for other parts before completing the look

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.