E82 2008 USB Audio

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Post Reply
jtimkey
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:33 pm
Location: Portsmouth

E82 2008 USB Audio

Post by jtimkey » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi All,
I have the below on my car 2008 E82 135i

609 Navigation System Professional Navigationssystem Professional
640 Car Telephone Preparation Autotelefonvorbereitung
694 Preparation For Cd Changer Cd-wechsler Vorbereitung

i tried putting a USB flash drive in the armrest for music but the option is grey and never turns orange to select.

I have searched but i am confused on what i need to do to get my music on there or select from iphone 8

can i upgrade the system somehow?

thanks
john
E82 M135i 2008

Perrins
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:56 am

Re: E82 2008 USB Audio

Post by Perrins » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 pm

I have the same car with same options as listed (i believe) and you should have a USB in the glove box i used that for uploading music to the built in storage. pretty sure i tried the one under the arm rest and it didn't work either.

jtimkey
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:33 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: E82 2008 USB Audio

Post by jtimkey » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:05 pm

didnt see one, i will have a quick check, didnt know it had storage.
i have the CCC version i think with the flip up screen.
is there an option to fit a lot newer BMW system you think?
E82 M135i 2008

Perrins
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:56 am

Re: E82 2008 USB Audio

Post by Perrins » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Oh right i see sorry, same age car but mine has the fixed screen when i think the music storage was introduced. :(

jtimkey
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:33 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: E82 2008 USB Audio

Post by jtimkey » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Anyone know if it is easy to upgrade from ccc to cox and get the usb audio?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E82 M135i 2008

kas206
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Re: E82 2008 USB Audio

Post by kas206 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:45 am

jtimkey wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:59 pm
Hi All,
I have the below on my car 2008 E82 135i

609 Navigation System Professional Navigationssystem Professional
640 Car Telephone Preparation Autotelefonvorbereitung
694 Preparation For Cd Changer Cd-wechsler Vorbereitung

i tried putting a USB flash drive in the armrest for music but the option is grey and never turns orange to select.

I have searched but i am confused on what i need to do to get my music on there or select from iphone 8

can i upgrade the system somehow?

thanks
john
What sort of USB are you using? Make sure it's formatted as FAT32 and not NTFS. I have the CCC with flip up screen and I can play music without any problems.
2008 BMW 135i

jtimkey
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:33 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: E82 2008 USB Audio

Post by jtimkey » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:57 am

yes it is formatted to FAT32, it is a 32GB drive.
The option to select the USB audio is grey and i cannot click on it.
i can only select auxin for some reason :(
driving me nuts...dont want to have to use the y cable and select from phone all the time.
E82 M135i 2008

jtimkey
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:33 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: E82 2008 USB Audio

Post by jtimkey » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:31 pm

what CIC unit do i need to retrofit to my E82 ? so many types not sure what will fit.
E82 M135i 2008

kas206
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Re: E82 2008 USB Audio

Post by kas206 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:04 pm

jtimkey wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:57 am
yes it is formatted to FAT32, it is a 32GB drive.
The option to select the USB audio is grey and i cannot click on it.
i can only select auxin for some reason :(
driving me nuts...dont want to have to use the y cable and select from phone all the time.
Try using a different USB. If that doesn't work then try resetting the idrive system by pressing both eject buttons on the head unit together then press the volume knob down.

There is only one type of CIC for E82. Type in "E82 CIC Navigation" on eBay.

I'm currently getting all parts together for a NBT Retrofit. It's alot more work involved but it's a much better system than a CIC
2008 BMW 135i

jtimkey
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:33 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: E82 2008 USB Audio

Post by jtimkey » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:57 pm

just tried anther smaller 4gb USB flash drive and it worked :)

will reformat the 32GB and try again with that..

can you explain to me what a NBT retrofit is?
E82 M135i 2008

kas206
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Re: E82 2008 USB Audio

Post by kas206 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:31 pm

jtimkey wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:57 pm
just tried anther smaller 4gb USB flash drive and it worked :)

will reformat the 32GB and try again with that..

can you explain to me what a NBT retrofit is?
Good to hear it worked. The USB drive might not have been formatted properly.

NBT navigation comes from newer generation BMWs such as F10,F20,F30. There is alot of work involved to fit this in. You have to buy the NBT screen, NBT head unit. NBT touch controller. It's not a plug and play system. You will also need a emulator to activate navigation and other features. As the screen is bigger than the E82 CCC (8.8" Vs 5.5") you will need to do some custom work to mount it to the dash or get the screen from E82 CIC and swap the screens over. Not to mention coding after everything is fitted.

CIC would be plug and play. But you will still need a emulator to activate the navigation and some coding.
2008 BMW 135i

jtimkey
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:33 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: E82 2008 USB Audio

Post by jtimkey » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:00 am

The issue was the new flash was USB 3.0 and that doesnt work.
Only USB 2.0 works :D
E82 M135i 2008

Post Reply

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”