Bypass ASD and Install AMP (with ASD wiring diagram)

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196

BigRustySalmon

Bypass ASD and Install AMP (with ASD wiring diagram)

Post by BigRustySalmon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:19 am

Hi,

I have spent many hours trawling through various forums to try and understand how to install an amp into my M135i. Gone are the days where you had a simple HU with RCAs to hook up to an amp and to make things worse I have this stupid ASD module.

What I would like to do is upgrade the BASE system and install a 6 channel amp to power the front/mid, underseat sub and rears. I currently have Focal 100's and the SWS 8 for the front, and will look to get some sort of 6 channel amp, probably JL, and then upgrade the rears.

My question is can I just leave the ASD in place, it is already switched off in the code, and then use the HU speaker outs (coded to HIFI) with RCAs to attach to the new amp then run all speakers off this. I have found this site which is most useful as it has most, if not all wiring diagrams on.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

When you inspect the ASD module part https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f21- ... 1VnZ3NkHBh, you get the wiring diagram that shows all wires, colours (in German) and what they are for (in German). Form this it is easy to see what each wire does.

Could I leave the power (red/white), neutral (brown), remote on (black) and CAN2 (yl/rd,yl,br) in place so that the ECU thinks the ASD is in place and working and then use the four outputs from the HU, convert to RCA via LC6i (or similar) and then into the amp? Obviously this will mean cutting/splicing wires but as I will never return the car to stock this is not an issue.

Thanks

BRS :evil:

streamer
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Bypass ASD and Install AMP (with ASD wiring diagram)

Post by streamer » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:51 pm

I ended splicing into the outputs from the ASD (and coded it to the lowest setting), from there into a DSP and onto a JL amp (4 channels only though). If your ASD is coded off then I guess it doesn’t matter too much whether you tap into the HU output before or after the ASD?

BigRustySalmon

Re: Bypass ASD and Install AMP (with ASD wiring diagram)

Post by BigRustySalmon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:47 pm

The issue from what I have read is that you get interference if you don't get rid of the ASD module even if coded off/lowest setting.

Just need to know really before I start cutting wires!!!

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”