Can't find front door speakers cable - E8x HiFi retrofit [SOLVED]

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196

supercati
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Can't find front door speakers cable - E8x HiFi retrofit [SOLVED]

Post by supercati » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:18 am

Hello,

I'm doing the HiFi retrofit to my E81 (all front , rear HiFi speakers + HiFi Subwoofers + OEM HiFi black Amp), my stock setup was HU Professional.

My problem is that I can't indentify on the car the difference between front door speakers and subwoofers cable. I can't find door speaker cable.
In the standard HU they are the same channel both door speaker and subwoofer.
I can see on the car the wiring (for one side) going from the HU to somewhere next to the door (BlueWhite/BrownWhite), and then, the same cable going back to the subwoofer. The door cable has different colours (BlueGreen/BlueBrown) that don't match any combo going out from the HU quadlock connector.

So, here's a picture to clarify what I am trying to say: (under driver seat LHD car)
http://oi67.tinypic.com/9sbgqc.jpg

Note: In some post I found online, people said that "door speaker cable come from subwoofer connector Pin 1 and 4", but as you can see, there's no cable on Pin 1/4 on my subwoofer connector :(

My guess is that the cable goes to somewhere next to the door, and there, it should splice from 2 cable to 4 cable: 2 for subwoofer, 2 for door... but I'm not sure, and I don't know where this point is.

Any help, is really appreciated! :D :D
Last edited by supercati on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
130i E81 2007 LHD - Sparkling Graphite Metallic / Boston Terra - CDV Delete - 135i ESD with resonator delete - LED Blacklines - RIP :(
130i E81 2008 LHD - LSE / Boston Terra - Complete HiFi Retrofit - CDV Delete - LED Blacklines - BMWP SSK -

bjt
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Can't find front door speakers cable - E8x HiFi retrofit

Post by bjt » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:20 pm

According to TIS it should be Blue/While & Blue/Brown to both door connector and subwoofer. The split is somewhere in that wire bundle you pictured going across from the middle of the car towards the doors.

(X9385/6/7/8 in the pictures below)

E87 130i M Sport, now with added doors!
E81 130i M Sport aka the Pocket Rocket - Fell victim to the Monday morning commute

Dubstar

Post by Dubstar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi
I Retrofitted last Week The Alpine Kit and I had the same Problem to Find the splitting of the Cables on the Drivers Side. But I had found it!! On the drivers Side it is Really Really Next under the OBD Port. On the Passengers Side the Splitting was in the Middle of the Door.

Sorry for my Englisch, I‘m from Germany.

Dave

supercati
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by supercati » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:58 pm

bjt wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:20 pm
According to TIS it should be Blue/While & Blue/Brown to both door connector and subwoofer. The split is somewhere in that wire bundle you pictured going across from the middle of the car towards the doors.

(X9385/6/7/8 in the pictures below)x
Dubstar wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:01 pm
Hi
I Retrofitted last Week The Alpine Kit and I had the same Problem to Find the splitting of the Cables on the Drivers Side. But I had found it!! On the drivers Side it is Really Really Next under the OBD Port. On the Passengers Side the Splitting was in the Middle of the Door.

Sorry for my Englisch, I‘m from Germany.

Dave
Thanks bjt! :D
Vielen Dank Dubstar! :D

You both were right, it was there, just a little bit further and "wrapped" in this typical black cloth tape for wiring.
And for the passenger side, the same.

Looks like this after deleting the tape, in case anyone needs this information in a future:

It was a mess for me, because it's diferent from BMW E9x, they don't have it here, it's in the subwoofer connector.
130i E81 2007 LHD - Sparkling Graphite Metallic / Boston Terra - CDV Delete - 135i ESD with resonator delete - LED Blacklines - RIP :(
130i E81 2008 LHD - LSE / Boston Terra - Complete HiFi Retrofit - CDV Delete - LED Blacklines - BMWP SSK -

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”