Head unit changed but now got a new problem

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Bigleggy

Head unit changed but now got a new problem

Post by Bigleggy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:22 am

After reading several posts on here I decided to take out the std business unit and replace it with a Pioneer unit all went well to start with it's a relatively straight forward job, I used the autoleads CP52-BM52 steering wheel interface. All worked fine much better sound than std unit and the bluetooth connection starts automatically for phone, Spotify etc.

But now I've got a couple of knock on problems from the head unit installation i think. I put a new feed in from the fuse box using a piggy back fuse from No19 because the the original yellow feed wire goes off after about 15min(?) and the head unit looses its memory.

Now I've lost the switched (ACC, red) feed completely and cant find any blown fuses, also the red deflated tyre warning has come up and I don't have tyre pressure sensors! Tyre pressure warning is fuse No27 according to the little diagram and I don't have a fuse in that slot!

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Head unit changed but now got a new problem

Post by marco_polo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 am

Can't help you with the dodgy wiring, but all cars definitely have tyre pressure monitoring. The 2014 onward system uses in-wheel sensors, before that, all 1 series use the wheel speed (ABS) sensors to compare wheel diameters. If one wheel starts spinning faster than the other 3, the car assumes it has become smaller = low pressure warning.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Bigleggy

Re: Head unit changed but now got a new problem

Post by Bigleggy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:22 am

marco_polo wrote:Can't help you with the dodgy wiring, but all cars definitely have tyre pressure monitoring. The 2014 onward system uses in-wheel sensors, before that, all 1 series use the wheel speed (ABS) sensors to compare wheel diameters. If one wheel starts spinning faster than the other 3, the car assumes it has become smaller = low pressure warning.
Thanks Marco, tyre warning gone with a simple reset. Now to delve under the dash with a multimeter!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”