USB Port Product guide

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

leeshez
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: USB Port Product guide

Post by leeshez » Tue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi guys i am new to this forum and i have just bought a F20. A quick question what is the biggest pen drive will the idrive support? Has anyone tried anything bigger than 32GB?
Thanks Lee.
:).

Rchiil
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Rchiil » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:05 pm

leeshez wrote:Hi guys i am new to this forum and i have just bought a F20. A quick question what is the biggest pen drive will the idrive support? Has anyone tried anything bigger than 32GB?
Thanks Lee.
got a 64gb in mine

leeshez
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by leeshez » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:58 pm

Rchiil wrote:
leeshez wrote:Hi guys i am new to this forum and i have just bought a F20. A quick question what is the biggest pen drive will the idrive support? Has anyone tried anything bigger than 32GB?
Thanks Lee.
got a 64gb in mine
I have a 64gb too. It works fine.

Rchiil
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Rchiil » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:00 am

can conform this works in my jan 2016 build as well

http://www.memorybits.co.uk/product_inf ... s_id=30554

Dannyblack
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Dannyblack » Wed May 25, 2016 9:50 am

Hi,

Great post but I have a quick question, I have a 4GB USB Stick which I created folder for each Artist etc, and then added songs from my laptop which I had downloaded to the USB Stick.

Initially when I plugged it in, it worked flawlessly. All folders were visible I could access them and view each song in each Artist folder etc. But now when I plug it in, it shows the files but when I navigate into a file it shows no songs and states ' no entries ' .. I don't quite understand why this is the case.

Any suggestions?

P.S I have Professional Stereo but no iDrive and no SatNav etc just standard head unit with USB and AUX ports under the Arm rest.

Many Thanks
Current - Company Car Ford Mondeo Estate 2014!! :(

Gone - BMW 116D F20
M Sport Package
Alpine White

Scottydee

Post by Scottydee » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:04 pm

I'm struggling to get my Ipod nano to work. When I plug it in I get the "reading" message followed by "not supported" - could it be the wrong lead?
I have checked the cars software and its up to date.....

Any ideas?
118d M-Sport
Kawasaki ZX6R J2
Honda V65 Magna

markbarry1977
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by markbarry1977 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:30 am

Dannyblack wrote:Hi,

Great post but I have a quick question, I have a 4GB USB Stick which I created folder for each Artist etc, and then added songs from my laptop which I had downloaded to the USB Stick.

Initially when I plugged it in, it worked flawlessly. All folders were visible I could access them and view each song in each Artist folder etc. But now when I plug it in, it shows the files but when I navigate into a file it shows no songs and states ' no entries ' .. I don't quite understand why this is the case.

Any suggestions?

P.S I have Professional Stereo but no iDrive and no SatNav etc just standard head unit with USB and AUX ports under the Arm rest.

Many Thanks
Have you tried a different memory stick, don't quote me on this but i think i remember reading somewhere that it (your head unit) downloads an index of the files on the memory. This is why if you have a huge amount of songs on your card it can sometimes take a while for the list of songs available to show up. I wonder if it has previously indexed all the songs on the memory card to your head unit which is what your seeing displayed on your head unit and the head unit isn't actually reading the card at all so replays with no entries. Perhaps try a different card, see if it recognises this and then re indexes to that card. ( is the current card working elsewhere (computer/tv etc) that should eliminate the card from the problem.
M135i F20, 2016, Auto, Comfort, Pro Nav, HK
370z GT Roadster, 2010, White
GREATEST DRIVER EVER
I want to be able to drive like THIS:

Dannyblack
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: RE: Re: USB Port Product guide

Post by Dannyblack » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:05 am

markbarry1977 wrote:
Dannyblack wrote:Hi,

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks
Have you tried a different memory stick, don't quote me on this but i think i remember reading somewhere that it (your head unit) downloads an index of the files on the memory. This is why if you have a huge amount of songs on your card it can sometimes take a while for the list of songs available to show up. I wonder if it has previously indexed all the songs on the memory card to your head unit which is what your seeing displayed on your head unit and the head unit isn't actually reading the card at all so replays with no entries. Perhaps try a different card, see if it recognises this and then re indexes to that card. ( is the current card working elsewhere (computer/tv etc) that should eliminate the card from the problem.
I fixed it buddy I swapped the USB for a Kingston 64gb one and it all works flawlessly

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Current - Company Car Ford Mondeo Estate 2014!! :(

Gone - BMW 116D F20
M Sport Package
Alpine White

Medici

Post by Medici » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:27 pm

The USB max size question.

My 125i 2013 alas wont play FLACs, but does accept a 256Gb USB stick just fine, with over 14000 MP3 tracks on it.
Data comes to about 114GB, but due to formatting it wouldn't fit on a 128Gb stick.

rozel

Re: RE: Re: USB Port Product guide

Post by rozel » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:25 am

Dannyblack wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:05 am
I fixed it buddy I swapped the USB for a Kingston 64gb one and it all works flawlessly
Yes I use Kingston flash drives too - have a 64gb in my car works superbly so far - and they are cheap as chips from the bay. They are small and very well made. I have a 128gb stick from them too - I must try that out soon :) Plays my .flacs really well. I've not read this entire thread but I also run a 500gb portable HDD too from the USB port, if that helps anyone, again no issues found so far.
125D M Sport - 8 Speed Steptronic - Driver Comfort Package - Interior Comfort Package - M Sport + Package - Media Package - Professional - Folding Exterior Mirrors

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”