E87 cic satnav idrive retrofit

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196

Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: E87 cic satnav idrive retrofit

Post by Wibbles » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:31 am

Stop using that image host, the photo resolution is sh*t.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

v-spec
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by v-spec » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:44 pm

Wibbles wrote:Stop using that image host, the photo resolution is sh*t.

ill repost the pics later wibbles. I need a good image host imgur and photo bucket dont actually put pictures on the forum?

what other image host allows you to post pictures on here with good quality?
2008 BMW 118d m sport Sapphire Black

v-spec
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by v-spec » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:20 pm

:fest: :spotman: :band:

I have now fully installed and coded the combox and cic into my car! Took me along time and countless hours of research. As you will see in the pictures i placed the combox under the dash on the passenger side instead of the rear boot. It actually fitted snug and perfectly, saved me time leading long wires and MOST cables to the boot ;O).

Ive just posted pics in no particular order to give you an idea of what i got up to! I will be putting together a step by step guide for others like me who want to do this as i didn't get much help, a great learning experience and very proud of what i achieved. Any questions feel free to PM me.

ben m
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by ben m » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:43 pm

Good for you mate nice one! I have CCC in my car in this is up there on the list of things that I really want to do! Its just justifying the cost... I would be really interesting to read your guide if you write one up
2007 BMW 130i LE

sparkie1984
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sparkie1984 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:26 am

Congrats mate!!

Awesome job!

Would be interested in knowing what this cost?
2014 125D, pronav, electric seats, folding mirrors, adaptive xenons, auto high beam,

Gone - 2013 120D, 3 door, xenons, red leather etc

blingers
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by blingers » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:58 am

Congrats!

DC11
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by DC11 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:41 am

Good work that man! :thumbs:
130i LE | BMWP Exhaust | Bilstein B4S/Eibach Pro | Whiteline Inserts | M3 LCAs | M3 Transmission Mounts | SSK - Here
130i LCI | BMWP Brakes, Exhaust, Intake and Interior | Eibach Pro Springs | Whiteline Inserts | M3 LCAs - Gone

redwizard

Post by redwizard » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:57 am

v-spec wrote:

ill repost the pics later wibbles. I need a good image host imgur and photo bucket dont actually put pictures on the forum?

For the benefit of others intending to post pictures on the forum, photobucket can indeed be used (and is probably the most popular), you just have to paste the direct address from PB between a set of "img" (not "url") parameters.

If you select "quote" to reply to any topic, the full code and photo parameters are there for you to see/copy/delete - please limit any photo's to a maximum of 1000 pixels wide.
2009 E87 120dse in glorious Tahiti Green ;)
mods - BMWP power kit, black grills, LED darklines, Bimmian LEDs, pressed plates, light anthracite 222s
BMW OEM Retrofits - cruise, dynamic xenons, CIC pro-nav, DAB, combox, E91 sharkfin

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:19 pm

v-spec wrote:

Postimage.org is fine, you're just not direct linking the image, you're linking the resized URL image for forums, which has a URL behind it so when you click the image it shows it in full.

You can resize the image with postimage.org and direct link it using the url ending in .jpg and then put it in [IMG ] [/IMG ] tags (without the space).

Just direct link it and problem solved.

Well done on the retrofit.
E8x/Universal Bits for sale: Lights: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=109324 / Heaudnit: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=109322 / Wheels: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=109353

v-spec
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by v-spec » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:20 pm

Thanks Guys :) ill be sure to answer your questions, got a few coding issues and its boring me now, hoping wibbles, jammy78 or even redwizard can fine tune it for me? Obviously ill pay you for your time, as i am so new to coding i just want it checked and coded properly without any issues.

In the mean time this is what else i have done today:

Removed under seat subwoofer

Used some acoustic foam

Installation of new underseat subwoofer

Installation of tweeters

Comparing the Midrange speakers

Door card before

Door card with sound deadening material

Door card with speaker and acoustic foam surround

Just doing this greatly improved the sound of system/

Next is to install the audison bit ten d and alpine amplifier,

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:49 am

What deadening material did you use? Please tell me you didn't use flashband....
E8x/Universal Bits for sale: Lights: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=109324 / Heaudnit: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=109322 / Wheels: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=109353

v-spec
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by v-spec » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:24 am

Sonic1506 wrote:What deadening material did you use? Please tell me you didn't use flashband....
Hi Sonic, used this stuff

Check out this item I found using the eBay Windows Phone App: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RATTLEMATT-x- ... 0790146520

I know should've used dynamat, but was on a budget. Actually it made a difference to how the panel sounded, at least its got some form of of sound proofing.

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:32 am

v-spec wrote:Hi Sonic, used this stuff

Check out this item I found using the eBay Windows Phone App: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RATTLEMATT-x- ... 0790146520

I know should've used dynamat, but was on a budget. Actually it made a difference to how the panel sounded, at least its got some form of of sound proofing.
Your foam will be giving you that difference :).

Looks like flashband which, if you're using one layer, gives a negligble difference. You need at least 2 layers of it to have any real benefit :). Been discussed plenty of times on Talk Audio/Budget Boomers/etc.

I've used something similar to that on an Astra Van that had a tunnel of 15's and E39 5 Series that had 15's firing through the parcel shelf. Had to do multiple layers of it and needed heating up slightly to make it more effective.

There's are plenty of cheaper alternatives to Dynamat like Loudboy, Silent Coat, etc.

v-spec
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by v-spec » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:58 am

Sonic1506 wrote:
v-spec wrote:Hi Sonic, used this stuff

Your foam will be giving you that difference :).

Looks like flashband which, if you're using one layer, gives a negligble difference. You need at least 2 layers of it to have any real benefit :). Been discussed plenty of times on Talk Audio/Budget Boomers/etc.

I've used something similar to that on an Astra Van that had a tunnel of 15's and E39 5 Series that had 15's firing through the parcel shelf. Had to do multiple layers of it and needed heating up slightly to make it more effective.

There's are plenty of cheaper alternatives to Dynamat like Loudboy, Silent Coat, etc.

Agreed I lve used silent coat on my last install, damn you flashband! I heated each part and rolled it in. Lucky I overkilled and used the foam ;). I guess as im not going mad on the system it will help in some way.

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:02 am

v-spec wrote:Agreed I lve used silent coat on my last install, damn you flashband! I heated each part and rolled it in. Lucky I overkilled and used the foam ;). I guess as im not going mad on the system it will help in some way.
Yeah, the foam will make the difference :). Do another layer of flashbland and it'll be equal to one silent coat layer :).

I Dynamat'ed 3/4 of my last car, made a massive difference, :), but then again, I was running this:

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”