Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by git-r2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:48 pm

I wouldn't be copying my lines!!

It's difficult to know which lines to take, instructors say different things. I think the theory goes that with the wider line you get more speed. My theory is to try to get round the corner without crashing :lol:
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by marco_polo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:14 pm

With an LSD*, I find it's quickest to brake quite late into Druids. Push a little bit of controlled oversteer just passed the top (*this is where the slipper comes in) to get the car to rotate nicely, then a very late apex as you fire out of the hairpin. Treat it more like a tarmac rally corner, it's just about tight enough.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by git-r2 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:27 am

marco_polo wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:14 pm
With an LSD*, I find it's quickest to brake quite late into Druids. Push a little bit of controlled oversteer just passed the top (*this is where the slipper comes in) to get the car to rotate nicely, then a very late apex as you fire out of the hairpin. Treat it more like a tarmac rally corner, it's just about tight enough.
And that little bit of controlled oversteer will have the black flags twitching!!

That's a good way of describing it. I think it's easy to follow the wrong advice from some instructors on track then take it as gospel and be slow forevermore :)

That's my excuse anyway.

Bedford autodrome how fast on Saturday.

Weather is meant to be dry.

My tyres are going to hurt a lot!

It's going to be heaven though!

Although it's run by the same company as brands it's a completely different standard of driving. More so at how fast. In fact, the how fast events are the only ones that I haven't been black flagged at. You get an hours practice then 2 or 3timed laps. Lap time is recorded and displayed for later embarrassment :)

Snett is on the following week but unless it's wet this will be it track wise for the 1.. for a while at least.
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by git-r2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:20 am

I haven't been on the west circuit at Bedford for a good few years. I'm not sure how it's changed but apparently times previous to 2015 are no longer valid.

Here's a list of evo's results:

SEAT Leon Cupra 280 Ultimate Sub8 (fastest hot hatch) 1:23.1
BMW M3 (F80) (fastest saloon) 1:23.3
Renaultsport Mégane 275 Trophy-R 1:23.6
Mercedes-AMG C63 S Saloon 1:24.0
Honda Civic Type R (FK2) 1:24.9
VW Golf R (Mk7) 1:26.1
Audi RS3 Sportback (2015MY) 1:26.6
Renaultsport Clio 220 Trophy 1:29.5
Mazda MX-5 2.0i Sport (Mk4) (fastest sports car) 1:29.8
Toyota GT86 (fastest coupe) 1:29.9

How on earth does the Seat manage to beat the M3???

Gentlemen, please take your bets as to where the 1 will come. Above the GT86 I hope!!
+ some dullness

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by git-r2 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:05 am

Bedford How Fast.

Unfortunately I got stuck in traffic on the way there and didn't turn up until 13:50 with a 1 hour practice slot starting at 14:00!

Thanks to the great staff at Bedford I was only lost about a minute of track time :)

It's the first time I've driven the car on the limit so really enjoyed myself!!!!

Here is me getting it wrong at the pit corner:
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Vl2nly0rABI

I did feel it needed an LSD, strange how I didn't notice this at Brands.

It's a hugely entertaining car to drive on the track but amazingly still comfortable and economical on the way home. Despite travelling back through London it still averaged over 30 mpg in 90 miles.

Some of the practice laps.... sorry tyres, I couldn't help it :(

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=2J0rWFGuwZE

Tine wise,I did manage my least slow lap on the one that counted so was really chuffed. A time of 1:27.0 seems pretty slow but when I asked one of the instructors what a fast time was they said the new 911 turbo would do 1:25 (the info I posted with times from evo seems a bit suspect!).

Getting the LSD fitted on Monday :)
Fingers crossed I'll get it back to Bedford to see what difference it makes.
+ some dullness

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by git-r2 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:55 am

Happy Mondays :)

Diff day today!

Dropping it off later then they should have it fitted by tomorrow or day after :)

Also found a recent vid of evo testing a Cayman gtst at Bedford.... and they went slower than my little m :)

I think I'm finally succumbing to the tuning urge. Keep looking at remaps/jb4 etc.

Problem with m135i's I've found is there aren't really any experts are there?

E.g. Try this tune, it's never been tested on track properly but should be ok lol
+ some dullness

Akihabara86

Post by Akihabara86 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:49 am

git-r2 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:55 am
Happy Mondays :)

Diff day today!

Dropping it off later then they should have it fitted by tomorrow or day after :)

Also found a recent vid of evo testing a Cayman gtst at Bedford.... and they went slower than my little m :)

I think I'm finally succumbing to the tuning urge. Keep looking at remaps/jb4 etc.

Problem with m135i's I've found is there aren't really any experts are there?

E.g. Try this tune, it's never been tested on track properly but should be ok lol
This is what I'm finding. I don't have one yet but want to find out what potential you can get out of them before I commit. I can't have a stock car now as I always like to change things. In the VAG world there's tuners everywhere and loads of suspension setup options. For BMW and in particular these they all seem few and far between.

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Git-r's road/track progress '13 M135i

Post by git-r2 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Danny_Boy wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:32 am
git-r2 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:57 pm
All my vehicle needs i take my car to AMR (Accelerated Motor Repairs) and they're in Edenbridge. They fitted my Quaife into my diff casing for a substantial amount less than Birds too and did my M3 arms and alignment. I wont use any other garage for that kind of in depth work. The fellas that run it are ex race mechanics so love a bit of work like that over the old service work.
Saw your car today at AMR - looks lovely :)
+ some dullness

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by git-r2 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Akihabara86 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:49 am
git-r2 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:55 am

This is what I'm finding. I don't have one yet but want to find out what potential you can get out of them before I commit. I can't have a stock car now as I always like to change things. In the VAG world there's tuners everywhere and loads of suspension setup options. For BMW and in particular these they all seem few and far between.
Yes unfortunately that is the case. Our American members seem to have found the motor virtually unbreakable despite running big turbos and big power.

I haven't read about many using on circuit though.

Fingers crossed around 400bhp seems reliable without spending hardly anything :)
+ some dullness

Birdseye1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Birdseye1 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:22 pm

There isn't much in the way of an 'actual' remap but the JB4 is a pretty awesome tool. Have a read on n54tech for some more info it's pretty well documented. I've only done 3 trackdays in my car, but I just turn my JB4 down to map1 (so running 4psi over stock) and I've had no issues (even that is too much sometimes!) in the long run I'd like to get a custom linear map6 set up. I've got a full BCS exhaust so should be around 400bhp, and it feels very very strong, so much so I'd say so much it's difficult to enjoy on most UK circuits!
2014 EB M135i - More mods than I had planned to do... :roll:

Blind Pugh

Post by Blind Pugh » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:39 pm

Birdseye1 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:22 pm
There isn't much in the way of an 'actual' remap but the JB4 is a pretty awesome tool. Have a read on n54tech for some more info it's pretty well documented. I've only done 3 trackdays in my car, but I just turn my JB4 down to map1 (so running 4psi over stock) and I've had no issues (even that is too much sometimes!) in the long run I'd like to get a custom linear map6 set up. I've got a full BCS exhaust so should be around 400bhp, and it feels very very strong, so much so I'd say so much it's difficult to enjoy on most UK circuits!
Birdseye

Are you using latest FW - absolute maps supposed to be much smoother.

Map 6 setup - I'd recommend this over additive maps and map 5 as it's more consistent.

BP

Danny_Boy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Danny_Boy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:04 pm

git-r2 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:05 pm
Danny_Boy wrote:
git-r2 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:57 pm
All my vehicle needs i take my car to AMR (Accelerated Motor Repairs) and they're in Edenbridge. They fitted my Quaife into my diff casing for a substantial amount less than Birds too and did my M3 arms and alignment. I wont use any other garage for that kind of in depth work. The fellas that run it are ex race mechanics so love a bit of work like that over the old service work.
Cheers matey :) hopefully have it back tomorrow.

The fellas sort you out all Ok?
2009 E82 135i Manual - MHD - Quaife Diff - BMWP Exhaust - VRSF DCI - Intercooler - Charge Pipe & Bov - Meister R's - M3 F&R Arms - Powerflex Bushes - Subframe inserts - AC S Type 3's - BMWP Strut Brace - Darklines - Spoiler

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by git-r2 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:22 pm

Birdseye1 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:22 pm
Yeah it's got to be good for the number of people using them and the results they get. Do you know if the JB4 can control the elsd? Or traction control?
+ some dullness

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by git-r2 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:24 pm

Danny_Boy wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:04 pm
git-r2 wrote:
Danny_Boy wrote:

Yeah all good, seem like a top bunch of lads and had some nice motors there :)
+ some dullness

Danny_Boy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Danny_Boy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:45 pm

git-r2 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:24 pm
Danny_Boy wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:04 pm
git-r2 wrote:

Yeah all good, seem like a top bunch of lads and had some nice motors there :)
Awesome matey.

Yeah the LS RX7 looked awesome till you got close up. Apparently the owner won't pay to sort the issues. Shame!
2009 E82 135i Manual - MHD - Quaife Diff - BMWP Exhaust - VRSF DCI - Intercooler - Charge Pipe & Bov - Meister R's - M3 F&R Arms - Powerflex Bushes - Subframe inserts - AC S Type 3's - BMWP Strut Brace - Darklines - Spoiler

Return to “Members Cars”