My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Hoss
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:07 am
Location: Canberra, Australia

My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by Hoss » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:10 am

Great job. Your motto should be, "adapt and overcome".

F11xed
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by F11xed » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Image
Image
Goodies arrived today!
Fairly sure my exhaust is going to stick out a bit too far Time to get the welder out!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RoyBoy777
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by RoyBoy777 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:53 pm

This is a super cool project!

Kraig135i
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by Kraig135i » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:26 pm

8)
Loads of BMWP parts,SSDD carbon spoiler,Reiger diffuser,PE Stage 2+,Eibach springs,BMS filters,BMS cowl filters,Richter downpipes,Forge intercooler,Darkline rear lights, with more to come!
:spotman:

beattie17
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by beattie17 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:58 am

Great to see you managed the conversion so easily.
I'm kinda gutted it wasn't in the 5dr sleeper tho.

What's your plans with this? show or track it?
Space grey 135i N55, 461bhp/537lbft, Ecotune hybrid & map, VRSF Fmic, Wagner DP, Berk Race Axle Bk, Pure inlet, BMS chargepipe & induction kit

F11xed
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by F11xed » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:44 pm

beattie17 wrote:Great to see you managed the conversion so easily.
I'm kinda gutted it wasn't in the 5dr sleeper tho.

What's your plans with this? show or track it?
I'm not one for show cars really, il just be using it day to day with the odd track day/ring trip I think.
Yeah it would have been really cool in a 5 door - still got the 5 door shell! May swap back into it one day!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

F11xed
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by F11xed » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Finally finished the rear bumper! Not sure how I feel about it yet!Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User avatar
Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 9335
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: South East Kent

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by Twenny » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:06 am

Looks very dark this end compared to the front corner.

And looks very orange peely too.


Other than that......looks good lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

F11xed
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by F11xed » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:32 am

Twenny wrote:Looks very dark this end compared to the front corner.

And looks very orange peely too.


Other than that......looks good lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think the photo quality does it any help! I was more unsure about the number plate recess! But thanks for the kind words anyway


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User avatar
Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 9335
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: South East Kent

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by Twenny » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 am

F11xed wrote:
Twenny wrote:Looks very dark this end compared to the front corner.

And looks very orange peely too.


Other than that......looks good lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think the photo quality does it any help! I was more unsure about the number plate recess! But thanks for the kind words anyway


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ha, apologies, maybe you could of explained a little better, as you were quite vague in your concerns so it was open to interpretation.

What is it you've actually done to make it different from a standard performance bumper?

I'd fit it and license plate before making a judgement. Hanging on a frame is no way to judge this IMO.








Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

F11xed
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by F11xed » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:32 am

Twenny wrote:
F11xed wrote:
Twenny wrote:Looks very dark this end compared to the front corner.

And looks very orange peely too.


Other than that......looks good lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think the photo quality does it any help! I was more unsure about the number plate recess! But thanks for the kind words anyway


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ha, apologies, maybe you could of explained a little better, as you were quite vague in your concerns so it was open to interpretation.

What is it you've actually done to make it different from a standard performance bumper?

I'd fit it and license plate before making a judgement. Hanging on a frame is no way to judge this IMO.








Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't worry I'm not easily offended! It's a 1M replica bumper, but because I'm in a hatchback the number plate lives on the rear bumper so had to graft a recess into it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User avatar
Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 9335
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: South East Kent

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by Twenny » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:10 am

Ahhh I seeeee. Better.

In that case that's a great job and solves the issue of the plate position.

I'd like to think I'm pretty clued up on the 1 series all the way up to M division but I didn't spot this modification and guessing most people won't either.

Custom rear bumper just adds to the kudos of this already great build.

Nice to see you finishing someone else's vision.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

RoyBoy777
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by RoyBoy777 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Let's see it fitted! Should look good!

F11xed
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by F11xed » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:37 pm

RoyBoy777 wrote:Let's see it fitted! Should look good!
Il nip into work later see if I can throw it on!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Poormans
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 10:47 pm

Re: My E81M the car that BMW never built.

Post by Poormans » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:35 am

Twenny wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:10 am
.. but I didn't spot this modification and guessing most people won't either..
Me neither, I'd say job well done 8)
shooting brake

Post Reply

Return to “Members Cars”