Baby BMW Forum banner

Deans M140i

13K views 61 replies 19 participants last post by  JamieHRC 
#1 ·
Hey thought I'd put a little thread together to keep everything I've done to my 140 in one place really and update any future mods etc .

So I ordered my sapphire black m140i back in October 2016 . I had a 10 week wait which for anyone waiting on a car will know it's torture !

Originally spec'd alpine white then changed at the last minute to SB , which I'm happy with but god it's tough to keep clean !!

Spec :
ZF Auto
Comfort pack
Reverse cam
Front & back park assist
Heated seats
Harmon kardon
Privacy glass

Collection day

Didn't have really any plans to change to much to be honest , never a fan of the stock wheels so I always knew they'd go . I blame the forum for everything else I've done / to do though haha

Couple of weeks in I changed the chrome grills for m performance ones .

Before

After

Simple enough DIY job , expect a little pain in the hands though ...

Next up I added the 3D carbon spoiler & maxton front splitter / side diffusers in gloss black . They look good , the fit great but another area that traps in dirt .

Car was now looking a little less standard , I'm trying to keep it subtle and I've seen a few people wrapping / spraying there front fins which can work on certain colours but for me I'm a fan off the ferric grey detailing so I wrapped the bottom section of the fins only which really does look great in the flesh but hard too capture in a picture .

Original wrap didn't last so I plasti-dipped the bottom section of the fins too achieve the same look .

Changed the mirrors caps over for the Autoid performance caps and had them finished in ferric grey

Next up after a lot of research was springs , in the end I went for HR 15 mm springs which work great for my access issue ( only just mind you)

Stock

HR -15mm

Car looked 10 times better and felt a lot better cornering at speed , the ride was unaffected !!

Car was crying out for some wheels, so the hunt begins !! I looked at a lot of wheels and very nearly went for the schnitzer reps

However I decided the M3/4 competition wheel was the one I wanted . Sticking too 18s I reused my mpss tyres.

Wheel size : 18 x 8.5j ET35 it gives a nice aggressive stance too the car , I'm happy with the look however the wheels are a swine too clean !!

Visually I'm nearly finished , 1 or 2 small changes maybe . I'd like a little more noise and bigger exhaust tips so that will be looked at in the near future . I have a BMS intake to fit so a little induction noise might be nice ,

Too be continued I guess .....

Dean

See less See more
#32 ·
Cars not been washed in a couple weeks !! Roads are a mess and finally a spare hour to get it bathed !!
The 666m reps are a nightmare to clean but there like different wheels when washed !!

Been using REVOLUTION Espuma wheel cleaner for a couple years it's absolutely brilliant and acid free .

Snow foam
2 bucket wash
Dried
Tyres dressed

All in an hour [emoji1373]

#36 ·
Gatsods said:
This looks absolutely fantastic - best I've seen so far I'd say!

Where did you get the 666m replicas from, were they from eBay or a particular shop? Same for the induction kit?

Keep up the good work!

-Gatsods

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thank you

The wheels are from 'SKIDZ' based in Falkirk central Scotland .
The intake was bought of a friend second hand .

#37 ·
D6EML said:
pem10 said:
With the state of the roads at this time of year, same again tmrw Dean? Out of curiosity have you tried sonax bsd? Awesome stuff and only takes 10 mins to do the whole car. :celebrate:
No never tried that before , what's involved ? Waterless wash ?
Not a waterless wash Dean but more of a quick detailer... it's bloody good stuff :cool2:

#38 ·
AndyBish135i said:
D6EML said:
pem10 said:
With the state of the roads at this time of year, same again tmrw Dean? Out of curiosity have you tried sonax bsd? Awesome stuff and only takes 10 mins to do the whole car. :celebrate:
No never tried that before , what's involved ? Waterless wash ?
Not a waterless wash Dean but more of a quick detailer... it's bloody good stuff :cool2:
For less than a tenner it's definitely worth a try. After you've dried your car go over it with this stuff. Quick squirt spread it with one microfibre then buff off with another.
Stand back and be impressed :cool2:

#42 ·
D6EML said:
Gatsods said:

Where did you get the 666m replicas from, were they from eBay or a particular shop? Same for the induction kit?

Keep up the good work!

-Gatsods

Thank you

Are theses staggered mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#44 ·
Mark197829 said:
D6EML said:
Gatsods said:

Keep up the good work!

-Gatsods

Thank you

No , 8.5j square setup .

Dean

#46 ·
Mark197829 said:
D6EML said:
Mark197829 said:

No , 8.5j square setup .

Dean
Is the handling any different mate

To be honest I got the car lowered around the same time so there was an improvement in handling but I'd put that down to the lower centre of gravity

#50 ·
D6EML said:
Got the 666m reps away for a colour change
I've seen a few reps in matt/satin black or grey and they look good.. Look forward to seeing the end result

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.