Baby BMW Forum banner

R99's Individual Pure Blue F31 330d - The Family Wagon!

28K views 104 replies 22 participants last post by  R99 
#1 ·
Hi all,

My E91 325d is sadly departed - 27 page build thread here for those who don't know it:
Long and short is that I bought a E70 X5 30d as a better family alternative, however it was rejected after 3 weeks because it was a total lemon and painted about 4 differing shades of Alpine White :redface:

After looking at two more X5's (F15's this time) they were both also shoddy so I decided to pool my resources and get a newer car. I was looking at pre-reg 330i''s and even asked TRL for a quote on a brand new 330i or 330d, but whilst browsing the AUC site by the hour I found this and knew I wanted it! The colour combo is perfect in my opinion. BMW Individual Pure Blue with Oyster leather.

The plans at this stage are to enjoy it, but this is me, so it will be modded - a few things in the pipeline at present!

ID6 coding - done by the resident expert - Wibbles
M3 mirror retrofit - purchased, awaiting mirror cap painting and fitting (again by Craig!)
Custom steering wheel and M3/4 paddles from the same guy who's done my last two cars - Ledermanz in Latvia - due to be posted out this week
G series iDrive wheel (the newer style silver ones)

Then it will move onto styling stuff - which is looking like:

M Performance bodykit - front splitter, rear spoiler, side blades and rear diffuser (no side blade stickers though!!)
19" OEM M3/4 wheels or 20" BBS CI-R
ACS lowering springs
M Performance brake discs front and rear (once they need replacing)

Some pics:

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great, nice colour. :)

#3 ·
Thanks; the colour was a big factor in choosing this one!

It's 10 months old with 6k miles & has been used as the Sales Managers car at Dick Lovett in Swindon. Condition wise it's as new.

Proper chuffed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Should be a good project if it's anything like your E91!!.

Subscribed. :)

#5 ·
Another quick update... ordered a custom retrimmed wheel from Ledermanz in Latvia. He's done my last two cars, and the quality looks great once again!

Will update with better pics once it's arrived & has been fitted!

It's nappa leather with alcantara & blue cross stitch. Also opted to have the centre trim done in alcantara too & he's supplying a set of F8x paddles also!

#6 ·
Lovely colour, a shade or 2 darker than Santorini blue looking at them pictures.

#7 ·
Quick update for the build...

M3 mirrors are being painted & should be fitted by the end of next week with any luck!

I also happened upon a brand new genuine M Performance body kit for the car on the F3x FB page, quick PM and I managed to get a decent (but fair) bargain on it!

Pick this up at the weekend and unsure of what to do with regards to paint?

Just need to source the roof spoiler now!!

#8 ·
Jacksteel said:
Lovely colour, a shade or 2 darker than Santorini blue looking at them pictures.
Thanks, I certainly feel lucky to have found such a rare colour on the used market!

It's non metallic, but kind of wish it had some flake pop in the sun!

#9 ·
Also forgot for some reason to put a couple of fitted pics of the steering wheel up.

It was done last week!

#10 ·
All looking good, any more updates since? :)

#11 ·
Quick update again...

M3 mirrors now fitted and sorted.

Opted to get the mirror covers colour coded in body colour for a more OEM+ look.

Also got the added bonus of having both passenger & driver mirrors autodimming, since my M3 mirrors were obviously from before BMW got tight and only fitted the drivers side with the electrochrome glass!

My car being a 2016 build was sadly only equipped with one auto dimming mirror glass from the factory, but the good news was that the wiring is present in the door, so it was plug and play once the M3 mirrors were on!

Pics...

#12 ·
Love this car! Great colour combo and looks mean for a family wagon.

What iDrive controller are you getting, any pics part number?

I'm collecting my M140i (66 plate) tomorrow and already looking to fettle.......

#15 ·
Great stuff, sure the 20i will map very well too!! B48? Had that engine in my F56 Cooper S & it was a cracker!

#17 ·
A little winter update...

Car has just turned 10k miles - it's racking them up as it's my daily!

Couldn't be happier with it to be honest & the colour gets lots of positive attention / comments.

It's currently in a right state as the NE has been rather cold of late & I've sadly not had a chance to clean it for getting on for a couple of months - unheard of for me!!

Here's a couple of pics:

Also just purchased an item on the mods list via the eBay 20% flash sale this afternoon..... some H&R sport springs. A nice little bargain at 139 EUR delivered from Germany!

Just need to find a decent place locally to get them fitted once they arrive!

#18 ·
Then today I couldnt stand the dirt any longer so I braved the cold, wind and rain and got out there and cleaned it!!

Managed to get it dried off as the rain stopped about halfway through cleaning it, but now its hammering down again. Typical!

#19 ·
H&R's now arrived!

Car is going in for a new Windscreen on Monday after a fight with a rather large stone before the Christmas break!

Managed to argue the point with my underwriters and they have eventually authorised genuine BMW glass - but I still have to use their approved fitter - National Windscreens.

Not too chuffed as I wanted BMW to do it, however lets hope they don't have any issues!

#20 ·
Thanks to Craig (Wibbles) tonight I now have Apple CarPlay up & running on the car!

Craig supplied and uploaded the required FSC codes - top job as always!

#22 ·
Octavius said:
Did the new windscreen go in okay :?:
No, it was a disaster which resulted in National Windscreens being ordered to pay me £420 in compensation.

They were literally incompetent :rollseyes:

#23 ·
Update time.

Car will be going for a full GTechniq detail soon - 2 stage machine polish and the Crystal Serum Ultra Black package.

In the mean time I have now bought some wheels for the build - OEM F80 437m.

Opted for 4 new tyres on the 437m's. Went with 245/35 & 265/35 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, also needed new valve stems after the previous owner of the wheels had been using metal valve caps on metal valve stems!

Wheels & tyres will be going on the car on Tuesday - can't wait!

#24 ·
Got my 437m's on this morning.

Awful pictures as they were taken just as it was about to start snowing & the car is filthy!

The fronts do poke slightly so its going to need the H&R springs I have sat here on ASAP and maybe some increased camber to tuck them.

No rubbing with this wheel & tyre combo though, so thats good news!

#25 ·
R99 said:
Got my 437m's on this morning.

The fronts do poke slightly so its going to need the H&R springs I have sat here on ASAP and maybe some increased camber to tuck them.
R99,

Looks much better !!!

Re front camber - yes you will get some tuck in of the F&R wheels with H&R springs.

If wanting needing more w/o camber plates or F8x longer front lower arms, then you could seek out some used mlite front hub carriers (aka -30min camber correction hub carriers] from a breakers which will add -0.5deg front camber.

BP

#26 ·
BP, thanks!

Interested to hear more about the hub carriers? Why do they have more camber?