Obligatory new car thread - M140 Shadow

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

colwill116
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Obligatory new car thread - M140 Shadow

Post by colwill116 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 am

So after a year out the game I'm finally back in a BMW. First impressions are great. Prefer the inside layout of the new LCI2 over the old LCI. Dials are 10 times better and idrive is more intuitive.

I speccd extended bluetooth & wireless charging and I have to say first impressions are great. Love the charging functionality. Plus being able to read emails texts etc is nice although a bit dangerous.

I was torn between estoril blue and mineral grey but I'm am 100% happy with my decision. Especially paired with the orbit grey alloys - I love them.

One thing I will 100% look into is exhaust and engine note. I previously had an m135i with mpe and that sounded far more aggressive than this does. I feel an mpe won't do it so am looking at centre silencer delete x2.

Also special thanks to Tony, who was patient and managed my expectations perfectly throughout without the usual salesy bull**** that extends the process ten fold.

Cheers Tony!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MINERAL GREY M140i SHADOW EDITION 3dr

Symo6791

Re: Obligatory new car thread - M140 Shadow

Post by Symo6791 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:04 am

Looks mega! I was torn between Estoril and Mineral and also whether to go light or dark leather. I'm now wondering if I made the right choice with Estroril and black.... aargh! I choose blue as thought the contrast with the dark lights and grille etc would work better. Same wheel choice though! Have you got any interior pics please ? Cheers
M140 Shadow Edition 5 door ( on order )
Estoril Blue
Pro Nav / Adaptive Suspension / Auto / Seat heating / Folding mirrors / Apple CarPlay

colwill116
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by colwill116 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Symo6791 wrote:Looks mega! I was torn between Estoril and Mineral and also whether to go light or dark leather. I'm now wondering if I made the right choice with Estroril and black.... aargh! I choose blue as thought the contrast with the dark lights and grille etc would work better. Same wheel choice though! Have you got any interior pics please ? Cheers
As requested ImageImageImageImage

Symo6791

Post by Symo6791 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks very much for that ! .... that's put the cat amongst the pigeons as I thought I preferred the Estoril and black but that's a great combo! May be too late for me in any case as car due last week of October .... I've emailed my dealer to ask if too late to apply any changes. Cheers again
M140 Shadow Edition 5 door ( on order )
Estoril Blue
Pro Nav / Adaptive Suspension / Auto / Seat heating / Folding mirrors / Apple CarPlay

colwill116
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by colwill116 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Few more shots. 100% decided that I'm going down the centre silencer removal route. Compared to the m135i the noise is just too civil for meImageImage

Nik_nak
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Nik_nak » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Looks very nice pal.

Nik_nak
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Nik_nak » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Looks very nice pal.

deanw
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by deanw » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:37 pm

colwill116 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 am
So after a year out the game I'm finally back in a BMW. First impressions are great. Prefer the inside layout of the new LCI2 over the old LCI. Dials are 10 times better and idrive is more intuitive.

I speccd extended bluetooth & wireless charging and I have to say first impressions are great. Love the charging functionality. Plus being able to read emails texts etc is nice although a bit dangerous.

I was torn between estoril blue and mineral grey but I'm am 100% happy with my decision. Especially paired with the orbit grey alloys - I love them.

One thing I will 100% look into is exhaust and engine note. I previously had an m135i with mpe and that sounded far more aggressive than this does. I feel an mpe won't do it so am looking at centre silencer delete x2.

Also special thanks to Tony, who was patient and managed my expectations perfectly throughout without the usual salesy bull**** that extends the process ten fold.

Cheers Tony!!!!

Very nice! I too was torn between the MG and EB but I went for MG. I think it looks quite stealthy in the MG with wheels. I've got the MPE which is good but a lot of money for something that I think should be standard.

Would the silencer delete not invalidate your warranty?

colwill116
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by colwill116 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:51 pm

deanw wrote:
colwill116 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 am

Cheers Tony!!!!

Very nice! I too was torn between the MG and EB but I went for MG. I think it looks quite stealthy in the MG with wheels. I've got the MPE which is good but a lot of money for something that I think should be standard.

Would the silencer delete not invalidate your warranty?
It could impact the back box warranty but other than that I don't see how it can

Return to “Members Cars”