Baby BMW Forum banner

Bmw 135i Yas Marin blue

7K views 38 replies 11 participants last post by  Dan PA CTW 
#1 ·
135i dtc , wavetrac diff , ohlins road and track

See less See more
#4 ·
mikeyscott said:
That's very nice and how do you find the Wavetrac?

I hate my manual
The wavetrac is a vast improvement over the standard diff , combined with the ohlins r&t its night and day to be honest . I have also uprated the rear subframe with m3 bushes and m3 arb , also front m3 arms as well so its a combination of everything .

#8 ·
ajl00 said:
Seen this for sale some months ago, was a cat D bought by a body shop owner as a personal car iirc, came very close to buying this one myself until insurance was awful :rollseyes:

#10 ·
Jacksteel said:
ajl00 said:
Seen this for sale some months ago, was a cat D bought by a body shop owner as a personal car iirc, came very close to buying this one myself until insurance was awful :rollseyes:
That's correct the car has genuine 22,000 miles which is what attracted me to it . I have done a lot of upgrades since I purchased it .

New genuine Bmw m cross drilled and grooved brake discs front and rear
Carbotech xp10 pads from the tyrant
Camber plates from tyrant
Wavetrac diff
Ohlins road and track suspension
Wagner decat pipe
Aluminum charge pipe
M3 rear subframe bushes
M3 lower front arms and bushes
Hel performance oil cooler
Hel performance braided brake lines
Motul 660 brake fluid
Carbon fibre rear Bmw m spoiler
Stud and nut conversion
Bimecc wheel spacers .

Also had front mount cooler fitted along with burger-sport induction kit.

It Also had a jb4 fitted which I have removed and had the car remapped.

#12 ·
A few others mods I've carried out . Following a trip to Europe with friends in October we dropped on a heat wave this highlighted the issues with oil temperature that the n54 and n55 engined BMW's suffer from .

Following my trip I did some research and found the best remedy is twin cooler setup . These are quite expensive from firms in america dinan etc . So I set about sorting my own from existing 335 kits from Ebay .

#14 ·
ajl00 said:
Following my trip I did some research and found the best remedy is twin cooler setup . These are quite expensive from firms in america dinan etc . So I set about sorting my own from existing 335 kits from Ebay .
Don't suppose you have a link to the kit you bought? Was much modification required?

#19 ·
I had to take a slight nip out off the bottom edge of the bumper return edge to clear the cooler housing, also I had to trim the wheel arch liner for clearance and air flow .

I'm considering m1 bumper and wing conversion so will give them a final tweek if I get round to it .

#22 ·
Just a quick update with the car , just returned from a trip to Europe with some friends car ran faultlessly.

Took in a few laps of the Nurburgring.

Before we left I fitted a new set of Carbotech xp 8 pads , thanks to ian.

I'm fancying a change so vehicle will be going up for sale in the next coming weeks , watch this space . Anthony

#25 ·
ajl00 said:
Just a quick update with the car , just returned from a trip to Europe with some friends car ran faultlessly.

Took in a few laps of the Nurburgring.

Before we left I fitted a new set of Carbotech xp 8 pads , thanks to ian.

I'm fancying a change so vehicle will be going up for sale in the next coming weeks , watch this space . Anthony
Let me know if you fancy parting with The ohlins :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.