Baby BMW Forum banner

Griffs M140i LCI2 Shadow Edition Sunset Orange

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Roonerspism 
#1 ·
So hopefully I'll use this thread to document my ownership of my new M140i Shadow Edition.

Already posted in the status thread but I'll post it here for future reference and updates.

Ordered 25th August, collected 2nd October.

Like many, I did all the usual research on Carwow and spoke to TRL quite a few times. Unfortunately Tony was unable to provide a car until later in the year so I placed an order with Arden BMW in Maidstone achieving a discount of just over 20%.

Unfortunately, it meant a 400+ mile round trip so yesterday was a long and anxious day!

I was originally a member of the "week 39 club" but my collection slipped to week 40. As a result, I'd sold my existing car and had to hire a car for a few days. Fortunately, I was able to hire it locally and drop it off at their Maidstone branch where the Damian from Arden was waiting to collect me.

Here is the beast of a car I drove down in!!! Easily the slowest and most uncomfortable car I've ever drive. And this from someone who used to own a Nova 1.2 Merit back in the day!

A quick 10-minute drive later Damian arrived at the dealership and I was pleased to see that my new car was waiting in the handover area.

Naturally, there were a few bits of paperwork to sign but we were told to take all the time we needed and supplied with drinks. Damian was more than happy to leave us to look over the car (and check the rear wheels, inflation kit etc) as well as take all the photos we wanted. No gifts as such but a couple of keyrings. Asked how much fuel they'd put in, FULL. Literally.

All the paperwork was signed in the handover area and Damian was happy to show me a few things I wanted to know about Pro-Nav. He was more than aware I'd come from a 135i so didn't lecture me what all the controls did. He was very much happy to let me take the who handover process at my own pace. I never felt rushed or compelled to drive off until I was completely satisfied.

The 200 mile journey back was interesting. The Mrs wanted a break and some food at the services so naturally, I parked half a mile away in a deserted part of the car park!

As it was a long journey back it gave us plenty of time to get to know the car. We initiated the Connectedservices and slowly but surely the various apps installed themselves. The new dash and dials look amazing and it's the first time I've seen them in the flesh so to speak.

HK - Having read a bit on here I was quite apprehensive but to me, it sounds great. No complaints at all.

Keys - So obviously you get two keys but me being an idiot this confused me slightly. You see I unlocked the car and drove away, setting up the various options as we went along. Then we stopped at the services. When I returned to the car and unlocked it again I must have used the other key and couldn't understand why all the settings were different. Then it became apparent. The settings are mapped to the key so individual drivers settings are stored.

All in a great day out. Couldn't be more happy with Arden and would recomend them to all.

See less See more
#4 ·
Gary_LB said:
Congrats on the purchase your car looks amazing in SO.

Nova 1.2 Merit. Legend of a car :)

Ukreddevil said:
Nice car, that orange is growing on me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually ordered SO without seeing it in person. Relieved when I saw it up close and personal yesterday. Really does look good in person.

#5 ·
So 72 hours in and I'm at just under 600 miles. It's now gone from Maidstone in the south to the Lake District in the north in a few days :D

Slowly getting used to all the toys inside the car and loving every second of driving it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.