Baby BMW Forum banner

140 gone, 240 arrived!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mashie1994 
#1 ·
Out with the old and in with the new!

My 140 went last week and I replaced it with an LCI M240i.

Why? The m140i was due a service, brake pads, tyres and tax + bmw tax (I do track days).

For the cost of the maintenance as I have a family member who works for BMW it was enough to clear the small negative equity with a bit of change to put towards M Performance parts and a small incremental increase to the monthly payments. My M140i was a pre reg so I didn't get the new car Apr rate of 2.9% which I got this on from the Q2 campaign.

Safe to say, I'm happy I made the change! My M140 was relatively standard but on this one I added some options!

Black
Red Leather
Auto
Heated Seats
Harmon Kardon
Full M performance Kit inc. carbon exhaust tips.

Strangely enough the dealer didn't have the carbon ******* Spoiler listed so I've ordered off eBay anyway for a quarter of the price.

Had the windows tinted last weekend too to save on stealer prices!

Will upload more photos when the Spoiler is on and I've got more time and not just quick snaps off my phone!

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice.. Curious to know why you didn't put your JB4 on this one?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

#4 ·
sootyvrs said:
Nice.. Curious to know why you didn't put your JB4 on this one?

Simply put - its like opening the flood gates to modify the car and then inevitably I'll take it on the track.

I could tell just how much quicker the 140 had worn after 12 months and numerous track days and I want to actually keep this car looking lovely.

I'll buy a separate, cheap track car for next year and keep this standard and not abuse it like I did the last.

I'm the type that as soon as you've done one modification, I'll keep doing more!

#5 ·
Yes I understand what you mean.. It can be a slippery slope when you start :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.