Baby BMW Forum banner

Brandon's F21

13K views 76 replies 17 participants last post by  Brandonclifford 
#1 ·
I thought I would start a thread for my car as there will be some big changes coming in the future

The car: 2013 BMW F21 116D M-Sport finished in estriol blue

The car was purchased on the 25th August 2016 and is my first car, from the second I see the car in the show room I have loved every minute of it and here it is the day I bought it

I original didn't plan on changing anything on the car but we all know how that ends up and here it is today

As time goes on I will keep this thread up to day with ongoing mods to the car, the current list of mods is as follows

Exterior:
1. Black kidney grills
2. Depo angle eye headlights
3. BMW M Performance darkline LED rear lights
4. White fog lights
5. AutoID gloss black M style mirror caps
6. Tinted sequential swiping mirror indicators
7. Gazp front splitter
8. Gazp side skirts
9. Gazp rear spats
10. Rear spoiler (painted body colour)
11. BMW M Performance dual exhaust tips
12. BMW 125i rear diffuser
13. Black rear BMW badge surround
14. Rear wiper delete
15. Window tints

Wheels, suspension & brakes:
1. BMW 19" 313m wheels
2. Bimecc 10mm front spacers
3. 45-50mm H&R lowering springs
4. M Performance bump stops
5. HEL braided brake lines
6. Painted calipers (Blue)
7. EBC dimpled and slotted discs all round
8. EBC yellow stuff pads all round
9. Motul high performance racing brake fluid
10. Rear underbody brace

Under the hood:
1. K&N panel filter
2. Top mount engine strut
3. Stage 1 ECU tune

Interior:
1. Custom royal steering wheel
2. Cruise control retrofit
3. White interior LED
4. M performance pedals
5. Short throw clutch stop
6. Extended storage retrofit
7. Focal audio upgrade (front)
8. Full glass iDrive screen

The list is not complete yet.......

See less See more
#2 ·
Always good to see a new thread started by someone on the progress of their car and nice to see yours up Brandon.

Not sure if you've posted this through another means, as it is full of various forms of symbol, which appear obviously computer- based, but spoils the overall appearance of your post. I hasten to add that is in no way a criticism of your overall post, as it is very concise - just need to remove all the symbols if you can.

Only other thing you definitely need are some pics ..... always goes down well.

All the best bud ..... :p

(Edit:- You can now ignore all of the above - must have caught you in the middle of sorting it all out ..... looks good now) :headbanger: :makefun: :beerchug:

#3 ·
midlifecrisis said:
Always good to see a new thread started by someone on the progress of their car and nice to see yours up Brandon.

Not sure if you've posted this through another means, as it is full of various forms of symbol, which appear obviously computer- based, but spoils the overall appearance of your post. I hasten to add that is in no way a criticism of your overall post, as it is very concise - just need to remove all the symbols if you can.

Only other thing you definitely need are some pics ..... always goes down well.

All the best bud ..... :p

(Edit:- You can now ignore all of the above - must have caught you in the middle of sorting it all out ..... looks good now) :headbanger: :makefun: :beerchug:
All sorted, was working on it. Don't know what happened lol but pictures added as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Well to start the next wave of upgrades of, I have today taken delivery of a new set of rims.

BMW 313m 19" finished in ferric grey, I was lucky to pick these up for a steal. They won't be going on the car until next year, want to get the winter months out the way first. They will likely be wrapped in Pirelli P Zeros

*will add test fitted pictures tomorrow*

#6 ·
Octavius said:
I met Brandon and his car on this year's Northern Romp.
Car looks great with its mods.
Octavius it was a pleasure meeting you again on that trip and thanks for your kind words on the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Jonw246 said:
Looks really well mate, can I ask what spoiler that is?
I got it from eBay, I think it was called a 3D style about ÂŁ120. I then had it colour matched to the car and fitted it

**edit**
eBay item number: 262732370540
That looks very similar to the one I have and about the same price

#11 ·
Nice list of upgrades you've got there, the car looks great! Usually I hate the halogens, but on the pictures (at least) it doesn't look too bad after the mods :) I'm looking to get the same wing spoiler for myself too, completely changes the rear.

#12 ·
BMW_120 said:
Nice list of upgrades you've got there, the car looks great! Usually I hate the halogens, but on the pictures (at least) it doesn't look too bad after the mods [emoji3] I'm looking to get the same wing spoiler for myself too, completely changes the rear.
I think the other mods takes the attention away from the halogens but they won't be there for long, all will be reviled in good time

#13 ·
Brandonclifford said:
BMW 313m 19" finished in ferric grey

First test fit complete, pictures aren't the best but will be doing a second test on the weekend.

The rears are going to take a little work to get them to fit nicely, probably going to remove 4-5mm from the hub face and roll the arches slightly

#14 ·
Brandonclifford said:
Brandonclifford said:
BMW 313m 19" finished in ferric grey

First test fit complete, pictures aren't the best but will be doing a second test on the weekend.

The rears are going to take a little work to get them to fit nicely, probably going to remove 4-5mm from the hub face and roll the arches slightly

I think that looks damn good man, already looking forward to seeing it at Santa Pod next year

#15 ·
GeoffCollins said:
I think that looks damn good man, already looking forward to seeing it at Santa Pod next year
Thanks Geoff, the new shoes should be on in January, can't wait [emoji4]

The car will definitely be on the stand again at Santa Pod next year

#17 ·
Brandonclifford said:
So, new parts arrived today from Eurowagens

The first official set of depos for the F20/F21 pre lci

I'm excited to see how your car has transformed from last pod!

#18 ·
Had the car dyno'ed today to see how the numbers are while the car is mechanically standard, had 116bhp and 270Nm, that's 2bhp and 10Nm more than stated from BMW

Im quite happy with the numbers as it's not lost any power and should really benefit from a custom map

(The dyno was done at Surrey rolling road)

#22 ·
SSN17 said:
Brandonclifford said:
SSN17 said:
Did you ever end up fitting the 19's mate?
Not yet ahah, tyres are being ordered Friday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ah, okay. Let me know when you've got them on, have been thinking about sticking 313's on mine for a while now haha.
This thread will be the first place updated when they go on so keep an eye out

#23 ·
Brandonclifford said:
So, new parts arrived today from Eurowagens

The first official set of depos for the F20/F21 pre lci

So the last parts for this install arrived today, New control modules as they were faulty

Unfortunately I had to fit them to find that out [emoji17]

Weather dependent but will hopefully go on this weekend

#26 ·
Brandonclifford said:
The new 313 Wheels are now on as well, they are the 19" staggered setup and fit perfectly

Looks awesome man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.