Baby BMW Forum banner

Rtorbs M240i .....

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  racey1979 
#1 ·
Never intended this to become a build thread but made a few tweaks since collecting it last month and no end in sight so far so figured I'd put all the **** in one place. Loving the car though, not bad for an impulse buy either ....

Initial dealer shots plus first mod - carbon mirrors !

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Full M Performance carbon and alacantara interior retrim courtesy of BMW Cotswold. Can't rate those guys highly enough. Good comms, fast delivery and great price. Just got the wheel and armrest to do but I ran out of daylight this weekend as started it late.

Never did like the silver, or rather felt it didn't tie in with the rest of the colour scheme. Really happy with it now.

#9 ·
rtorbs said:
GeoffCollins said:
Looks really good man, that colour is awesome!
Cheers pal not seen any tbh which I don't mind about at all....

Makes it that bit more special, you planning to do any other mod's or purely cosmetic to keep the warranty valid?

#10 ·
GeoffCollins said:
rtorbs said:
GeoffCollins said:
Looks really good man, that colour is awesome!
Cheers pal not seen any tbh which I don't mind about at all....

Makes it that bit more special, you planning to do any other mod's or purely cosmetic to keep the warranty valid?
Genuinely don't know tbh, defo like the lowered look and some spacers would be nice but the roads round me are bad so just not sure?!

If i survive the winter a jb4 and LSD might also be on the cards but will see lol

#12 ·
rtorbs said:
BMW_120 said:
B-e-a-utiful! Red + black looks great!
Would a light smoke tint on the rear lights make it look better?
Cheers and yeah possibly? Do smoked units exist ? I'm also thinking of taking the rear quarter tints a shade darker too ....

For some models there are BMW M Performance Blackline taillights, not sure if they're available for the F22 though.
What you could do is order a taillight tint film and apply it yourself or have it done at some shop. There are plenty of films out there, with the most common being light (smoke) and dark.

#15 ·
bikerdave said:
Is fitting the armrest a real pain, mines on order for the weekend :)
Yeah a little bit, two distinct difficulties, First being the brittleness of the plastic that the holding pin slides into requires force to remove (I cracked a bit off the plastic) and the second being the retaining spring clip is a pain to re house.

Both totally doable though so dont let it put you off.

I used this video for reference too, it might help?!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Lovely looking 240 mate, i did consider red myself but ended up choosing mineral grey, the red looks really striking when its kept nice I must say. I find the mineral grey looks great but again, it needs to be kept really clean otherwise the car looks dull. How do you find it rides on the 19s ? I am considering a set but a bit concerned about it being too harsh? I have Birds suspension which should help matters as it does soak up bumps much better than it did before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.