Baby BMW Forum banner

Benga's E82 120d

878 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Twenny 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm Ben from Edinburgh, Scotland, and I've just stumbled upon this forum. I've been a life long obsessive of BMW and finally managed to get my very own a couple of months back!

It's a 08 E82 120d (Insurance wouldn't let me have the 123d :rollseyes: )
Here he is:

As you can see I've already added some personal touches, fair to say I'm in love with it.

Plans so far are alloy refurb, remap, and lowering. Suggestions on what I can do with the 120d are much appreciated.

#2 ·
Hello Ben and welcome 👋

There's loads to do that you'll find by browsing around on here from free (Camber pin mod & CDV delete) to more expensive stuff.

First job though is to get rid of the red striped grille slats and splitter stripes! :wink:

#3 ·
Yes Ben, hello and welcome to the best 1 & 2 series forum on the net.

Congrats on the 120d and as I'm sure you're finding out black is a ***** to keep clean but looks awesome when it is.

Loads and loads of mods and upgrades and the ones you mentioned above are a great start.

Have a read through mine and Bish's build thread (in my signature at the bottom) for ideas and inspiration.

But. Red stripes? Sorry but it looks gash and has to go. It's your car and do as you please of course, but it's not a corsa or fiesta and doesn't need such errr adornment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys,

The pics are actually a month old, the red was just an experiment, it's actually gone now. Car hasn't been properly clean since to take photos, because of winter weather.

Some great suggestions on your threads, any thoughts on colours for the wheels, just now I'm thinking anthracite grey? not a big fan of black on black.

#5 ·
Benga said:
Thanks for the welcome guys,

The pics are actually a month old, the red was just an experiment, it's actually gone now. Car hasn't been properly clean since to take photos, because of winter weather.

Some great suggestions on your threads, any thoughts on colours for the wheels, just now I'm thinking anthracite grey? not a big fan of black on black.
Yes gun metal or anthracite would be my suggestion but I'm sure hyper silver will get a vote too from the OEM crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.