Baby BMW Forum banner

1st BMW F20

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Gareth0126 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Love the car and especially with it been the m sport. Unfortunately it's only the 116 but for a first bmw I think it personally looks outstanding and economy is a massive factor for the miles I drive to and from work.

Decided today to give the car a really good wash and polish using a new Maguires cleaning kit I had purchased and while at it thought it best to remove the 116 badge at the back 😂 I know it's a marmite choice but personally I'm not there to try and "burn" people at the lights with a sleeper lol I just like the smoothness of the boot. Also polishes up really well for a 2 year old car that has covered 20k!!

Love the shine on those tinted windows 😁

And the roof......👀👀👀

#4 ·
Congratulations. Looking very nice.

Apart from those god awful Aqua Fresh stripes which I'll never understand, we already know it's an M sport mate. But you have a lovely looking and clean car.

This might explain my and some of our feelings on those Aqua stripes -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Thanks for the comments 👍 yep new house and new car, think the car was the better purchase 😃😃

Never knew there was such a massive debate over the m sport badges! Personally I can understand the argument in regards to trying to show a car as something it's not but when you purchase an m sport why take all the badges off?? I'm totally confused by this but everyone has the right to do what they please to their own cars I guess ☺

#7 ·
Gareth0126 said:
Never knew there was such a massive debate over the m sport badges! Personally I can understand the argument in regards to trying to show a car as something it's not but when you purchase an m sport why take all the badges off?? I'm totally confused by this but everyone has the right to do what they please to their own cars I guess [emoji5]
Exactly right, indeed, you can do whatever you want. I was just making you aware that the stripes might not be as cool as you think.

Keep the stripes buddy I was merely trying to help you see the light lol

#8 ·
Twenny said:
Gareth0126 said:
Never knew there was such a massive debate over the m sport badges! Personally I can understand the argument in regards to trying to show a car as something it's not but when you purchase an m sport why take all the badges off?? I'm totally confused by this but everyone has the right to do what they please to their own cars I guess [emoji5]
Exactly right, indeed, you can do whatever you want. I was just making you aware that the stripes might not be as cool as you think.

I think I'm going to be removing the stripes!

Just got the car back from dealer. Wasn't happy about the brakes and had a massive argument with the garage resorting in me contacting BMW direct. After much debate the dealer has replaced all the brake discs and pads free of charge and as a gesture of goodwill they also supplied and fitted 4 new Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres so that's me pretty much set for the next few years!

#9 ·
Gareth0126 said:
Twenny said:
Gareth0126 said:

I think I'm going to be removing the stripes!

Just got the car back from dealer. Wasn't happy about the brakes and had a massive argument with the garage resorting in me contacting BMW direct. After much debate the dealer has replaced all the brake discs and pads free of charge and as a gesture of goodwill they also supplied and fitted 4 new Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres so that's me pretty much set for the next few years!
Wow that's quite a post there Gareth.

Congratulations on all counts buddy especially binning the Aquafresh stripes lol

#12 ·
The thought of doing the brakes was a bit of a sour note about the whole purchase, thankfully it's sorted now and I can get on with enjoying what I believe is a beautiful looking motor :spotman:

So this month I decided to wrap the roof gloss black at MEK Wrap Squad in Middlesbrough. After having it done I decided that the chrome looked out of place. I contemplated buying an aftermarket grille but thought it would look better wrapping the original then I could gurantee OEM fit

The chrome line had to go round the windows

And yes after I got the car home the 3 stripes were took off and placed in the bin!!

#17 ·
Gareth0126 said:
pauldon said:
Yeah looks wicked with the roof wrap mate.

I'm not far from boro myself so would be interested to know how much the grille wrap was if you don't mind me asking?
It was £160 for the roof including the side runners and fin

£30 for the grille and £40 for the window chrome mate
Decent prices, looks quality.

Wrapping is cheaper than getting a new grille I'm just concerned about it chipping :?

#19 ·
So after much debate I decided to get my wheels powder coated. I was very tempted to go with the feric grey but with the roof already been gloss black and having had the car de-chromed I wanted to keep the theme going and went for a shiney gloss black.

Took them to a place called SEM in Sunderland and they charged £60 + vat per wheel and supplied temporary wheels so I wasn't left high and drive. Took around 6 days from start to finish and I think they have turned out a treat 👍

I got some Carbon Collective Platinum from Waxworx for £22 and gave them a couple of coats over 2 days. Bottle is tiny at 15mls but only a few drops needed per wheel and they are sealed for 2 years so well worth it.

Finally while in Waxworx I decided to treat myself to a nice set of gloss black gel plates which look really nice against the white car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.