Baby BMW Forum banner

2017 M140i shadow EB

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Mkj 
#1 ·
If someone could tell me how to fix the photos it would be great

Picked this beauty up on Monday. M140i shadow edition. Pretty basic spec, parking sensors, HK sound system, folding mirrors. My third car, first was a fiat "grande" punto 1.4. Kept it for 1 year. Then had an astra gtc 2.0 cdti for 2 years, got bored if it quickly. Now this, quite a jump first rwd. Insurance isn't too bad for a 21 year old male, 300 more than the astra.

First impressions are great, I love the styling with it being the shadow edition, dark wheels, lights and grills etc. Colour is also really nice, albeit too popular. I like how subtle is it, looks like a 120d to most.

interior on the LCI 2 is a really nice place to be, loads of soft touch materials, standard nav is much better than expected Spotify integration (not good) , weather updates etc. Footwell is a bit cramped with it being manual, little bit less space than my astra but not bad. Seats are great, could be a bit more supportive on the side but they look nice and subtle. Plenty of boot space and good for 2 rear passengers. Hk system is good, better than expected. Still getting used to all the controls, everything does seem very intuitive.

The engine is amazing, only 300 miles so taking it easy, but it feels like a jet when you want it to. Around town it's brilliant, easy to drive slowly. The gear box is very notchy, although not really a downside. Getting into reverse is a pain, and 6th doesn't feel great but it's good overall. 1st gear does feel a bit too short imo. Fuel consumption is as expected awful, but should get better when it's run in. Currently around 18mpg, quite a shock from the astra. Exhaust is very quiet, maybe too quiet. The steering is totally numb, my main downside to the car.

Overall very happy with the car, bargain of a car in my opinion. Good discount with pcp using a well known online dealer. Will try and get some more pictures soon, if I can stop driving it. [IMG]https://thumbsnap.com/s/IMuxvYbn.jpg[/IMG]|https://thumbsnap.com/IMuxvYbn

See less See more
#3 ·
Great colour choice chaps! 😉

#4 ·
Have you got adjustable side bolsters on your seats? I've got them on my Shadow Edition but I don't know if they're standard. There should be a little switch on the lower outer part of the seat. Cranking that up helped with the side support a lot.

18 MPG is :eek2:. Mine's got 2,500 miles on it now but even with a lot of town driving I've averaged 29 MPG over the 260 miles I've done since I got it.

I'm surprised you find the steering numb. I find it really responsive and direct but then my last few cars have been Audis and a VW... :bigsmile: I've found the best settings to be drivetrain in Sport and chassis in Comfort. Putting the chassis in Sport just makes the steering feel artificially heavy IMO (my car's on passive suspension).

#5 ·
Been a while since I updated and have done quite a lot to the car. I've done 11k miles since January, have gone through 3 rear tyres, 2 fronts. Currently have pilot sport 4 on the back and just fitted Kumho Ps91 to the front. Very happy with them. Averaged 24 mpg over that time with a max of 46.6 from South Wales to Gatwick.

Few regrets on the car

Wish I went for adaptive suspension, little too bumpy when driving normally
Sometimes I wish I had auto, but I'd regret not getting manual so can't win there
Pro nav, would have liked that
Sometimes regret not getting the 2er, but practicality wins for me

Will try and post some pics sometime

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.