Baby BMW Forum banner

New Member, New Purchase - E88 135i M-Sport

581 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  alex_g 
#1 ·
1st post time....

Just picked up my new daily 'town car'. A 2009 135i M-Sport Convertible in Titanium Silver with black leather, manual box, Pro Sat-Nav, cruise, folding mirrors, front & rear PDC, BMW Assist etc etc

The car has just over 38k miles on it and it doesn't have a single scratch, stone chip or mark. The alloys are perfect and the interior is also 100% as new. Quite remarkable.

I bought it from Barons BMW and the deal I negotiated included a second year of BMW warranty and an update of the SatNav mapping. The HPFP has been replaced and the car has a FSH as you would expect from a BMW retail car.

It was a very VERY easy purchase. The car is replacing a Fiat 500c Twin Air auto as my 'town car'. I run a Porsche 997 as my main car and I was originally looking at getting a 996 Cab for town duties, but the 1-series appealed as it was newer, more practical, and small enough to park on the street in town (where it lives). The 3-series Cab appealed for the hard-top, as did the 630i Cab for the luxury, but the smaller size of the 1-series won out. I ruled out diesels immediately along with 4-cylinder variants, so I was on the hunt for a nice 125i. I realised that BMW dealers are actually no more expensive than independents, so it was an obvious decision to pick a car from BMW-network. I missed a 125i M-Sport cab, so called up Barons and bought the 135i blind. I saw it for the first time last night when I went to pick it up.

I would have preferred a DCT, but I was trying to keep the spend under £11k, so I'm pretty happy with the result. It's comfy and rapid, but not so much so that it makes the 997 redundant.

I think I'll run it for a year or so and then maybe swap it out for a M3 DCT Convertible if a nice one turns up in the BMW network. The second year of warranty will then pay for itself as I understand that it is transferrable so should make the car easier to sell on.

Here are some pics taken this morning:-

I almost feel bad about leaving it at the airport tomorrow for a week...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.