Baby BMW Forum banner

My 130i E81 LSE (from Barcelona)

6K views 47 replies 13 participants last post by  pem10 
#1 ·
I'm going to start a thread for my current BMW 130i E81 :). I will update with everything related to the car.

BMW 1 Series E81 - 130i - December 2008 (manufactured 2007)
LHD as I am from Barcelona
Exterior: Limited Sport Edition: Carbonschwarz Metallic + Styling 216
Interior: full brown Terra Leather from my previous 130i
140.000km (January 201:cool2:.

Mods:
- Tempomat retrofit
- CDV Delete
- Complete HiFi retrofit + HiFi coding
- Auto Dimming rear view mirror retrofit
- Footwell lights
- 135i muffler + mid resonator delete
- BMWP Sort Shift Kit + 1M gear knob & boot

Coding:
Panic Alarm + US Alarmtyp
Parked car ventilation
US Sidemarkers
Digital speed on kombi + tempomat speed
Angel Eyes more bright

Future mods:

- LSD
- Bilstein B12
- M3 LCA
- Whiteline inserts
- H&R ARB
- Stainless Steel Brake Lines

- CCC / CIC / NBT retrofit
- Door puddle lights
- Electric folding mirrors
- BMWP Front Bumper
- BMWP Side skirts

Photos:

This are the photos the previous owner sent to me before purchasing.
Car was ok, 1 owner, all service in BMW, but some scratches on the bumpers and on left side. Wheels need to be painted, because I guess someone just cleaned them with something EXTREMLY corrosive and paint is a mess :x
Interior was more or less ok... steering wheel and gear knob not so good

First thing to do, cleaning, and swaped from my previous 130i: full interior Terra leather, steering wheel, gear knob, handbrake.

Since I had everything removed, was the perfect opportunity to retrofit the complete HiFi I purchased some time ago. This mean almost complete new wiring, original Amp, and all the new speakers, including the "rare" rear side trunk HiFi moulding, tweeters and subs. I coded the car for the HiFi option.
Sound improving is notorious... but is easy when stock system is a complete crap :D.

I LOVE how brown leather looks, it's just superb. :D

See less See more
#2 ·
I would like to do a little "memorial" for my old 130i E81 Sparkling Graphite Metallic.

I bought it end of march 2017. Just 2 weeks after that I did a "small" Euro Trip: Belgium, NĂĽrburgring, Netherlands, and back to Barcelona. About 4500km or something like that in a few days.

I was in love with that car. It was just PERFECT. I used it everyday to commute to work, weekends, and holidays.

On summer I did another Eurotrip, but this time 3 weeks, 11 countries, 6000km. Further point from Barcelona was Budapest.

I went to a trackday on 29th October... and I was really unlucky, I just smashed it into a wall. 100% my fault, not car's fault. I was ok, just whiplash and small back injuries.
I'm not a "racetrack expriencied driver", but It was not my first time on that track... I just went over my possibilities.

22.000km in 7 months.

10 days after the accident I bought my current 130i LSE :) I didn't know what to buy after my 130i... I don't think there's better car than a 130i without spending twice. For something "better" you need to spend 25-30k and go for a good 135i, Cayman S, etc.

#3 ·
Done in January:
- Front brake pads (ATE Ceramic)
- CDV Delete
- Gearbox oil change

These photos are with another set of Styling 216 with winter tires. This wheels fit better because they're from E9x and not from E8x LSE :D

#4 ·
What a shame about the sparkling 130i, that car looked lovely. 22kkm in 7 months is plenty tho..! That's even more then me! :lol2:

Are you sure it was 100% driver error? With that much driving and generally quite a predictable car, it should not easily get away from you I would imagine. Maybe there was something not quite right?

#5 ·
Poormans said:
What a shame about the sparkling 130i, that car looked lovely. 22kkm in 7 months is plenty tho..! That's even more then me! :lol2:

Are you sure it was 100% driver error? With that much driving and generally quite a predictable car, it should not easily get away from you I would imagine. Maybe there was something not quite right?
The more you drive this car, the less you want to step out of it :D. And yes, Sparkling Grpahite Metallic was lovely as you said :) I like more that color than my current one. On top of that, it had sunroof, which I never had before and now I miss a lot :lol2: .

Car was ok, tires were ok... DSC OFF (misatke) and I stepped left rear wheel outside the track on the gravel, exiting a right corner... massive and super fast oversteer to the right (because of huge car destabilization), and the right wall was really close. Lateral (left side) impact. :cry:

#7 ·
How do you find the Cdv delete ? Car look so good with the terra leather !

#8 ·
Jamesno1 said:
Any pics of the smashed car?
-Edited-

markhurley said:
How do you find the Cdv delete ? Car look so good with the terra leather !
CDV Delete is a MUST on this car or any other BMW I guess. Seriously, it's way much better without it. No more 1-2 rare changes, and you have full control over the cluth, not the standard weird feeling especially at lows speeds when you park for example or exiting a traffic light, stop, etc.

If anyone has CDV, just delete it!! :D You will regret not having it done before, 100% guaranteed.

#9 ·
Hola amigo!

First of all sorry about your old car but main thing is you're ok.

Sounds like you know how to enjoy and modify a car :)

CDV delete is definitely something I'm looking to do ASAP, as you described the gear changes are not consistent at all which is annoying.

#11 ·
Boombap said:
Hola amigo!

First of all sorry about your old car but main thing is you're ok.

Sounds like you know how to enjoy and modify a car :)

CDV delete is definitely something I'm looking to do ASAP, as you described the gear changes are not consistent at all which is annoying.
Thanks!
Yes, CDV as I said it's very recommended :).

BMWBrad said:
Both very nice cars
Loving the terra!
That snow can't be in sunny Spain?!
Thanks!
Yep, it's in the Pyrenees. Next to Andorra, 2h away from Barcelona :D.

This photo was taken in the same area, my previous car (not lowered or anything), 15-20cm of fresh snow that day:

#12 ·
Nice work, mate. Love the interior swap - so sick of boring black interiors!!!

#13 ·
supercati said:
The more you drive this car, the less you want to step out of it :D. And yes, Sparkling Grpahite Metallic was lovely as you said :) I like more that color than my current one. On top of that, it had sunroof, which I never had before and now I miss a lot :lol2: .

Car was ok, tires were ok... DSC OFF (misatke) and I stepped left rear wheel outside the track on the gravel, exiting a right corner... massive and super fast oversteer to the right (because of huge car destabilization), and the right wall was really close. Lateral (left side) impact. :cry:
That was sparkling graphite? I would have guessed space grey!

Does sound like a bit of a driver error indeed.. good thing they are also enjoyable to drive a bit less aggressively, eh!

#14 ·
Poormans said:
That was sparkling graphite? I would have guessed space grey!

Does sound like a bit of a driver error indeed.. good thing they are also enjoyable to drive a bit less aggressively, eh!
Yes, Sparkling Graphite, very beautiful color :)

That's right, I learnt an expensive leason for life I guess. :wink:

#15 ·
More snow fun from this weekend :D. Snow is megafun! I can't imagine how funnier it could be with an LSD fitted :lol2:.

I like a lot how the cars looks with this set of Styling 216, as they're from E90, ET is different, no spacers.

I don't know what I'm going to do in the future, but some 17" set of wheel would be nice. Even steel wheels from X1 in 17" could be interesting, so I can fit not that wide tyre, which means better traction :D . I have some little traction issues in snow now, only when I need to start to roll... wide tire and a little bit worn.

#17 ·
Some new parts arrived home yesterday... I need to find some time to fit them :D .

holland130i said:
Very nice car and great pics!!!

Shame about the previous one,but hey...at least it got smashed whyle having fun...and not because of an accident in traffic by some bad driver hitting you!!

:D
Mark.
Thanks Mark! :)

#18 ·
Bienvenido Sr

Nice to see you here!!! I love the pics in the snow.

My LSE is exactly same as urs but without the brown interior, I'm running e9x series 216 wheels, perfect fitment without spacers!

I didn't know anything about your sad story with your previous car, Lesson learnt, now time to enjoy the new one which by the way looks much better.

Any list of future modifications

Cheers!

#19 ·
AlejandroM said:
Bienvenido Sr

Nice to see you here!!! I love the pics in the snow.

My LSE is exactly same as urs but without the brown interior, I'm running e9x series 216 wheels, perfect fitment without spacers!

I didn't know anything about your sad story with your previous car, Lesson learnt, now time to enjoy the new one which by the way looks much better.

Any list of future modifications

Cheers!
Thanks Alex!! :)

There are infinite mods and retrofits for the E8x :D, but considering it's my daily car, I'd like to keep it "comfortable". My "to do list" for the 130i is the following one:

Future mods:
- 135i muffler + mid resonator delete
- BMWP Sort Shift Kit
- LSD
- Bilstein B12
- M3 LCA
- Whiteline inserts
- H&R ARB
- Stainless Steel Brake Lines

- CCC / CIC / NBT retrofit
- Footwell lights
- Door puddle lights
- Electric folding mirrors
- Blacklines LED
- BMWP Front Bumper
- BMWP Side skirts

#21 ·
Boombap said:
Nice mod list amigo..

Why not consider the BMWP exhaust?
I had this exhaust setup in my previous 130i and for me, it was perfect! I saw the idea in Holland130i's car.
First of all, BMWP exhaust is expensive as hell... and this will cost less than 1/2 BMWP price :).

And it's quite similar in terms of sound, plus you still get the valve which is good to be able to control sound level! (BMWP doesn't have exhaust valve).

Right now I have everything at home, I need to think how I will proceed:
- 135i backbox
- 135i mid resonator (x2)
- 130i complete mid resonator section

#23 ·
This week I waxed for first time a car... not bad at all, but can be done better :D. Anyway I like a lot the result! Pitty is that the day after I waxed rained, so it's not so clean on this pics.

Also, I installed brand new Blackline LED tail lights :D

Today I will sell the Styling 216 E8x set (on the pics), so I need to find some interesting wheels :cool2:.

Boombap said:
I thought MPE does have the valve? There's a video on YouTube where the guy has it and controls the valve:

You're right! :)
, but . I thought any of them had valve :redface:.

#24 ·
supercati said:
Boombap said:
Nice mod list amigo..

Why not consider the BMWP exhaust?
I had this exhaust setup in my previous 130i and for me, it was perfect! I saw the idea in Holland130i's car.
First of all, BMWP exhaust is expensive as hell... and this will cost less than 1/2 BMWP price :).

And it's quite similar in terms of sound, plus you still get the valve which is good to be able to control sound level! (BMWP doesn't have exhaust valve).

Right now I have everything at home, I need to think how I will proceed:
- 135i backbox
- 135i mid resonator (x2)
- 130i complete mid resonator section
Yeah this whas the reason i didnt go for the performance box...its just too expensive,and i couldn't find a used one anywhere...looked for ages on ebay etc etc...
Also i like the black end tips better...

Sound is very similar indeed!

Mark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.