Baby BMW Forum banner

Callum's M140i

4K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  crp207 
#1 ·
So had the M140i nearly a year now and thought id finally make a thread on its progress,

it came factory fresh in the following spec, sapphire black, auto box, adaptive sus, pro nav, cruise control and a few other options.

stayed "standard" two days and before I paid a visit to GazP for a splitter.

JB4 and downpipe came next,

then Gazp side skirt's, Carbon "M" Mirror caps, and carbon spoiler.

car stayed like this for a while, just enjoyed driving it.

car is currently at scorpion exhausts being a mule for their new M140i cat back and Decat,

future definite mods are;

APEX ARC-8's (rears are here, fronts on the way from America)
M3 LCA's (actually have these just not fitted yet)
H and R 15mm springs

future potential mods are

autoid carbon rear diffuser
Meth/Water injection
Braided brake lines, two piece rotors and m4 pads
alcantara steering wheel

Here's some pics of the car: will upload more when I sort them from my camera

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks very smart with those subtle body mods.

Definitely agree with wibbles though! With all that power an LSD is surely a must. My standard M135i is fairly useless at putting down all it's power so a JB4 M140i must be even worse! Power is useless without traction!

#4 ·
Looks lovely, so much better than stock with only a few nice touches :)

LSD not essential, you can still have fun without it although it does make a big difference on certain race tracks.

#5 ·
Boombap said:
Good choice on the new apex wheels, personally I don't like those standard wheels at all!
+1, i didn't mind them at first but the more I clean them the more I hate them, seeing the Apex's on an e46 m3 made my mind up instantly

#6 ·
identti said:
Looks very smart with those subtle body mods.

Definitely agree with wibbles though! With all that power an LSD is surely a must. My standard M135i is fairly useless at putting down all it's power so a JB4 M140i must be even worse! Power is useless without traction!
I have been looking into LSD's (Mperformance) it gets the power down pretty well in most conditions, even in the wet its not bad (My last car was actually harder to get traction down 200BHP diesel fabia Vrs) new wheels will have sticky tyres fitted so should be even better

#7 ·
few more photos I found from my drone, last summer, hartside top, cracking road in these cars!

ordered the Under body brace today, should hopefully turn up next week,

#14 ·
Adrians M140 said:
Wheels will look great on the car. What widths and offsets did you go for as I had considered some for my M140 but wasn't sure on the fitment!
Fronts are 18x8.5 et45
Rears are 18x9.5et58

Will maybe need to run small spacers but I'll see

#15 ·
Update;

the front wheels have finally showed up from apex (batch had just gone into production when I ordered them), will hopefully get these one next week,

got the car back from scorpion after it being used as there test mule, exhaust is a 4.5" downpipe, 80mm non res catback to a valved backbox, when the valve is shut its quieter than normal, then when its opened up all hell breaks loose! its loud. sounds brilliant but isn't ideal:') looking to get a resonator welded in!

car is booked in to get the callipers painted a different colour, got an alcantara steering wheel waiting to go on with M paddles, along with a set of m235i H and R 15mm springs!

Excitement times will update with plenty of pictures once I have these bits fitted!

#16 ·
possibly the worst picture ever but;

wheels are on, look unreal in my opinion,

brakes have been painted in fire orange, something different from the blue every man and his dog has,

#18 ·

Few more photos,

Alcantara steering wheel feels amazing! Top quality work from Jack at royal steering wheels! M paddles feel so much better than the standard ones!

#20 ·
Jack@AUTOID said:
crp207 said:

Few more photos,

Alcantara steering wheel feels amazing! Top quality work from Jack at royal steering wheels! M paddles feel so much better than the standard ones!
Just had my wheel done by Jack @ Royal Steering Wheels, so happy with it! He does great work.
He does indeed, will be getting my arm rest trimmed to by him soon as well! the satisfaction of cleaning the wheel and it looking new again is second to none:')

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.