Baby BMW Forum banner

Bungles 135i

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bentaylor 
#1 ·
Hi all

New 135i owner checking in! Known Docwra a long time and after being in his on track and seeing it in action on road trips to the likes of Le Mans I just had to get one for myself - luckily a mutual friend was selling a very well spec'd one for the right price.

View attachment 20180203_232241.jpg

Some may recognise it as its been magazine featured, owner used to be on here and a quick search suggests its been discussed a few times because of the colour lol

Spec as I got it:

BMS dual cone filters
VRSF metal charge pipe with HKS dump valve
Stage 2 turbo technics turbos (built from the OEM units)
Pro Alloy FMIC
Fuel IT stage 3 fuel pump
BMS meth injection (fitted but not being used at the minute)
VRSF catless downpipes
Custom Y-pipe and 3inch exhaust system by Hardknocks
BMWP short shift
Spec stage 3 clutch and flywheel
Mapped by Litchfield with Cobb to 476bhp and 446lb/ft

BC coilovers
M3 lower arms
Goodridge braided brake hoses
Pagid RS29 pads

Avery Denison wrap
Seibon carbon bonnet
Carbon ******* spoiler
Carbon front splitter
Carbon rear diffuser
BMW darkline rear lights
M135i alloys with Michelin PSS tyres

Apologies for the naff photo, only one I have at work. Will try to get some better ones ASAP

Already developing quite the shopping list for it lol! So far only subframe void bushes actually ordered as I really don't like how floaty the rear end feels

See less See more
#3 ·
Had a day out in the car yesterday so figured I'd get a daytime and non blurry shot of the car lol
Personally I am not a fan of the carbon bonnet, but like the weight loss it provides, so I am booked in with the local wrapper to get it wrapped the same colour as the body

View attachment 20180213_122558.jpg

The aim of the day was toget the car up on the ramps for a few jobs and some investigative work. Sadly Euros had sent me (or I probably ordered :lol2: ) the wrong brake pads so I didnt get that job done.
We did however get the new Nolathane (thanks to this forum for the link to the cheap ones!!) subframe inserts fitted and WOW - completely transformed how the car feels and so much more confidence inspiring now! These should be the first thing anyone does tbh

View attachment 20180213_145636.jpg

Have a very slight oil leak at the front is looking like a rocker cover leak but the bay is so congested were struggling to pinpoint the source :|
Only as tiny weep so not much to worry about in the grand scheme but its right next to the exhaust and occasionally smells lol Will probably get done alongside some better inlet pipes since theyre also a pain to do!

Also my cables to start using MHD arrived but swapping the map from COBB to MHD is proving a pain so that may have to wait till the full remap

Then went out to the theater with the Mrs and got pap'd by the local fb page lol

View attachment Screenshot_20180214-075445.jpg

#4 ·
Unfortunately other things have been getting in the way of playing with the BMW lately (fences blowing over, Clio blew its engine etc) but parts have been steadily arriving.

The BMS dual cone intakes and the COBB came off and have been sold. In their place I will be using MHD and the ramair filters that came with the new high flow inlet pipes :spotman:

View attachment 20180323_142627.jpg

Just fitted the ramair flters to the OEM inlets for now so that I can keep trundling around in it

View attachment 20180325_163431.jpg

To go alongside the intakes I have an N20 map sensor ready to be fitted - this reads up to 3.5bar whereas the stock one starts getting really inaccurate around 20psi - Turbo Dynamics reckon the turbos I have are good to 24psi :twisted:

View attachment 20180329_134115.jpg

The last of the recent parts to arrive were a low level switch and a boost switch so that I can get the BMS meth injection working - the aim with this (for now) is to just use it to keep IAT's down on track (and a little extra knock protection) to try and keep power levels up and safe

View attachment 20180309_114622.jpg

Just a case of getting it into the garage to fit the parts and ordering a map from Wedge now :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.