Baby BMW Forum banner

Ghost's M140i

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  TAS 
#1 ·
Thought il get a thread started as iv had the M140i about a month or so now, honestly didn't think i would be enjoying it as much as i am, it's a great little car!
Bought it as a daily, wanted to stick with a BMW although was close to getting a Golf R or S3.
I have a few things planned but not a lot, MP kit, JB+, new exhaust (MPE is poor imo), some springs and spacers in due time.
Anyway, some quick pics of my last two cars which i still miss :cry:

And some of the new M140i :D

Pro nav
HK
Adaptive Suspension
MPE
etc

See less See more
#6 ·
Sonia said:
I know the Evo is on another level but how would you compare it to the M140 on a straight line speed? As I'm looking for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm, straight line it felt quicker because of the turbo punch after the substantial lag but i wouldn't necessarily say it was quicker. M140i is nice and quick but really pushing it out of tighter corners i feel it struggling due to lack of proper diff in the rear.
Evo is more fun (i have had a VIII and IX) but not great on long journeys or as a daily due to comfort. It's definitely the more exciting and involving car to own though and in the twistys and track, it is exceptional.

#17 ·
GhostM said:
TAS said:
Just purchased a white 5 door shadow too. Loving your mods. Was the mpe really that poor then (just saw it in the for sale section)
Cheers mate.
The MPE just didn't make enough noise IMO.
I'm going to have to try and hear one in person. I did the MPE and decat route on my m135 don't think I'm gonna go that loud again. But want abit more noise than stock. But think the Remus might be a little too loud. Heard yours on motechs instagram

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.