Baby BMW Forum banner

E92 330d

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Boombap 
#1 ·
After two and a half amazing years with my 120d, it was finally time to move on and change car. The 120d was my first car and I genuinely fell in love with BMW's because of it. I bought the car with 50,000 miles on the clock and I've put 30,000 miles on it since without any serious problems.

Thank you all for the advice and help over the last two years and for spending all of my money on mods :lol2:

I've replaced it with an E92 LCI 330d Coupe. The 6 cylinder engine is so smooth and refined compared to the 120d. It's the 245bhp model with 384 lbs/ft of torque and it feels so effortless. The torque is amazing. The car feels more planted and I generally feel more confident at higher speeds, the car just sticks. The 1 series is much better to drive in the city though, more agile and the steering is lighter.

Everything feels a couple steps above the 1 series. The 3 series coupe is a really nice place to sit in. More spacious and feels much more luxurious. It has heated/electric memory seats, pro media sat nav, bluetooth audio streaming, cruise controls, factory xenons, 313 19" alloys and other options I probably don't know about yet.

I've already started planning my mods modding - ordered black grills and a little boot spoiler, just waiting for them to arrive. Next will be a 335 performance diffuser and exhaust, spacers, black calipers and potentially a remap towards the end of the year if I feel I'm getting bored of the power.

Here are a few pictures:

A few pictures of the E81 and E92 together:

See less See more
#6 ·
Squibby said:
Very nice, I have the same plan as you, have a 120d coupe at he moment and looking for a e92 lci mainly for those new headlights [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should definitely do it, you won't regret it - it's such a step above the 120. Mine was remapped and feels so slow in comparison to the 330

#9 ·
BMWBrad said:
Nice upgrade. A timeless shape the e92, especially the LCI.
I've found myself looking at 330d sport plus' recently
Always loved the E92. I was initially looking at 335d's and sport plus coupe's but couldn't find one with the right spec, mileage and price. Ideally I would have got a 335d but they were all £2-3k more than I paid for mine :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.