Baby BMW Forum banner

My Blue 2009 120d M-Sport

1K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Ross_B08 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just picked this up a couple of days ago, 2009 120d M-Sport. Unfortunately it has a few dents in it and is in need of new tyres so I will be spending a bit of cash on her trying to get her straightened out before I start carrying out any mods - although I already have a fair few in mind!

Will be starting with some cheap stuff in the coming weeks also;

- de-badge
- Paint calipers yellow
- Boot lip spoler

Here's a few photos of her after a very quick wash last night. Will be spending a bit more time on detailing etc.. when I get a weekend to spend on it.

Comments, mod recommendations all most welcome!

Cheers.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I am wanting to spray up the front grills and will then match the colour with the spoiler and a front splitter... probably then the wheels at some point too but hopefully will be a new set as not a massive fan of these ones.

At the moment I am undecided on black (whether gloss or matt?) or gunmetal?! :|

Also had the price in now for the dent removal, which I thought was pretty reasonable, so I will be booking her in next week with any luck. Will try and get some before & after shots of the dents.

#4 ·
Funnily enough those are the exact ones I've been looking at today! Think it's definitely got to be grey.

Do you have run flats on those? I have got them at the moment but don't really want to put them on any new wheels - this being the case will I need to make sure the new tyres are fitted with sensor valves?

#5 ·
No don't run RFT's Ross get some 'proper' tyres and be amazed how how much difference they make.
'E' series don't have TPMS in the wheels Ross, it's all done via the ABS sensors.

Fit new wheels/tyres, reset the system and enjoy! :wink:

#10 ·
De-badged the rear and another quick clean over the weekend.

Took it to the bodyshop this morning for all of the dents to be sorted - actually forgot to take any photos of the dents beforehand so not much point posting any after photos! Will be picking it back up on Thursday morning.

Been speaking to BM Autosport and think I am pretty close to ordering the Zito 935's in matt gunmetal. Just keeping an eye on a few things first but been wanting some wheels like that for a very long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.