Baby BMW Forum banner

Dan Mol's 135i Coupe

6K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Dan_Mol 
#1 ·
Finally bought an E82 135i back in March, after looking far and wide for the right one, I got wind of a local dealer getting one back in December, previous owner bought an M2. He wanted it on an 18 plate so come March this finally was going up for sale.

A friend valets all the used cars for this one dealership, he alerted me it was in!

I arranged to view, the dealer cancelled my appointment and tried to schedule something for 4 days later! No thanks! So I went to a branch I had used previously the following morning and asked them to get the car in.

Deposit paid and awaiting to see the car in person. I'd already agreed to buy as long as everything was ok. Turns out they got the mileage wrong by quite a lot but the car was pretty immaculate... I wanted it.

1hr 40mins of negotiation later they agreed to supply and fit the M Performance exhaust.

Car purchased! A 2013, Alpine white, 135i coupe, DCT, sport plus edition.

Dealership ended up struggling to get the exhaust from BMW but Cotswold BMW came to the rescue. This was fitted a week later. I love it, burbles, pops, bangs but can still be quiet when not using the right foot.

Had bought BMW black kidney grills minutes after buying the car, they were next to be fitted.

I wasn't a fan of the black mirror caps on the sport plus edition. Swapped those out for white.

Front bumper has been repaired and repainted due to having screw holes, have a shortened plate to fit but not got round to it yet. Risking no front for a while.

Removed the rear lip spoiler in preparation for an SSDD carbon one arriving next week.

Also bought a set of 261M alloys, which are awaiting refurbishment and powder coating, much prefer those to the 313M.

Absolutely love the car, have a few ideas but it'll stay very standard/OEM. Looking at a DMS remap once I've got used to the car. Slowly working my way panel by panel machine polishing.

Few photos from tonight...

See less See more
#5 ·
holland130i said:
beautifull car!! congrats!!

shame you dont like the 313 wheels...i think they look fantastic on your car!... but hey... its your car :wink:
Thank you. I'm growing to like the 313 as they are sooooo easy to clean. Just always liked the 261 style on the coupe.

BMWBrad said:
Those last 2 photos are stunning.
What will you be doing with the 313's?
Cheers Brad, first photos with the DSLR. Unsure as yet, probably sell them on recoup some money.

AndyBish135i said:
^+1
Stunning photos Dan and car looks lovely :cool2:
Bish
Cheers Bish

#10 ·
Finally my carbon spoiler arrived from SSDD Motorsport, it's a nice piece of kit. Resting on the bootlid the passenger side sits slightly high, hoping once fitted the tape pulls it square.

Fitted this evening and covered in electrical tape to keep it down until the weekend.

Also purchased a bluetooth auxiliary adapter. "Firefly" shame the built in USB isn't 2amp so needs a cigarette adapter also. Works a treat, cuts off to cars Bluetooth for hands free automatically and back to audio.

#11 ·
Fitted new pedals today...

Wish they did a matching footrest.

No pictures of the spoiler yet, it's lifted on the passenger side. Need more 3M tape and hopefully get it stuck down properly. Anyone else had this trouble with the SSDD spoiler?

#17 ·
Nothing exciting happened with mine, been so busy at work it's felt neglected in the garage.

Treated myself to an M Performance handbrake and gaiter, not keen on the alcantara gaiter against the leather so will revert back sometime. Love how the handle now matches the alloy sections.

Before:

After:

#19 ·
261M alloys are now refurbished, collecting from the powdercoaters Monday.

Gyeon Rim ceramic coating to go on next week then decide on tyres... keep the run flat from 313M or buy new none run flat.

Done little else to the car other than enjoy it.

Recently had a new head unit fitted under warranty, attempt to fix constant DAB drop out. No better so will be back to dealer soon for another try. Noisy aircon, tried a service to fix but it still whining, so they'll be asked to look at that again too.

Hoping Santa brings me some carbon.

#20 ·
First of all a stunning car congratulations!!

Also purchased a bluetooth auxiliary adapter. "Firefly" shame the built in USB isn't 2amp so needs a cigarette adapter also. Works a treat, cuts off to cars Bluetooth for hands free automatically and back to audio.

[/quote]

Question: does this allow you to control your music with the steering wheel controls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Wheels collected from the refurb this week, they look brilliant. Need TPMS and tyres fitted but might wait until spring unless someone wants a set of 313M in excellent condition for Christmas!!!

Went with a very metallic silver powder coat in the end, photos don't do them justice. Got ceramic coating to apply before tyres get fitted.

#23 ·
challis99 said:
First of all a stunning car congratulations!!

Question: does this allow you to control your music with the steering wheel controls?
Thank you!

Answer: unsure, wife usually has her phone hooked up to it and skips songs before I've recognised what it is. Will test this week... going to say no hoping for a pleasant surprise!

#25 ·
Got the tyres on the 261M alloys, fitted floating centre caps.

Fancy spacing the rear wheels out a touch but undecided on 10mm or 15mm per side.

Also purchased the SSDD-Motorsport front splitter.

Trying to find a rear diffuser in carbon without the rear cutouts, not keen how can see parts of the car through the mesh. Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.