ryujinmaru's M140i

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

ryujinmaru

ryujinmaru's M140i

Post by ryujinmaru » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:32 pm

My MR M140i arrived over a week ago. I had it detailed and ceramic coated with Gyeon Duraflex (2018 formulation) at AutoDetox in Cannock, who did a great job. Everything is completely stock so far:

Shadow Edition
5 door
Manual
Melbourne Red metallic
719 Wheels in Jet Black
Black Dakota leather
Brushed Aluminium interior trim with Black high-gloss finisher
Media package - Professional
Exterior Mirrors - folding with anti-dazzle
Model designation deletion
Trim designation deletion
Windscreen with grey shade band
Luggage compartment separating net
Seat heating, front
Through-loading system
Adaptive LED Headlights with Matrix function
Adaptive M Sport suspension
Reversing Assist camera

Coming from a MG DCT M2, which was sadly written off in an accident, I wanted something a bit more practical yet still small and nimble, plus I missed the manual stick. Before then I had all manual cars - an E82 135i, before then a Clio 182 (really great fun but French reliability) and my first car a VW Polo E with 55bhp in my student days. :lol:

Did a few hundred miles driving to and back from a friend's wedding last Sunday at Richmond Park and it has been comfortable and relaxing; a bit too relaxing in fact - need to do something about that exhaust as a priority! :lol:

Above 3 photos taken by http://www.autodetox.co.uk/ info@autodetox.com

No other immediate plans for mods, but will get a second set of wheels at some stage. Debating the sensible 18x8 square setup vs slightly staggered 18x8.5s vs wider staggered, ideally 18x8 ET40 front with 245/35, 18x9 ET52 rears with 265/35, but no such alloys that are suitable found. :confused1: Drive over a lot of bumpy roads and speed bumps so not looking to lower the car for now, but may do in future.

Pep675cc
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: ryujinmaru's M140i

Post by Pep675cc » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:27 am

Stunning car.
M140i Melbourne Red, driver comfort pack, heated seats, PDC rear, sport auto box,Harmon Kardon Hi-Fi, black kidney grills, black mirrors, black fins
420d Msport convertible with all the goodies for those sunny days 8)

ryujinmaru

Post by ryujinmaru » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:47 pm

Thanks, yours too... when it's clean! :makefun:

Nice colour BTW! :beerchug:

aldridge andy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by aldridge andy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:35 pm

I love the shine on your car, as I must be local-ish to AutoDetox in Cannock ( Staffordshire ? ) I'll have a rummage on their website.

I'm guessing that as you named them you would recommend them?

Great looking car, Melbourne Red is a bit like Valencia Orange that it seems to change colour depending on the light.
2016 Valencia Orange BMW M140i Auto
2011 Space Grey BMW 116i Sport - Gone but not forgotten.

ryujinmaru

Post by ryujinmaru » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:55 pm

aldridge andy wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:35 pm
I love the shine on your car, as I must be local-ish to AutoDetox in Cannock ( Staffordshire ? ) I'll have a rummage on their website.

I'm guessing that as you named them you would recommend them?

Great looking car, Melbourne Red is a bit like Valencia Orange that it seems to change colour depending on the light.
Thanks Andy :thumbs:

Yes, Cannock is Staffordshire. It's a one-man-operation who has been doing it for over 10 years, Barry. TBH I recently googled for my new car detail and found it, since it's local to me; I've no affiliation. The price is competitive (transparent up front) and he was very approachable, honest, used quality products and did a good job on my car. First time I've used his services. It's also not too far from Cannock train station. As many detailers, you may need to plan ahead and book well in advance. If you do book with him, tell him Chung recommended him to you.

Agreed, it's certainly a change from the silver, black and grey cars I've had before! Regretted the glossy black wheels at first, but now I don't think they are that bad. Will get aftermarket and use those 719s as winters anyway, so it's fine.

walkie86
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by walkie86 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:30 am

Red AND manual = WINNING!

Congrats
Le Mans Blue '06 E87 130i 6MT (almost fully optioned) - 135i muffler:ZHP knob:AC Schnitzer Type3 18x8.5:Nolathane rear subframe bushes:camber pin mod:E9x M3 front sway/LCA:CF front splitters:Aero spoiler:LCI Darklines

Pep675cc
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Pep675cc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:30 pm

ryujinmaru wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:47 pm
Thanks, yours too... when it's clean! :makefun:

Nice colour BTW! :beerchug:
True I like to say it has a layer of protection with the dust at the moment.
M140i Melbourne Red, driver comfort pack, heated seats, PDC rear, sport auto box,Harmon Kardon Hi-Fi, black kidney grills, black mirrors, black fins
420d Msport convertible with all the goodies for those sunny days 8)

Return to “Members Cars”