CUPSTER. My 130i MSport

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

bambam

Re: CUPSTER. My 130i MSport

Post by bambam » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:02 am

How long did it take to arrive from Germany?

Certainly makes it a more attractive proposition at that price, still a lot of money just for a back box though.

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Cupster » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:20 am

Hi ya

Mine took a while (3 weeks) as there was some confusion on BMW lead dates. Some got theirs in a week, others a month.

TBH, is it a lot of money but I have been set on having one since I bought the car in 2010. Mine cost £430 all in from Individual Car Consulting. I emailed them and got free delivery. You can also buy from SalesAfter.de, the price is slightly cheaper but they hammer 60Euro on top for the postage which they would not negotiate but I hear you get delivery within a week.

It is expensive still but it is a quality item and mine is starting to bed in nicely. Sounds awesome through tunnels but quiet on motorway etc.
On order: Devils Juice 2018 VW Tiguan R Line. :(

Deposit taken: 130i MSport, Xenons, BMWP Exhaust, Darklines, BMWP Hybrid Grills, Smoked Repeaters, Aero spoiler, Burger 12&15mm spacers, LED Halos.

Jamie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Jamie » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:22 pm

lovely looking motor mate.
mine: E85 Z4 25i m sport cabriolet
the mrs: E82 118D m sport coupe

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Cupster » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Couple latest piccies for the record:

LOL, my ICE days are over!

Deposit taken: 130i MSport, Xenons, BMWP Exhaust, Darklines, BMWP Hybrid Grills, Smoked Repeaters, Aero spoiler, Burger 12&15mm spacers, LED Halos.

superram
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by superram » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:16 pm

Looking sweet pal. How you finding the exhaust?

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Cupster » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:36 pm

superram wrote:Looking sweet pal. How you finding the exhaust?
Spot on, my vacuum pipe never reached the exhaust valve so that is off. Sounds epic once warmed up! Just how I wanted it. Sutble at low revs and cruising on the motorway for the Mrs and wee one. Then nice and loud(ish) when I am out to play. :twisted:

Some 10mm spacers on the rear, paint the calipers and hubs silver and I am done!

Jiggaman
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Jiggaman » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:01 pm

I find my performance exhaust too loud and droney at anything between 3-4k revs on the motorway.

Could there be something up? Or a lack of silencers in the mid section?

The car already had it when I bought it so not sure what is going on underneath.
M235i Alpine White, HK, bum warmers, sun protect, high beam. M2 carbon interior, BMWP splitter, diffuser, spoiler, grills, MPE, BMS intake, TMC

Sadly gone - 130i Limited Edition with BMWP goodies.

E87 120d - PTorque remap: 210hp

superram
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by superram » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Jiggaman wrote:I find my performance exhaust too loud and droney at anything between 3-4k revs on the motorway.

Could there be something up? Or a lack of silencers in the mid section?

The car already had it when I bought it so not sure what is going on underneath.
Is the vacuum pipe attached on yours, i.e. it has the golf tee mod?
My vacuum pipe isn't connected, but I don't feel it's too boomy at cruising speeds. Maybe it'll get louder with age.

Jiggaman
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Jiggaman » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:37 pm

superram wrote: Is the vacuum pipe attached on yours, i.e. it has the golf tee mod?
My vacuum pipe isn't connected, but I don't feel it's too boomy at cruising speeds. Maybe it'll get louder with age.
How would I check?

I don't have access to ramps or even a jack :| sorry
M235i Alpine White, HK, bum warmers, sun protect, high beam. M2 carbon interior, BMWP splitter, diffuser, spoiler, grills, MPE, BMS intake, TMC

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Cupster » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:45 am

Jiggaman wrote:
superram wrote: Is the vacuum pipe attached on yours, i.e. it has the golf tee mod?
How would I check?

Check here:

That black plastic blob on the far pipe will have a rubber hose attached. Just un plug that (Pull it away from the housing). You should be able to feel around and find it pretty easily without a jack. All it will mean is that the pipe stays open which makes it a bit noisier/bassier at low loads. My PE is absolutely fine on a cruise. Maybe you have a modded mid section like you say? Can you post up a video/sound clip?

Maybe you have an exhaust leak somewhere?

THETYRANT
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by THETYRANT » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:21 am

Car looks great :D... just makes me want BMW to hurry up and get the rear spoilers back in stock as my lmb 130 soooooo needs one :)

Seen your comment on spacers, you may not get 10mm on rear as i found on mine, i initially went for 12mm front and rear but the hub protrusion on rear of my 06 130i is 14mm on rear so spacers needed to be thicker and 12mm broke when i tried them without checking carefully first doh!, ive now got 16mm on rear with the 12mm still on front and it looks bob on :)

Best way to check is get a wheel off and see how long your hub protrusion is as they do vary by all accounts.

Cheers
Ian
--
Previously 2 x 130i and 2 x 135i, now lightly modded Toyota GT86 along with a Rally classic the ST185 GT4 RC widebody :)

My 130i Suspension Quest thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=80208

:)

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Cupster » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:53 am

THETYRANT wrote:Car looks great :D... just makes me want BMW to hurry up and get the rear spoilers back in stock as my lmb 130 soooooo needs one :)

Seen your comment on spacers, you may not get 10mm on rear as i found on mine, i initially went for 12mm front and rear but the hub protrusion on rear of my 06 130i is 14mm on rear so spacers needed to be thicker and 12mm broke when i tried them without checking carefully first doh!, ive now got 16mm on rear with the 12mm still on front and it looks bob on :)

Best way to check is get a wheel off and see how long your hub protrusion is as they do vary by all accounts.

Cheers
Ian
Yeah get that spoiler sorted mate, I got mine from Cotswolds in primer.

Hmmm, so this protrusion is the centre ring that carries the wheel?

Jiggaman
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Jiggaman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:57 am

Cupster wrote:
Jiggaman wrote:
How would I check?

Check here:

That black plastic blob on the far pipe will have a rubber hose attached. Just un plug that (Pull it away from the housing). You should be able to feel around and find it pretty easily without a jack. All it will mean is that the pipe stays open which makes it a bit noisier/bassier at low loads. My PE is absolutely fine on a cruise. Maybe you have a modded mid section like you say? Can you post up a video/sound clip?

Maybe you have an exhaust leak somewhere?
Thanks for the info. I'm going to give the car a clean tonight so will have a look\feel around and see if I can get a video clip for you.

Cheers

THETYRANT

Post by THETYRANT » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:31 am

Cupster wrote:

Yeah ive had a price from Cotswolds just waiting on bmw getting them sorted as on backorder until mid august last time i checked, will ask again for an update now i think :)

Thats the correct the protrusion/spigot that sticks out into wheel to centre it, if your going thicker than 5mm spacers (which just need spacers and longer bolts as oem spigot usually is still enough to go into wheels but does need checking, wheel must have centre location) then you need hubcentric spacers which slip over it and have a new one that goes into wheel, so your spacers need to be at least as thick so it fits right back onto the hub, i got my spacers and bolts from the following guy and he has been great, even replaced the broken spacers that i admitted breaking! - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Tech-World-Dir ... 34.c0.m322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers
Ian
--
Previously 2 x 130i and 2 x 135i, now lightly modded Toyota GT86 along with a Rally classic the ST185 GT4 RC widebody :)

My 130i Suspension Quest thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=80208

:)

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Cupster » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:39 pm

THETYRANT wrote:
Cupster wrote:

Yeah ive had a price from Cotswolds just waiting on bmw getting them sorted as on backorder until mid august last time i checked, will ask again for an update now i think :)

Thats the correct the protrusion/spigot that sticks out into wheel to centre it, if your going thicker than 5mm spacers (which just need spacers and longer bolts as oem spigot usually is still enough to go into wheels but does need checking, wheel must have centre location) then you need hubcentric spacers which slip over it and have a new one that goes into wheel, so your spacers need to be at least as thick so it fits right back onto the hub, i got my spacers and bolts from the following guy and he has been great, even replaced the broken spacers that i admitted breaking! - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Tech-World-Dir ... 34.c0.m322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers
Ian
Top man, thanks for the info. Good luck with the spoiler.

Return to “Members Cars”