CUPSTER. My 130i MSport

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: CUPSTER. My 130i MSport

Post by Cupster » Wed May 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Cheers, at least all time you are looking around you are saving more cash at the same time!!

If my situation changes before you find one, you will be first to know!
On order: Devils Juice 2018 VW Tiguan R Line. :(

Deposit taken: 130i MSport, Xenons, BMWP Exhaust, Darklines, BMWP Hybrid Grills, Smoked Repeaters, Aero spoiler, Burger 12&15mm spacers, LED Halos.

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Cupster » Wed May 18, 2016 9:21 am

couple new pics.

fitted burger tuning 15mm spacers to the rear which look epic and also took the time to paint the rusty hubs and calipers.

I need to do the fronts and change discs pads at same time but the wally that fitted the last lot (cough cough thanks bmw) rounded off the disc locating bolts so any advice on how to set about drilling them out would be apprieciated.

Deposit taken: 130i MSport, Xenons, BMWP Exhaust, Darklines, BMWP Hybrid Grills, Smoked Repeaters, Aero spoiler, Burger 12&15mm spacers, LED Halos.

THETYRANT
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by THETYRANT » Wed May 18, 2016 9:36 am

Looking good :)...same as mine with 14mm on rear and i did have 12mm on front which looked awesome!...but after fitting the M3 LCA im getting some tyre/arch contact on big bumps so currently back to 3mm spacers on front now , just to give a little more caliper clearance.

Nightmare on the disc retaining bolts!... can you maybe force in a torx/star fitting to the allen head socket ? i know on rounded allen heads before ive been lucky to do that but i guess it will depend how tight or if seized as to if it will be enough to undo, other than that a small chisel and hammer maybe to try and tap it loose ?....if that fails time to crack out the drill but due to the fathead design of the retaining bolts it would be a mission!...good luck.

Ian
--
Previously 2 x 130i and 2 x 135i, now lightly modded Toyota GT86 :)

DC11
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by DC11 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:39 am

Looking Good!

It's surprising what a difference painting the calipers and discs makes.
130i LE | BMWP Exhaust | Bilstein B4S/Eibach Pro | Whiteline Inserts | M3 LCAs - Here
130i LCI | BMWP Brakes, Exhaust, Intake and Interior | Eibach Pro Springs | Whiteline Inserts | M3 LCAs - Gone

Twenny

CUPSTER. My 130i MSport

Post by Twenny » Wed May 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Cupster wrote:I need to do the fronts and change discs pads at same time but the wally that fitted the last lot (cough cough thanks bmw) rounded off the disc locating bolts so any advice on how to set about drilling them out would be apprieciated.
I did exactly this last year Cups, rounded it off but managed to get it out using a torx head, changed discs put back together happy days, until I realised the discs I'd fitted were directional and yes you guessed it I'd fitted the wrong one, then you guessed it, the torx head rounded the head, was an absolute nightmare to get out, so I had to drill the hole top edge out of the bolt which took me 3 hours and 5 drill bits.

So my advice is -
Get a torx head AND an impact driver to ensure you don't round the head when removing

I now have a bloody rust welded locating bolt stuck in my hub - no biggy just have to be careful when removing disc when changing them - doing that next week impact driver at the ready lol
Last edited by Twenny on Wed May 18, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Wed May 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Cupster wrote: Patience, young skywalker!! This is not the 130i you are looking for!

Hehe.
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Cupster » Wed May 18, 2016 1:23 pm

Twenny wrote: doing that next week impact driver at the ready lol
fancy a meet up so we can pull our bolts together?

.....and obviously sort these locating bolts out at the same time! :D :lol:

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Cupster » Wed May 18, 2016 1:24 pm

Twenny wrote:
Cupster wrote: Patience, young skywalker!! This is not the 130i you are looking for!

Hehe.
:lol: Love that!

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Cupster » Wed May 18, 2016 1:27 pm

DC11 wrote:Looking Good!

It's surprising what a difference painting the calipers and discs makes.
Indeed, cleans her up a treat. Looks a bit odd with the fronts not done yet though :lol:

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Wed May 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Cupster wrote:fancy a meet up so we can pull our bolts together?

Umm yeah sure we can buddy lol

However if I pull up and you're waiting on your drive like this I'm outta there haha

2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net

swanny71
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by swanny71 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 pm

Impact driver and torx bit worth a try.

Soak with WD40 or even better Plus Gas for a few hours first. Then, even though it sounds counter intuitive, try tightening the retaining bolt first and this should 'break away' the seized bolt (chances are you will get a much better fit between the bolt and the bit since the the rounded off parts are in the loosen direction rather than tighten - if that makes sense).

If all else fails just drill it out carefully but use new, good quality HSS drill bits. An Ezy-out might be required.

Good luck.
Current: 130i, Exige S V6, Clio Trophy
Previous: Several TVR's, e90 M3, 156 GTA, 306 GTi-6 + others (some crap, some not so crap)

myles
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by myles » Wed May 18, 2016 3:17 pm

Cupster, if you need 100ml of Eezit (PlusGas) and you are anywhere Marlow, let me know. It really is magical stuff!
Black Sapphire '58' 130i | Darklines | Storm Motorwerks gear knob | M3 LCA

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Cupster » Wed May 18, 2016 4:24 pm

Twenny wrote:
Cupster wrote:fancy a meet up so we can pull our bolts together?

Umm yeah sure we can buddy lol

However if I pull up and you're waiting on your drive like this I'm outta there haha

2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net
Ha ha, I would hate to think of the google images you just trawled through to find that :shock:

....you're not far wrong though, is that gonna be a problem? :lol:

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Cupster » Wed May 18, 2016 4:30 pm

myles wrote:Cupster, if you need 100ml of Eezit (PlusGas) and you are anywhere Marlow, let me know. It really is magical stuff!
Bit far bud, I'm south side in Epsom, Surrey :cry:
swanny71 wrote:Impact driver and torx bit worth a try.

Soak with WD40 or even better Plus Gas for a few hours first. Then, even though it sounds counter intuitive, try tightening the retaining bolt first and this should 'break away' the seized bolt (chances are you will get a much better fit between the bolt and the bit since the the rounded off parts are in the loosen direction rather than tighten - if that makes sense).

If all else fails just drill it out carefully but use new, good quality HSS drill bits. An Ezy-out might be required.

Good luck.
I'll give this a go, it did loosen but was very tight, tightening has good grab so I have broken the seal so to speak. Will try the WD40, torx bit and/or impact driver.

Cheers all

Cupster
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Cupster » Tue May 31, 2016 4:04 pm

Cupster wrote:couple new pics.

fitted burger tuning 15mm spacers to the rear which look epic and also took the time to paint the rusty hubs and calipers.

I need to do the fronts and change discs pads at same time but the wally that fitted the last lot (cough cough thanks bmw) rounded off the disc locating bolts so any advice on how to set about drilling them out would be apprieciated.
So now managed to free the offending bolt from the disc so now fitted the new discs/pads, painted the calipers and fitted the 12mm spacers for the front. Not sure if they are too aggressive or perfect! What you think?

Mangled vs other side vs new
Off with the old
On with the new and painted
Spacers on and done

Reset the mileage in carly and job done!

I must say the spacers sharpen up the turn in a treat!!

Return to “Members Cars”