Lippo's 120d SE Coupe with added BT, CC, Leather & Depo DRLs

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

ChesterUK
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Lippo's 120d SE Coupe with added BT, CC, Leather & Depo

Post by ChesterUK » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:53 pm

Where did you source those from? Any night time pics? Have you got the footwell lights?
Chester
For sale: Carbon black E81 130i M-Sport Limited Edition
Gone: LeMans blue E81 123d M-Sport Auto

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lippo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:37 am

ChesterUK wrote:Where did you source those from? Any night time pics? Have you got the footwell lights?
Well spotted, I'd forgotten about those. :oops:

Came from Ebay. loads of sellers, I just searched for T5 LED 6000k. Also got these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-12-SMD-LED- ... 786wt_1037 on order to see if they're any better.

I tried to get some night time pics, but they didn't come out well on my 4S. I'll try and get some more.
120d SE Coupe, Sparkling Graphite Grey. Added BMW Bluetooth, Full Leather Interior, Cruise Control, 261M's, Digital Speedo & Depo LED DRL's
My Ride

ChesterUK
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by ChesterUK » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Yeah, very difficult. I also found with my camera that it didn't get anything like the hue of the lit interior right, the photos have come out blue when it's just not. Maybe an excuse to get a second hand D-SLR which I've been thinking about for some time anyway.

Chester

Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Wibbles » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Great thread, thanks for sharing.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lippo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks Wibbles :D

Chester, I've used my Lumix FZ30 to take this;

The LED's are brighter than the standard yellow bulbs, but not dazzling. Looking forward to fitting those 12 SMD LED's when I get them :P
120d SE Coupe, Sparkling Graphite Grey. Added BMW Bluetooth, Full Leather Interior, Cruise Control, 261M's, Digital Speedo & Depo LED DRL's
My Ride

ChesterUK
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by ChesterUK » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:20 pm

That's not bad. It's really hard to pick up shadow detail in these shots.
Chester

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lippo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:11 pm

First update for quite a while. I recently bought some 261m's and fitted them today.

Before;

After;

My Ride

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lippo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:42 pm

I dug out my old XP laptop with INPA, NCS Expert, DIS etc on it and had a play with a bit more coding. A couple of years ago I coded the DRL's & digital speedo. Over the last couple of days I've added wiper return even when engine switched off mid-wipe, open boot using button when fob in ignition, all windows up when fob pressed, open boot lid without car being unlocked first. I don't know why BMW didn't activate these originally.

Can't think of anything else I need to code....
My Ride

Sijac09
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Sijac09 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:22 pm

I love looking at a decent thread. Looking good mate. I really need some 261's for my coupe!
2008 E87 Black 120D M Sport Coupe

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Lippo's 120d SE Coupe with added BT, CC, Leather & Depo DRLs

Post by Lippo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:49 pm

I thought I'd give a little update. The car's now covered 135000 miles and still going strong.

I did have a knock coming from the front, worked out it was the top strut mount. I replaced both and treated the car to new Bilsteins all round. The ride's better now but I'm waiting to put my non runs flats on when the runflats wear out.

I saw some highline (?) rear lights for sale on here but missed out, so I had a look online and managed to get a new set on Ebay from Germany for a decent price. I like the look of them. Perhaps I should have taken a picture in the dark.

Since I got the car, I've always changed the oil every 10000 miles, I can't understand why BMW leave it up to 30000 miles. I also changed the gearbox & diff oil 4 years ago, I'll do that again in the summer. All these things make the car last longer.
My Ride

Amz
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Amz » Fri May 13, 2016 11:41 am

Hey

Was the interior change easy enough job to do? It's something I would love to do when I have the cash.

Good to hear your motor is going well with 150k on clock. Mine has 50k on so hoping it will do as well as yours :)

Amy
'04 E87 116i SE - Quartz Blue
'09 Suzuki Bandit 1250

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lippo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:20 pm

Hi Amz, sorry for the late reply. Changing the interior was very easy. I had to change the seatbelt tensioners but that was a piece of cake as well. Only took a couple of hours and I took my time as well.
My Ride

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lippo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:02 am

Time for a little update. The car is approaching 158000 miles and still running as nice as ever. The full chain replacement from BMW last year along with the manifold/swirl flaps replacement clearly has something to do with this.

I had a minor mishap with a satellite dish which fell off the roof and landed on the bonnet, so I need to get a small dent repaired but I can't see it from the driver seat so it's not bothering me!

I might get flamed a bit for this, but I thought I'd have a little go at wrapping some of the interior. I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I quite like it and that's all that matters :)

I also bought a centre console with cup holders and fitted it at the weekend. FINALLY my car has somewhere to put a brew! I should've done it 5 years ago :lol:

Next stop - new gear knob.....
My Ride

jgalea324
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jgalea324 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:14 am

That looks really sweet - well done! Looks like a great job :)
2010 E87 123d Msport - BMWP Body Kit, Front E9x M3 LCAs, Powerflex rear inserts, E81 chassis brace, Brembo brakes, 280 bhp/480nm torque (BMWP IC/DPF Delete) - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70528

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lippo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:52 am

Thanks JG :thumbs: Only cost me about £5 to do as well. I think I'll do the door handles and steering wheel trim as well. Not sure whether to use a different colour or not, fancy the silver or even pale blue.
My Ride

Return to “Members Cars”