Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87) UPDATE: DETAILED! 11/09/12

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

User avatar
nabz-2p
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by nabz-2p » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:44 am

sam118 wrote:Sorry I take back everything bad I've ever said :telloff:
You'd get annoyed, they catch too many chips! I feel like getting a marker pen out and going to town!
BMW 118d M-Sport EfDy: Exterior Light Package, Interior Ambient Lights, Adaptive Head Lights, Cruise, 013s,147s, EarthQuakes powered by Alpine MRP-M350 *216's once refurbed!*

User avatar
nabz-2p
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by nabz-2p » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:54 am

Had the wheel for a while but today I got round to fitting it since the gear and boot arrived this week too.

Next is the handbrake and gaiter.

Love the feeling of the wheel and has made the car a even greater pleasure to drive! Let me know what you think.

Image
Image
Image

By the way, I don't know if anyone with the same combo has noticed, but the wheel and gaiter have a different shade of stitching. Ever so slightly! And unfortunately, BM don't make them to match. Pshh. Still looks and feeeeels damn sexy.
BMW 118d M-Sport EfDy: Exterior Light Package, Interior Ambient Lights, Adaptive Head Lights, Cruise, 013s,147s, EarthQuakes powered by Alpine MRP-M350 *216's once refurbed!*

User avatar
nabz-2p
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by nabz-2p » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:34 pm

A dab of Autosol was due today too. Need a performance exhaust trim, without the performance price I think.
Image
BMW 118d M-Sport EfDy: Exterior Light Package, Interior Ambient Lights, Adaptive Head Lights, Cruise, 013s,147s, EarthQuakes powered by Alpine MRP-M350 *216's once refurbed!*

darkbydesign
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by darkbydesign » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:57 pm

I like the diffuser a lot!

Not a massive fan of alcantara as its a swine to keep looking good, unless you wear gloves whilst driving. Like the gear knob tho!!
E87 118d M Sport Titanium Silver

User avatar
nabz-2p
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by nabz-2p » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:28 pm

darkbydesign wrote:I like the diffuser a lot!

Not a massive fan of alcantara as its a swine to keep looking good, unless you wear gloves whilst driving. Like the gear knob tho!!
Cheers bud!

I have a fabric dust remover which works great when cleaning the alcantara.

You need to have a feel of the wheel. Driving is so much better!
BMW 118d M-Sport EfDy: Exterior Light Package, Interior Ambient Lights, Adaptive Head Lights, Cruise, 013s,147s, EarthQuakes powered by Alpine MRP-M350 *216's once refurbed!*

oliver
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2667
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by oliver » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:49 am

Looking great nabz, well jealous of steering wheel n short shift :D u remap yet?

User avatar
Beemoo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:54 pm
Location: South London

Re: Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by Beemoo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:28 pm

nabz how much did that wheel cost you ?

User avatar
nabz-2p
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by nabz-2p » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:27 pm

oliver wrote:Looking great nabz, well jealous of steering wheel n short shift :D u remap yet?
Thanks mate! I actually haven't got the short shift ;) just the gear and gaiter. I'm thinking that the short shift may be to low when changing gears etc. Want to have a play with one first. Map? No not yet ;)
BMW 118d M-Sport EfDy: Exterior Light Package, Interior Ambient Lights, Adaptive Head Lights, Cruise, 013s,147s, EarthQuakes powered by Alpine MRP-M350 *216's once refurbed!*

oliver
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2667
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by oliver » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Oh i thought it was a shorter one, maybe the stock gear stick looks a bit taller. The short throw makes the shift more pleasant apparently, might give it a go some time. Can always put it back to stock if there's an issue. 10 minute job isn't it? I wouldn't worry about the difference in stitching, still looks sweet.

User avatar
nabz-2p
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by nabz-2p » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Beemoo wrote:nabz how much did that wheel cost you ?
Got it from a dealer brand new but ex-display. Cost almost half RRP!
BMW 118d M-Sport EfDy: Exterior Light Package, Interior Ambient Lights, Adaptive Head Lights, Cruise, 013s,147s, EarthQuakes powered by Alpine MRP-M350 *216's once refurbed!*

User avatar
sonicvanman
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 4179
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:28 pm
Location: warwickshire

Re: Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by sonicvanman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Hello mate steering wheel looks awsome, one day i will get round to having mine re-covered like that but the handling is next which will cost a bit, the short shift feels perfect not to short at all, feels a lot better IMO & the gear shift are shorter & quicker of course, your more than welcome to have a blast in my car next time at a meet.

What did you have done at P-torque? im booked in next friday for a rolling road to see what my cars push after the tweeks.

User avatar
nabz-2p
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by nabz-2p » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:44 am

DBSK wrote:Love the steering wheel. The flat bottom definately adds to it IMO
:) Also is perfect shape when getting out of the car, I used to catch my jeans on the old wheel.
oliver wrote:Oh i thought it was a shorter one, maybe the stock gear stick looks a bit taller. The short throw makes the shift more pleasant apparently, might give it a go some time. Can always put it back to stock if there's an issue. 10 minute job isn't it? I wouldn't worry about the difference in stitching, still looks sweet.
That's something else that was putting me off. Fitting the short shift. I have looked at a few thread which makes it simple, but I people have also had difficulty with fitting and have had to fit from under the car...I don't think I've ever seen the underside of my car :oops: Shall we order and fit one together? Yeah I'm getting used to the stitching too now, lol thanksQ
sonicvanman wrote:Hello mate steering wheel looks awsome, one day i will get round to having mine re-covered like that but the handling is next which will cost a bit, the short shift feels perfect not to short at all, feels a lot better IMO & the gear shift are shorter & quicker of course, your more than welcome to have a blast in my car next time at a meet.

What did you have done at P-torque? im booked in next friday for a rolling road to see what my cars push after the tweeks.
What are you having done handling wise? I've been thinking about spacers on mine or maybe a fiddle with the camber. I just like to interrigate members who have already done something before I do it :mrgreen: And thanks, would love to have a go in your 1er, it sounds rather nice too! sh*te me up at Autobrite.

I had a RR ;)
BMW 118d M-Sport EfDy: Exterior Light Package, Interior Ambient Lights, Adaptive Head Lights, Cruise, 013s,147s, EarthQuakes powered by Alpine MRP-M350 *216's once refurbed!*

User avatar
sonicvanman
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 4179
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:28 pm
Location: warwickshire

Re: Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by sonicvanman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:10 pm

nabz-2p wrote: What are you having done handling wise? I've been thinking about spacers on mine or maybe a fiddle with the camber. I just like to interrigate members who have already done something before I do it :mrgreen: And thanks, would love to have a go in your 1er, it sounds rather nice too! sh*te me up at Autobrite.

I had a RR ;)
I've all ready done the camber pin mod & 20mm rear spacers which adds a very little bit to the handling, nexted pay day is the M3 lower control arms to make it about -1.5, -2 camber & the powerflex inserts to the strut braces, then 2-3 months it will be the KW coilovers which should make it feel like its on rails & i think i'll be moving the 20mm spacers to the front & getting 25mm.

I dont get to hear my car as a by stander but i'll be getting a video of my RR at P-torque so should get to hear it at full pelt.

User avatar
nabz-2p
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by nabz-2p » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:39 am

sonicvanman wrote:
nabz-2p wrote: What are you having done handling wise? I've been thinking about spacers on mine or maybe a fiddle with the camber. I just like to interrigate members who have already done something before I do it :mrgreen: And thanks, would love to have a go in your 1er, it sounds rather nice too! sh*te me up at Autobrite.

I had a RR ;)
I've all ready done the camber pin mod & 20mm rear spacers which adds a very little bit to the handling, nexted pay day is the M3 lower control arms to make it about -1.5, -2 camber & the powerflex inserts to the strut braces, then 2-3 months it will be the KW coilovers which should make it feel like its on rails & i think i'll be moving the 20mm spacers to the front & getting 25mm.

I dont get to hear my car as a by stander but i'll be getting a video of my RR at P-torque so should get to hear it at full pelt.
I think I need to read up more on these camber pin mods, getting slight outer tyre wear on the fronts which is annoying too. You do have quite a machine there sonic, more than what meets the eye! Might give MIJ a call, this exhaust is letting me down!
BMW 118d M-Sport EfDy: Exterior Light Package, Interior Ambient Lights, Adaptive Head Lights, Cruise, 013s,147s, EarthQuakes powered by Alpine MRP-M350 *216's once refurbed!*

oliver
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2667
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Nabz's 118d M-Sport (E87)

Post by oliver » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:29 pm

What you thinking of doing with ya exhaust? Yeah I get slight outer shoulder wear too. Car has started 'catching an edge' when it turns a tight bend, feels like the front end doesn't want to straighten up. Prob just needs tracking again

Post Reply

Return to “Members Cars”