Baby BMW Forum banner

Space Grey 135i N55 461bhp/537lbft *Trackday pg7*

18K views 108 replies 36 participants last post by  beattie17 
#1 ·
Hey,

Just upgraded from my E81 118d to this a few weeks ago.

Old e81 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New e82, 2010 30k miles, idrive, harman/kardon package

Tried the x5's on, they look pretty good, but im going to sell them on or fit 245/30 & 255/30

Put a few things from old car on it, LED's thru out, Short shifter(has to be one of the best mods for 1 series), glasses holder, boot springs.
Just waiting for plate transfer to be done and black grilles to arrive.

Am after full red leather interior if anyone knows of any for sale?

See less See more
#80 ·
beattie17 said:
Yeah that's me, stay in scone. You from that area?
I'm from dundee but I deliver for Amazon up your way. Spotted your car a few times about the area, looks fantastic in the flesh :)

#81 ·
#82 ·
Wow those are some good numbers! How does the chassis cope now?
Wild ride? :)
Anything else, or do you consider it finished now?

Was it my Perth 'friend's' cars visiting Tesco that set you on your 135i modding path?

#83 ·
Chassis copes well as i've upgrade most of it, just rear feels like a boat cause i've not got subframe/bushes/lsd on yet.

Haha, i never actually knew he had uprated his till i came on this forum. Wish i had cause i would have asked for a
passenger ride. Probly could have learnt a lot off him too before i bought mine.

#84 ·
beattie17 said:
Chassis copes well as i've upgrade most of it, just rear feels like a boat cause i've not got subframe/bushes/lsd on yet.

Haha, i never actually knew he had uprated his till i came on this forum. Wish i had cause i would have asked for a
passenger ride. Probly could have learnt a lot off him too before i bought mine.
Really! Bloody hell, you really need to get that sorted :)
The proper bushes utterly transform the car. Rock solid at the rear, but also huge improvement to the steering feel and accuracy!
The inserts do just about cure 80% of the boaty rear though and are super easy and cheap I guess.

John has had the 1M, then 120d, 330d and now 320d since then! We still keep in touch and we'll be seeing him again in June on our Scottish jaunt.

#85 ·
Yeah i've got m3 powerflex bushes, so hopefully everything will be good once bolted up, just need to find the time.

That's good didn't know he was in a 3 series car, but then ain't worked at tesco in 5yr lol.

#87 ·
dxze said:
How did you go about fitting the LCI headlights?/Where did you get them?
They just bolt in and out same as standard. I wired up the light brow off the live & earth for angel eyes. Got them off ebay

#89 ·
Jimbob 2705 said:
Wicked results! Looks like the N55 is getting there on the tuning!

May I ask how much the hybrid setup cost?
£1250 for turbo
£699 customs map
labour and gaskets on top

Extras 550i clutch/new dmf, vanos unit

#90 ·

So finally got all the rear end stuff i've been gathering for last 2years fitted.

Fully poly bushed m3 subframe
M3 Arms
Eibach Camber arms
Adjustable toe arms
Kept 135i bottom arm for suspension & 135i brakes
M3 e93 rarb
M3 diff
1M Prop
Csl gearbox bushes
CDV
RTD 360mm Shifter
Braided brake hoses
3 series hubs, wheel bearings and discs, wheels now sit 10mm further in & have enough clearance for 265/30's without rolling arches.

Got the car aligned on tuesday and had to drive home in the snow, so am waiting for all this to pass so i can test the car

#97 ·
Track was awesome!

Car handle better than expected with all my current mods.

Future mods, i'm gathering parts for m3 steering rack, front hubs, M3 ap brakes, M3 coilovers and 18" apex wheels.

#98 ·
Which 3 series discs did you fit to work with the 135i calipers on the narrower hubs?

I converted to 135i hubs to run the full 135i rear brakes and have had arch clearance issues ever since as a result of the 10mm spacing each side :rollseyes:

#99 ·
This is awesome :D

Ive not quite got as much power as you but find the 135i brakes are pretty good with ****hot pads, I also found cornerweighting the car and getting as much camber as possible on the front made worlds of difference, particularly on track. I might have missed it but have you done anything for oil cooling at all?

Loving your work though, look forward to bumping into you on track sometime (not literally) :lol2:

#100 ·
AidanZ130 said:
Which 3 series discs did you fit to work with the 135i calipers on the narrower hubs?

I converted to 135i hubs to run the full 135i rear brakes and have had arch clearance issues ever since as a result of the 10mm spacing each side :rollseyes:
I went with these 371598912495
What offset are your wheels, i tried to search yours
other day lol. I never had clearance issues before i put hubs on, only went for them so i could get et35 spec wheels on with a 265

docwra said:

Ive not quite got as much power as you but find the 135i brakes are pretty good with ****hot pads, I also found cornerweighting the car and getting as much camber as possible on the front made worlds of difference, particularly on track. I might have missed it but have you done anything for oil cooling at all?

Loving your work though, look forward to bumping into you on track sometime (not literally) :lol2:
Yeah all i need is decent pads for these, but i've always wanted a set of AP's and i enjoy the build too.
I'm running 2.5degree camber up front just now with 32 arb, it's more rear end i need to sort, it's a bit soft and too low. Will get it properly setup/corner weighted when new coils go on.

You from scotland too?

#101 ·
docwra said:

Oil cooling still standard cooler just now! If i do more and more track days i might upgrade it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.