Baby BMW Forum banner

Space Grey 135i N55 461bhp/537lbft *Trackday pg7*

18K views 108 replies 36 participants last post by  beattie17 
#1 ·
Hey,

Just upgraded from my E81 118d to this a few weeks ago.

Old e81 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New e82, 2010 30k miles, idrive, harman/kardon package

Tried the x5's on, they look pretty good, but im going to sell them on or fit 245/30 & 255/30

Put a few things from old car on it, LED's thru out, Short shifter(has to be one of the best mods for 1 series), glasses holder, boot springs.
Just waiting for plate transfer to be done and black grilles to arrive.

Am after full red leather interior if anyone knows of any for sale?

See less See more
#4 ·
Lovely motor mate space grey and coral red leather is a excellent combo IMO, I was watching a set of red leathers on ebay a couple of weeks ago they where on for £250 but no one bidded.

#6 ·
lovley motor mate, great spec but god those wheeels, heavy 9/10J wide X5's on a performance 1 series? Just wrong IMO! But glad you've seen sense & ordered spacers for the originals :)

(i'm all for stance / wide wheels btw.. my old e46 was running ET20 9J Style 32's but it was an old shed haha)

#13 ·
No rubbing, but cars still at standard height and wheels need bigger tyres.

They are a heavier wheel, but because of widths car feels alot more planted on road.

#17 ·
Yeah bit of a difference from 118d I had, once chassis mods are complete power will be up'd

#18 ·
beattie17 said:
130I kit you get from bmw
I was looking for a short shift kit for my 2011 N55, but BMW do not do one.
I looked at Rogue Engineering, but they do not do one for N55 either. UUC Motorwerks make one, but some people did not get on with the quality of machining / fitting.

Could I ask where you bought the 130i SSK from and did you fit it yourself?

Thank you!

#19 ·
Bought it from cotswold on here. fitted myself, took 15mins max to do. i think theres a guide/how to with all the part numbers on here somewhere

#21 ·
How did you know the 130i N52 SSK would fit the N55?

So it fits perfectly and no issue with vibration noise? I am getting all excited now. :)

Sorry for all the questions! :lol2:

#22 ·
I had it in my E81 118d, removed it before i sold and i seen that someone had it in there sig on here, so i stripped it down and tried.
No noise, no vibration, smooth really short gear changes.

#26 ·
Yes, he's got one, but his car is N54 engined 135i, and that's why I like the SSK so much, after I drove his car :lol2:
But his SSK would not fit my N55 135i.

I don't think that I can get the 130i SSK easily, so I will leave it standard. It is much better than it used to be in the pre-facelift cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.