Baby BMW Forum banner

| My e82 120d on Airride - Update |

30K views 219 replies 45 participants last post by  HarveyBuh 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

So i've been on here for a little while now and I haven't properly introduced my car to you all. :rollseyes:

I started off with a VW Polo R Line for my first car which I loved. I had it lowered on coilovers (very low) and was running spacers all round. Soooo yeah.. I'm into the 'stanced' scene. :lol2: But it was too slow for me as it was only a little 1.2 :| So a new car was in order.

I bought my beemer back in January as a belated 18th birthday present to myself (19 now), and since then the modding bug has just hit me.. HARD!! :lol2: (thanks to you lot).

It's a 2013 120d e82 (coupe) Sport Plus Edition in Carbon Black. She's got all the goodies.. except Sat Nav and xenons :redface: which I'm gutted about. Oh.. and it's an auto. BUT, I have flappy paddles :lol2:
I originally wanted a 125i or a 135i but my insurance didn't agree with me! So I thought a 120d was a good starter in the BMW world :D

Since purchasing I've done a few subtle changes.

- BMWP Black kidney grills
- SSDD Carbon diffuser
- Airlift Performance struts & bags with 3P mangement
- Diamond Visions Bulbs (with sidelights)
- LED conversion (throughout the car)

** Thing's left to do **

- Custom exhaust (EMP)
- Remap
- Interior changes (steering wheels, trims)
- BMWP front bumper and side skirts (maybe)
- Xenon retrofit (eventually)

Can't think of anything else yet, but i'm sure you guys will help me out :lol2:

I have some new wheels which I will reveal when when I pick the car up on Saturday :D she's getting some treatment, VERY exciting treatment, which I hope you guys will like :D

Anyway, I'll leave you with some pictures :spotman: :celebrate:

The day I decided "she is the one" :lol2:

This is how she stands at the moment.. but not for long

See less See more
#9 ·
So yeah.. I got my car bagged :D :D The lads down at Plush Automotive done an amazing job, can't praise them enough.

I've also fitted my new wheels!! They're Watercooled SY10's 18x8.5 all round. Third set in the UK and the second set to ever be built for a BMW fitment :cool2:

Specs:
- Airlift struts & bags
- 3P Management (just out)
- 444C Compressor
- 5 Gallon tank
- Built-in control pad wrapped in alcantara
- Half tank on display finished with carpet

More pictures to come..

#11 ·
I might be getting my version of yours to rock around in (although it's an auto :sick: ) wish I had spare funds to get it like that, tad jealous as well ;)

-------------------------
Monacoblau e87 1m

#14 ·
I'll shut up then [emoji38] I might swap keys with you haha

Monacoblau e87 1m

#23 ·
looks awesome mate :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

#26 ·
Wibbles said:
Is it actually driveable? Kinda seems pointless to me but each to their own.
You pump it up to drive, you could try driving that low but probably wouldn't get very far, air ride is also much more comfortable (and better than coilovers imo) than springs and dampers

Monacoblau e87 1m

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.