Baby BMW Forum banner

2010 E82 125i *Pic Heavy*

23K views 75 replies 19 participants last post by  kibriya 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm James

I've been tempted for a 1er for a while now and picked up a 2010 Alpineweiss 125i coupe yesterday after selling my Subaru Impreza last weekend.

I was originally looking at 120d's and 123d's but after seeing and driving the 125i, the heart ruled the head and I walked away with the keys :D

My car history is long and varied considering I've only been driving for 4 years!

I've only a few pics of the 1er so far as it needs a good clean

Excuse the misplaced M badge, since I've only had the car a day or so, its on my list of things to do.

The main reason I went for this car was that it was very well specced. The options list is like an essay! Especially the Professional CIC Sat Nav. Though I'm still getting to grips with the system.

See less See more
#55 ·
Sonic1506 said:
Twenny said:
Hmmmm I also need to do this recall. Did you book a loaner when you booked it in?

Got a mate to give me a lift last time when they did the vanos recall couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too. +1 on the loaner question.
Yeah, I had to book the loaner. Booked the recall back at the end of May, so you'll most likely be waiting a couple of weeks for a loan car to be available. I suspect they'll be able to do it sooner if you don't need the loan car though.

It also looked like it wasn't a full days work. I took mine in for a 10:30am appointment, and the bloke asked when in the day I wanted to pick it up. Went for 5pm since I had a busy day on.

You'll also get a vehicle inspection and a wash and vac for free if you take it in

#56 ·
JayBee89 said:
Yeah, I had to book the loaner. Booked the recall back at the end of May, so you'll most likely be waiting a couple of weeks for a loan car to be available. I suspect they'll be able to do it sooner if you don't need the loan car though.

It also looked like it wasn't a full days work. I took mine in for a 10:30am appointment, and the bloke asked when in the day I wanted to pick it up. Went for 5pm since I had a busy day on.

You'll also get a vehicle inspection and a wash and vac for free if you take it in
Cheers for confirming.

I wouldn't want them cleaning my car so not fussed about that. If they do give me an inspection, I usually get another one after by my trusted garage to make sure they're not trying to make money out of me.

#57 ·
Well that's the ring trip over with for another year!

This is my third year on the trip and it really is worth every penny.

The car performed flawlessly as usual, and was a hoot to take on the ring!

Hard to beat currywurst at Bruunchen!

Safe to say, there were plenty of 1 series friends

After we got back, one of my mates offered to take some proper photos of the 1er. Couldn't say no since I lack both the skill and the camera for decent looking images!

Enjoy!

#59 ·
Been a while since I updated this,

Not much has changed with the car, just putting the miles on! Cleaned it this weekend though as it was looking a bit neglected after the ring trip.

I've been after some sort of induction kit for the car for a while now. Thought I'd give it a go with the lid of the airbox removed to compare the sound. Safe to say, the car is hilariously loud! Too loud for my liking! I wouldn't mind a bit more induction noise but I can't bring myself to cut up the OEM airbox. I'm currently running a resonator delete, so the car does growl!

Next on the cards for the car is the camber pin mod (since I've only been meaning to do it for about 6 months!) and possibly a CDV delete. I'll probably have a play around with the fitment on the front as I'm not 100% happy with how it sits.

I've had the Dare's on now for about 5 months. In that time, I've done circa 5000 miles including a trip to the Ring. So far, I can't fault the wheels at all. I fully expected the lips to be dull and the paint to be bubbling by now! The only slight negative is that the centre caps are beginning to yellow due to the plastic that they are formed from. The wheels will probably be coming off soon anyway in favour of the 261M's for winter, so I may have a play around with the centre caps then.

Thanks for looking! :D

#61 ·
Great thread - really good mods making a superb looking car. Thanks for sharing. :D

#65 ·
I went down to Essex to visit one of my friends last weekend, he's also a BMW enthusiast. He owns a very tidy Technoviolet E36

I also had a go at tidying my exhaust tips up after winter. They had collected a surprising amount of corrosion

On the way back up, the car threw a low oil warning. I pulled over and topped it up as it was sat right on the minimum mark according to the iDrive. Last time the car was serviced, it wasn't filled to the max indicator but I reckon the car has used around 4-500ml in the past 10,000 miles or so. The fact that the N52 doesn't have a physical dipstick still makes me nervous :|

#66 ·
Finally got around to doing a job on the 1 series that I've been meaning to do for ages. The CDV delete

The process is super easy, and I managed it in around half an hour. As others have reported, the clutch feel is improved and no longer guesswork to find the biting point!

#68 ·
aly125i said:
Love the stance of the car. How did you do this camber? Are the standard arms capable of this or is it aftermarket?
Thanks man, I'm really happy with it!

Other than the coilovers, the suspension is totally standard. The rear is running -2 degrees of rear camber but it looks like more because of the offset and width of the rear wheels. The standard 261M's are ET52 8.5J i believe and the Dare's are ET42 9.5J.

#69 ·
Well its been quite a while since I updated this!

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) there is very little to report. The 1er has just crossed the 93k threshold meaning that I've done over 40k miles during my ownership.

In terms of issues, there have been none at all! The car had new tyres all round back end of last season where I opted for Toyo Proxes Sports and a brake fluid change and service. I also replaced the battery.

The only mods since last update were the purchase of a Carly adaptor and the coding of some additional options such as digital speedo etc.

Time for some up to date pictures:

#71 ·
bstardchild said:
Nice work with the wheels - I wouldn't have thought that would work but it has worked very well

Do you find the exhaust resonator delete makes the car drone on dcs and mways?
Thanks for the comments!

I can't say I notice any drone and I drive the car daily. The extra noise is really only noticeable under hard acceleration.

#72 ·
JayBee89 said:
bstardchild said:
Nice work with the wheels - I wouldn't have thought that would work but it has worked very well

Do you find the exhaust resonator delete makes the car drone on dcs and mways?
Thanks for the comments!

I can't say I notice any drone and I drive the car daily. The extra noise is really only noticeable under hard acceleration.
Is that with or without golf tee mod?

#74 ·
Hey, I'm the current owner of your old car! Here's how she's lookin now
Wheel Tire Cloud Car Vehicle

Currently on the same eibach coilovers and almost at 134k miles. Sat on oz superleggera wheels too.

Curious to see if you have any footage of her on the nurburgring or anything you didn't get to sell in terms of parts.

#75 ·
The rears crying out for darklines......................or was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.