Baby BMW Forum banner

My e82 125i

21K views 128 replies 19 participants last post by  BMWBrad 
#1 ·

Finally got back from work so I've got a chance to post up a couple of pics of my new car. I have to say I'm very impressed with the car! Now it's time to make myself bankrupt buying all the mods I want for the car :lol2:

See less See more
#3 ·
Haha sorry I was trying to figure out how to post the pics up, I think it's working now?

#5 ·
Twenny said:
It is yes and oh yes that looks pretty sweet Adam you must be well chuffed mate. Congratulations.2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net
Thanks mate, I love the car! I've got a pretty good idea of all the mods I'm going to be doing to it. Struggling do find a rear diffuser I like though. Did you notice much difference in the performance when you remapped your car Twenny?

#6 ·
I noticed it even though I only actually went from 215 to 245 bhp - other than the darklines it was the best thing I've done to my car, feels much quicker and responsive.

P torque can give you up to 50bhp extra as they just de restrict the N52 130i engine.

2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net

#7 ·
I can show you the graphs but it's a massive increase for a n/a engine.

As for rear diffusers? there's a kerscher one that Isn't quite so aggressive as the Rieger one I and others have. Looks awesome.

#8 ·
I think I will have to book myself an appointment at p torque! It's gonna be a long drive there and back but it sounds like it will be worth it :D thanks twenty I will check that diffuser out!

#9 ·
P torque was a 6 hour round trip to Wolverhampton - err actually it was 3.5 hours there and about 2 back!!!

Here's the kerscher rear splitter -

And also the front splitter - but there's nicer (cheaper ones out there)

#10 ·
I just googled it and it's 5.5hrs from my house to their garage :| still I'm sure it will be worth the trip. I really like that diffuser! I'm going to get the front diffuser from eBay that you had a link for in your cars thread.

#11 ·
Adamski_m said:
I just googled it and it's 5.5hrs from my house to their garage :| still I'm sure it will be worth the trip. I really like that diffuser! I'm going to get the front diffuser from eBay that you had a link for in your cars thread.
Worth every mile trust me.

#12 ·
So i had some spare time today so I gave the car a polish. Came up pretty nicely, I had almost forgot how much I hated polishing cars as my last car was plasti dipped so I had'nt done it in a long time :x

I decided that I was going to debadge the car as personally I think it looks cleaner. So with a very thin cable tie I managed to cut the numbers off in a cheese wire like fashion. Looks pretty good i think :D

Before

After

After that I thought I would give tidying up my exhaust tips a bash as they are in a pretty sorry state. I used a drill with a wire brush to buff away the dirt and corrosion but they didnt really come up how I was hoping they would. Gave them a quick spray of laquer and popped them back on. Still undecided what route i want to go down for the exhaust so they will do for now.

After giving the car a bit of tlc I gave it a good thrash about the country roads and was very impressed with the handling! I was really struggling to break traction to the rear wheels which i was a little dissapointed about, they are dunlop sport runflats on the car. Ive never had dunlops on any of my previous cars but i was pretty surprised by the grip they offered. Hopefully after the remap the car will be a bit easier to persuade the rear to step out :lol2:

Any way thats enough of me rambling on and boring everyone! Hopefully get my new wheels and spoiler next week so there will be more pictures to follow

#15 ·
Car looks great! :)

Do the exhaust tips just pull off or is there anything holding them on?

#16 ·
Mike_RS said:
Car looks great! :)

Do the exhaust tips just pull off or is there anything holding them on?
They were just and interference fit so they came off with a bit of wiggling.

#17 ·
Just another quick update, My new alloys have finally arrived :spotman: still waiting for my tyres to arrive sadly! Heres a wee look at them before I get them fitted to the car

Cant wait to see them on the car!

#19 ·
They are dare river r-3s, quite a cheap brand but hopefully better quality than eBay non branded ones. The finish seems to be to a good standard on them. They are 19" 8.5j et38 all around. Hoping with stretched 225 tyres on the front they won't rub

#21 ·
Haha yeah a bit stanced for my liking but I got them for a good price. Might have to end up rolling the front arches if they are rubbing, I'm hoping they will be ok with the stretched tyres

#23 ·
Well I decided to try one of the alloys on the front of the car without a tyre on it and it looks very wide, it stuck out about 5mm from the front wing when the car was jacked up. I'm hoping that it will just fit inside the arch when it's dropped down and under load, starting to stress now! Should have my tyres tomorrow :redface:

#24 ·
Hmm with the car jacked up and poking I reckon you're gonna get 'more' not less poke mate once dropped on the tires.

Plus you're gonna be very close to your springs and dampers strut etc - this is my VMR 8.5J ET45

#25 ·
Yeesh that's close! Yeah I might have made a very expensive mistake. Anyone got a rough idea of how much rolling the front arches would cost?

#26 ·
Produce this @ Overdench.com would do you a good price for being a forum member but if you hit the strut then spacers on top and then rolling involved - these could be expensive wheels my friend lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.