123d M Sport Le Mans Blue - Celtic Remap

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster

Bmw123d
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: 123d M Sport Le Mans Blue

Post by Bmw123d » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Lovely looking car car minter, looks very tidy. It probably is the wheel bearing making the noise . I had a rear one go on mine , even tho it still spun freely. Replaced bearing and noise has gone.

Paul
E82 coupe 123d m sport 2008 08

Mjh7290
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Mjh7290 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:10 pm

Very nice mate
2011 Bmw 116d E87

Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Octavius » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Please don't mix tyres. They are not a bad price so do all four the same.

Car looks great. The E series has its charms over the F.
MY SIGNATURE STOPPED WORKING AFTER AN UPDATE.

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:20 pm

jgalea324
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jgalea324 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:49 am

What BlackBmw120d is telling you is that you should not simply replace the fronts only, but should ensure that all 4 tyres are the same make and model. Not doing so will unbalance your car's handling - been there done that
2010 E87 123d Msport - BMWP Body Kit, Front E9x M3 LCAs, Powerflex rear inserts, E81 chassis brace, Brembo brakes, 280 bhp/480nm torque (BMWP IC/DPF Delete) - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70528

Octavius

Re: 123d M Sport Le Mans Blue - Bluetooth Added

Post by Octavius » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:50 pm

I like the keyring

*123D*
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: 123d M Sport Le Mans Blue - P/Plate on or off?

Post by *123D* » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:42 pm

Very nice car mate, can't commit about the plate but can say that's a lot of bird poo :shock:
123D is a diesel with two turbos :lol:

TALBOTL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: 123d M Sport Le Mans Blue - New Tyres

Post by TALBOTL » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:38 am

Minter wrote:New Front Tyres

I've had the car since 5th August 2016 and whilst the rear tyres were absolutely brand new, the fronts have scrub on the outside from where the camber/alignment needs setting up. I've been monitoring it over the last 4 months and to be fair, I have managed to squeeze nearly 5000 miles out of them.

As I have family far and wide it means 500 miles was on the horizon for Christmas traveling, so on Christmas Eve I took a trip to Kwikfit who fitted a new pair of Dunlop SP SportMaxx RT2s, in 225/40/18 flavour. They tried to argue with me on several occasions that my choice was, a) too wide, and b)Not a Run Flat. Thanks, now fit my tyres.

I've chosen to step up from 215 section to 225 section on the basis of copying Dino with his 135i. I almost followed him with Michelin PS4s but the Dunlops have recently done well in a test conducted by EVO Magazine, plus they're quite a bit cheaper.

A tad dirty, but hey it's winter...

Off with the old noisy Bridgestones, still not sure if they're actually illegal in this state as the rest of the tyre had good depth...

New Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2s fitted..

I'm a little miffed at how PHAT the profile of the tyre looks on the rim, the Bridgestones' definitely look better IMO but I can live with it...

Since having them fitted on the 24th Dec I've covered over 500 miles so I can easily say they're bedded in now.

Thoughts and opinions so far? The ride quality is noticeably better, it seems to soak up the road more. I put this down to the fatter profile, after all it's now 40% of a 225 tyre, as opposed to 40% of a 215 width tyre. On a negative note, turn-in is not as sweet as before, with the steering being noticeably stiffer the front end seems less eager to follow my steering inputs. I guess that's the trade-off from a better ride quality.
There is still a ROAR, but I've got to remember I am still running noisy Bridgestone RFTs on the rear at the moment - they're still almost like new tread wise, which frankly is amazing seeing how much I wheel spin out of junctions on a daily basis due to the weather conditions the last few months!

I am planning to replace the rears ready for summer. I'm looking for more grip as it does tend to slide about quite a bit - I put this down to it being hard rubber. So will I be fitting Dunlops on the rear? Most probably not.
I think I'll be going for a Fedral RS-R in 255/35 flavour, being Track-Focused (yet road legal) tyre it should harness the grip I'm after for powering out of bends early when boost comes on song.

I know some people blab on about running mixed tyres front and rear, but I'm after the chassis balance that suits me.

Just got to take it for alignment now so the fronts don't scrub on the outside again. Should notice an advantage in handling and grip too.

And that about wraps it up for 2016!
As advised earlier in the thread you really shouldn't mix non rft and tyres, appreciate what you're saying about the the rears having plenty left as I was in the same position only the other way around but if you're changing to non rft you simply must do all four. It really can and will compromise both the handling and grip not something you want to be doing especially at this time of year, get the others changed to match ASAP
2010 Space Grey '123d' - gone but not forgotten
2010 Audi TT TFSI - Sorry

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:19 am

You can also look up the camber pin mod in the 'how to' section of our forum which should give you some negative camber which would alleviate some outer tyre wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:27 am

M3 lower control arms :?:

davidv111

Post by davidv111 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:46 am

TALBOTL wrote:
Minter wrote:New Front Tyres

I've had the car since 5th August 2016 and whilst the rear tyres were absolutely brand new, the fronts have scrub on the outside from where the camber/alignment needs setting up. I've been monitoring it over the last 4 months and to be fair, I have managed to squeeze nearly 5000 miles out of them.

As I have family far and wide it means 500 miles was on the horizon for Christmas traveling, so on Christmas Eve I took a trip to Kwikfit who fitted a new pair of Dunlop SP SportMaxx RT2s, in 225/40/18 flavour. They tried to argue with me on several occasions that my choice was, a) too wide, and b)Not a Run Flat. Thanks, now fit my tyres.

I've chosen to step up from 215 section to 225 section on the basis of copying Dino with his 135i. I almost followed him with Michelin PS4s but the Dunlops have recently done well in a test conducted by EVO Magazine, plus they're quite a bit cheaper.

A tad dirty, but hey it's winter...

Off with the old noisy Bridgestones, still not sure if they're actually illegal in this state as the rest of the tyre had good depth...

New Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2s fitted..

I'm a little miffed at how PHAT the profile of the tyre looks on the rim, the Bridgestones' definitely look better IMO but I can live with it...

Since having them fitted on the 24th Dec I've covered over 500 miles so I can easily say they're bedded in now.

Thoughts and opinions so far? The ride quality is noticeably better, it seems to soak up the road more. I put this down to the fatter profile, after all it's now 40% of a 225 tyre, as opposed to 40% of a 215 width tyre. On a negative note, turn-in is not as sweet as before, with the steering being noticeably stiffer the front end seems less eager to follow my steering inputs. I guess that's the trade-off from a better ride quality.
There is still a ROAR, but I've got to remember I am still running noisy Bridgestone RFTs on the rear at the moment - they're still almost like new tread wise, which frankly is amazing seeing how much I wheel spin out of junctions on a daily basis due to the weather conditions the last few months!

I am planning to replace the rears ready for summer. I'm looking for more grip as it does tend to slide about quite a bit - I put this down to it being hard rubber. So will I be fitting Dunlops on the rear? Most probably not.
I think I'll be going for a Fedral RS-R in 255/35 flavour, being Track-Focused (yet road legal) tyre it should harness the grip I'm after for powering out of bends early when boost comes on song.

I know some people blab on about running mixed tyres front and rear, but I'm after the chassis balance that suits me.

Just got to take it for alignment now so the fronts don't scrub on the outside again. Should notice an advantage in handling and grip too.

And that about wraps it up for 2016!
As advised earlier in the thread you really shouldn't mix non rft and tyres, appreciate what you're saying about the the rears having plenty left as I was in the same position only the other way around but if you're changing to non rft you simply must do all four. It really can and will compromise both the handling and grip not something you want to be doing especially at this time of year, get the others changed to match ASAP
Oh and please don't crash, as if the insurance company look into it and find non rfl on one axle and rfl on the other they might have a few questions and possibly invalidate the policy. It really is not a good idea to mix them, there have been a few horror stories of when mixing goes wrong on here over the years
Now: Snapper Rocks Blue 440i Auto; Dynamic & M Sport + packs, digital dash & more

Previous:
Estoril LCI M135i Manual
Thunder grey 2013 MINI JCW GP
Slate grey Porsche Cayman 2.7
Sapphire black E82 120d M Sport

Return to “Members Cars”