Baby BMW Forum banner

Ash's Estoril M140i - Manaul

10K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  Ashley1995 
#1 ·
Hello!

I have been on here a little bit now and posted about my order in another thread but thought it was time to start my own.
I've owned BMWs before, an E46 325ci, I still own and am restoring an 1989 E30 325i and had a F20 LCI 120d which i have now traded in for the 140!

So the 140i:

Ordered on 8th August, expected week 40, so the 3rd October onwards :celebrate:

3dr, Manual
Estoril Blue
Black Dakota Leather
Pro Nav
Heated Seats
Adaptive LEDs
Comfort Access
Electric Mirrors with Auto Dim

Cannot wait for its arrival! and reading posts from all you guys about collecting yours isn't helping! I am hoping to get the performance exhaust at some point too and black kidney girls of course

See less See more
#28 ·
Hey ash,

Car is looking ace mate.....

I'm almost gonna pull the trigger on the m style mirror caps on my mineral grey m240i, but don't know whether to go for mineral fry or gloss black.

Quick question about wing mirror caps, it's hard to see from the pics but does the gloss black match the gloss black that's below the side mirror indicator light??

How did you remove the originals? Was it via remove the mirror or did you just simply pull the old ones off?? Did you break the clips at all?

#30 ·
chappie172 said:
Hey ash,

I'm almost gonna pull the trigger on the m style mirror caps on my mineral grey m240i, but don't know whether to go for mineral fry or gloss black.

Quick question about wing mirror caps, it's hard to see from the pics but does the gloss black match the gloss black that's below the side mirror indicator light??

How did you remove the originals? Was it via remove the mirror or did you just simply pull the old ones off?? Did you break the clips at all?
Carbon fibre looks spot on too ;)
It really depends if you have a theme going with your car. If you have the MP grills then gloss black would set it off nicely, but I think you'd also want a rear diffuser and rear spoiler in gloss black too. MG wouldn't be an issue obviously, and would blend in with the car's paint colour.

I dislodged my mirrors carefully and unclipped the the caps. I am not normally too DIY minded but have managed to put the grills and mirror caps on myself. :thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#31 ·
chappie172 said:
Hey ash,

Thanks very much. :)
The black is an ever so slightly different shade... but unless looking up close you don't really notice.

To swap, you pop the mirror out with quite a lot of force. Then you can get to the 3 clips behind holding the cap in place. I didn't break any clips,

#32 ·
roshambo said:
chappie172 said:
Hey ash,

Carbon fibre looks spot on too ;)
It really depends if you have a theme going with your car. If you have the MP grills then gloss black would set it off nicely, but I think you'd also want a rear diffuser and rear spoiler in gloss black too. MG wouldn't be an issue obviously, and would blend in with the car's paint colour.

I dislodged my mirrors carefully and unclipped the the caps. I am not normally too DIY minded but have managed to put the grills and mirror caps on myself. :thumbs:

You're right, I'm going for the gloss black and blue theme, all matches the grills and mirrors and hoping to get a splitter at some point too

#40 ·
Ashley1995 said:
ROO said:
Glad you went for the manual box?
100% Been blasting around North Wales this weekend, and the manual has been perfect for the job

Sounds like bloody good fun [emoji41][emoji41]glad the manual is a dream as that's my option

#41 ·
Not really updated this for a while..

Since i have now wrapped the grill surrounds in gloss black and fitted 15mm spacers all round.
Hoping to fit some springs soon to and get a splitter. M Performance Exhaust is on with a non-resonated mid section.

She's been on track, Brands Hatch, recently and performed very well! Then had two new rear tyres but I am now due a service.. quoted about £320 which seems a lot... so need to get this booked in.

#43 ·
Hi
I see you have an mp exhaust with mid section. Which mid section did you go for and how much was it? Any vids?

#44 ·
RegisRR said:
Hi
I see you have an mp exhaust with mid section. Which mid section did you go for and how much was it? Any vids?
It's a custom made section from an exhaust place. Paid about £150

I have a couple of vids, I'll upload one shortly

#45 ·
Ashley1995 said:
Cheers guys. Pulls like a train, goes like absolute stink! And that's not even to the redline yet.

Done 130miles, and half a tank of fuel....oops!
I have changed the grills over to the Gloss Black M Performance style ones.. makes a big difference.

Ash don't suppose you have the link for that grille do you? Looks superb!

#46 ·
New springs are here, being fitted on Tuesday next week to go with the spacers i put on already.
Also got a Maxton front splitter to get on too

#47 ·
Not posted on here for a long time but the car is doing great. Its been on a road trip recently through France, Belgium, The Neverlands and Germany. It's been around the Nurburgring GP and Nordschleife circuits.
Then I went up to Scotland and took it around Knockhill too while doing some filming with a 991.2 GT3.

It's now got the following mods:
Gloss black M Grills, M Mirrors, front trim
Motech Eibach 20/25mm springs
20mm rear spacers and 15mm front
Maxton front splitter
MPE and non res mid pipe exhaust
JB+ tuning box
Royal Steering Wheels trimmed wheel - Alcantara and M stitching

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.