#1 ·
#2 ·
Congratulations, sounds you like your new chariot! :celebrate: :wink:

Now you only need a new signature pic and your life will be complete. :wink:

#6 ·
#7 ·
sonnyx said:
Nice car and good choice of colour.
Have you any mods planned to make it individual?
No immediate plans mate, certainly be getting xmas out the way with then having a further think . May get rid of the chrome grills for black, replace mirror caps for black or carbon and maybe one day the M.P.Exhaust but nothing just yet ! Just enjoying what I've got for now! :D

#8 ·
chris_135i said:
Nice - I love the name :)
:lol2: cheers , Think I scared the Mrs on the 1st passenger ride, Thats where the name came from !

#9 ·
Semerka said:
Congratulations, sounds you like your new chariot! :celebrate: :wink:

Now you only need a new signature pic and your life will be complete. :wink:
Absolutely loving it. Not had time to take any decent pics, but will sort all that out asap !!

aldridge andy said:
One word... Jealous :)
Cheers buddy !

#11 ·
Good move from a 120d - the fun begins and I don't doubt you'll be having mega fun in the future with it.

Congratulations :band: :spotman:

I'm hoping mine will be with me by the end of the year. I also know what you mean about the exhaust noise. My present M135i's exhaust has just begun rewarding me with some lovely crackles and pops, especially on downshifting through third and second.

Enjoy :)

#13 ·
Peter.V said:
Like the M colours in your sig, haha
Shush !!! Don't draw too much attention to it.
I might change it back .... there are people on here that get very touchy when one exploits the "M" colours without owning a proper M car :lol2: :lol2:

Pretty sure there is a whole thread on how it is not the done thing ! PHAHAHA!

#16 ·
Actually not great as it goes ....

Had the car since the end of November as you know, and it's been back to Fairfield twice.
1st issue was very minor granted ... driving on the A13, at a genuine respectable speed and the BMW bonnet badge flew off, and easy fix I know but still.... the 2nd issue has somewhat pissed me off though...

The fans were kicking in a lot at slow speed, even when the car was supposed to be cold, so took it in and Fairfield found a small hole in the lower radiator causing a coolant leak. Was surprised the car hadn't alerted me with the apparent status checking.
The bigger surprise was the bill from Fairfield when the told me it was not going to be covered by warrant due to being damage :censored2:

Soo best part of a £1000 later ... and nearly a week of them having the car I got it back .
Fairfield did help a tiny bit with the cost .... but not enough.
So not been completely happy trucking .... now I'm scared to drive the car encase it happens again.

Prior to that though, :headbanger: :drive: loved it !! What a machine! The power, the grip, the noise !!

#18 ·
Ouch! That is bad luck :(

Glad to hear that you're loving it otherwise :)

Yes, change the bloody pic :wink:

We were scared of this happening to the Cayman, as the GTS has completely open rads :eek2:
Zunsport grills fitted now, but I guess it could still happen!

#20 ·
Colenso said:
ive never named one of my cars but im loving this name for one! stunning in white aswell
Haha, cheers . I never have before ... just suited

& Thanks, ... I know it's a free Colour but I think it looked best in white anyway... hence my choice!... although the estoril blue was a close second choice!

#21 ·
Red5 said:
Ouch! That is bad luck :(

Glad to hear that you're loving it otherwise :)

Yes, change the bloody pic :wink:

We were scared of this happening to the Cayman, as the GTS has completely open rads :eek2:
Zunsport grills fitted now, but I guess it could still happen!
I'm not sure whether to try and email BMW Customer services and see if they are willing to help out at all. Got a feeling I'd be wasting my time ... you or anyone else had any experiences re this sort of thing ?!?

But yeah, other than that , it's absolutely epic to drive ... and blisteringly fast compared to my previous cars !!

#22 ·
Definitely contact customer services
Fxx 5 Series/Fxx 6 Series suffer with this problem due to poor design/weak manufacturing.
BMW then announced a quality enhancement to replace the A/C Condensor to a remanufactuered part.

#23 ·
BMWBrad said:
Fxx 5 Series/Fxx 6 Series suffer with this problem due to poor design/weak manufacturing.
BMW then announced a quality enhancement to replace the A/C Condensor to a remanufactuered part.
Ok , will give it a try ... the dealer called them already on my behalf before I agreed to have the work done to see if they would help at all, BMW said no to the dealer.

Just wondered if by me going direct would make any difference...
worth a try I suppose :banghead:

#24 ·
Si Bailey said:
BMWBrad said:
Ok , will give it a try ... the dealer called them already on my behalf before I agreed to have the work done to see if they would help at all, BMW said no to the dealer.

Just wondered if by me going direct would make any difference...
worth a try I suppose :banghead:
There is no A/C condensor fitted to M140i's (heat exchanger now fitted) that unit is the coolant radiator and looks like stone damage to me and doubt very much that would be covered by any warranty

#25 ·
Oh yeah, it's definitely the coolant rad for sure, was just wondering if they would be willing to help in any way, mainly more as I had my previous E87 120d for 7 years, 132,000 miles with no issues along those lines, but this one has less than 5K on the clock and has already been back to them twice.
Just frustrated as I've never owned a car from new before , and I expected it to be all plain sailing ...
I see their point though... it's not a manufacturing defect, just been unlucky I guess! :rollseyes: :rollseyes:

#26 ·
Finally got round to changing me signature picture ! :lol2:

And re the damage to the radiator... BMW customer service refused to budge and would not give me a penny off , however Fairfield grave me a grand total of £40 off the final Bill... Geee Thanks, ... Sooo Kind ! :rollseyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.