Baby BMW Forum banner

My 2010 N54 135i

19K views 139 replies 16 participants last post by  AndyBish1M 
#1 ·
So, I've been on here quite a while now (over a year) and thought it was about time I created a thread for my 1er...

I previously owned an E46 320CD Msport which was my daily drive:

I was promoted in work and became entitled to a company car so I sold the E46 in June 2015 to a guy called John from the Midlands.
I had always liked the look of the E82 and wanted a 1M but that was never going to happen ( :lol2: ) so I began the (long) search for my ideal 135i...

I knew that I wanted one in Black with heated leather, Xenons, CIC iDrive and it had to be low mileage. Not much to ask, or so I thought!

After 4 months of searching I had almost given up and was test-driving E9* M3's (but still couldn't find one with the right spec) when an ad appeared on Pistonheads for a low mileage (27k) 2010 N54 in BSM with leather, Xenons etc etc.
I couldn't believe it and quickly called the guy (Mike) up and arranged to view it.
Viewed it, test drove it, checked it out and placed a deposit - sorted!

Picked it up from Mike in Barry (S. Wales) and brought it home on 1/11/15:

Mike had told me that he bought it in May 2015 but that he had since bought a Lotus Sunbeam to restore and couldn't keep both so the BMW had to go...

The car had a BMWP Gearknob and Steering Wheel fitted which was a nice bonus as allowed Oil and Coolant temps to be read at a glance:

Now, I'll have to try to remember in what order I did things, but first mods (I think) were to replace the Angel Eyes and interior lights with LEDS:

Next mod was to replace the standard Msport boot spoiler with an SSDD CF item.
This was supposed to be a simple mod but when I removed the old spoiler I found that some fookwit had previously tried to prise it off with a screwdriver and had dug great chunks out of the paintwork that was hidden under the adhesive foam tape!
One boot respray later and all was well...!

Next mod, smoked side repeaters:

Now, when I bought the car from Mike he explained that it had a Y-pipe and resonator delete already done but I wanted to hear more of the wonderful straight 6 howl...

This is what is sounded like with the resonator delete:

Not bad but...

Took the car off to Infinity Exhausts to have some custom mid-pipes made up:

This is not the first job they've done for the family and certainly won't be the last - simply beautiful :D

Don't sound bad either! :wink:

Custom mids cold start
Custom mids hot start plus revs to 5k

Yes, yes, it needed rear Darklines...

et voila!

(picked these up from forum member Bux who is only 30mins away from me) :D

It was about the same time as the Darklines were fitted that we reached a milestone together...

The eagle-eyed among you will have noticed that the 313's weren't exactly looking their best...!
It seems that a previous owner (probably the same fookwit that's handy with a screwdriver!) had DIY-painted them with what appeared to be Silver Hammerite! :screwy: :bawl:

At this point I've got to pass on a huge thanks to Twenny as we exchanged more than a few pm's regarding fitment before I pulled the trigger and ordered them - You Sir are a Legend :D

I knew they might be tight with 225/255 rubber, and they were!

I now had the car looking as I wanted and was quite happy to leave things there...

That was until Stubbsy went and made us all drool with his custom cf front splitter and rear diffuser!
I couldn't resist and so the wallet got a lot lighter this time... :rollseyes:

So that's where I'm at as of now - January 2017.

No more mods planned for the moment, (although the SSDD spoiler is getting on my tits as the last 2 inches keep lifting about 2mm at the drivers side so I will probably end up replacing it with a BMWP item soon)...
...and then there's the BMWP exhaust I've got my eye on...

Come and say hi if you're at the 'Pod this year and i'll show you around the old girl :D

See less See more
#128 ·
Been a bit quiet recently after my bike accident but got back on it today to start prepping for Pod show... :wink:
First paint detail of the year completed today... :cool2:

Need to switch out the 313's and get the splitter back on tomorrow :)

#133 ·
So I decided to give the old girl a bit of tlc ready for the Santa Pod show this year.
Bumper off and sent of the the body shop for respray together with the last set of OEM BMWP side sills...

Whilst that was being done I decided to have a go at the exhaust tips as I'm not a fan of the 'Black Chrome' finish. After quite a few hours with various grades of wet & dry and good old Autosol I had finally got rid of the black finish but retained the chrome (albeit a little pitted)...

I got the bumper and skirts back from the body shop and my brother came round to give me a hand fitting them...

It was then just swapping over the wheels and detailing the hell out of her ready for the show weekend...

We had a cracking weekend at Pod again this year and here's a couple of shots of one of my favourite angles on the E82...

Cheers :wink:
Bish

#136 ·
#140 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.