Baby BMW Forum banner

Todd's Estoril Blue BMW F21 M135i

8K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  Todd 
#1 ·
Took a trip to England on Saturday and brought this home as a replacement for the 335D.

Spec:
- BMW F21 M135i
- Estoril Blue II

Interior:
- Black Dakota leather
- Variable M Sport steering wheel w/ Gears
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
- Extended interior lighting
- Bluetooth
- DAB Digital radio
- BMW Professional radio with single CD
- Armrest, with sliding adjustment
- Estriol Blue interior trim finisher
- Aluminium hexagon interior trim
- Sports seats
- Anthracite headlining
- Sport automatic transmission
- Instrument panel letter
- Head restraints, rear and folding

Exterior:
- M Sport braking system
- 18" M Double Spoke Style 436M light alloy wheel
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres
- M Aerodynamic body styling
- High Gloss Shadowline exterior trim
- Black exhaust tips

Other:
- Adaptive headlights
- Xenon headlights
- Rain sensor, with auto headlight activation
- High beam assist
- First aid kit & triangle

I have no major plans, apart from transferring my registration and changing the chrome kidney grills to gloss black. Hopefully these will arrive tomorrow.

Removed the wheels for a good clean on Sunday morning. While off, I freshened up the discs and calipers.

See less See more
#10 ·
mctga said:
Nice looking car, congrats. Couldn't help but notice though, do those wheel bolts really take a 5mm Allen key?! How the hell do you get the required 140Nm torque through them?!
they are plastic caps, the wheelbolt is underneath.

Congrats on the car Todd, nice work on the detailing too!
I decided the other day when I'm rich (fat chance!) I want a detailing bay!

#16 ·
J400uk said:
Looks smart, nice choice. What mileage has it done? Also where's home for you? I took mine down from Aberdeen to Hertfordshire on Saturday!
Just over 49k. Home is about 20 minutes outside of Belfast. So I drove from Manchester to Cairnryan to get the boat across. Are you pleased with yours?

#19 ·
RickN55 said:
Very smart looks mint :) I have a 2013 too.. How did you find it against the 335d? Much difference between the two?
Thanks Rick, have you had yours long? The M135i is definitely a lot nicer to drive. Both are doing around the same MPG and power wise would be very similar. Not sure which would be quicker as the delivery power is completely different.

#21 ·
shaun_1990 said:
can I ask what you did to freshen up the discs? the centre of my disc seems to be getting almost pitted with either dirt/rust. was contemplating taking a wire brush and then a coat of silver hammerite to give it the new look again :L
That's the method I used to freshen them up. Gave the calipers a clean with wheel cleaner. Covered them (Most use masking tape and paper. I find tin foil to be the easiest method. Then paint the centre of the disc and heat shield. It doesn't matter if you get paint onto the disc and the pads will clean it into a perfect circle when you drive. Just ensure they are completely dry before you do so.

#24 ·
Todd said:
shaun_1990 said:
can I ask what you did to freshen up the discs? the centre of my disc seems to be getting almost pitted with either dirt/rust. was contemplating taking a wire brush and then a coat of silver hammerite to give it the new look again :L
That's the method I used to freshen them up. Gave the calipers a clean with wheel cleaner. Covered them (Most use masking tape and paper. I find tin foil to be the easiest method. Then paint the centre of the disc and heat shield. It doesn't matter if you get paint onto the disc and the pads will clean it into a perfect circle when you drive. Just ensure they are completely dry before you do so.
cheers very much, looks like ill be getting some hammerite and waiting for a warm day!

#26 ·
Purchased a set of 12mm & 15mm Bimecc Wheel Spacers. Big thanks to Chris at CM Wheels who went out of his way to sort me out late on a Saturday evening. Great service and price!

Fitted on Sunday morning. While the wheels were off, I took the opportunity to give the rear of the wheels a quick clean. I'll take better photos when the cars clean.

Now I just need a set of H&R Springs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.