My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Dmac1888
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by Dmac1888 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:21 pm

I fell into the same trap mate! Have a read through my 118d transformation if your after some
Mod ideas.

Oh and welcome!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Jake'sBMW
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:31 am

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by Jake'sBMW » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:25 pm

Dmac1888 wrote:I fell into the same trap mate! Have a read through my 118d transformation if your after some
Mod ideas.

Oh and welcome!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I don't want to go OTT on mods, £1000 at most on modifications...I will take a look, cheers pal!

Thanks!
2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black
Oyster leather / Heated Sports Seats / 18" 313's / BMWP Grills / Front+Rear PDC / Privacy Glass / Pro HU / Auto Lights+Wipers / Auto Dim Mirror / Extended Storage+Interior Light Pack

Dmac1888
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by Dmac1888 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:32 pm

Jake'sBMW wrote:
Dmac1888 wrote:I fell into the same trap mate! Have a read through my 118d transformation if your after some
Mod ideas.

Oh and welcome!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I don't want to go OTT on mods, £1000 at most on modifications...I will take a look, cheers pal!

Thanks!
Id defo look into the Reiger rear diffuser (£200ish), twin tail pipe (£60 fitted) rear darkline tail lights (£220ish) an eBay rear spoiler (£70) eibach pro lowering springs (£140).

Leaves abit in the pot left over for handling/performance upgrades (remap, top range tyres, M3 LCA's and of course the essential gearbox/diff/engine oil change.

I recommend having a look at Twennys 125i for inspiration, stunning example of a stealth black e82.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MichalS
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:07 am

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by MichalS » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Jake'sBMW wrote:I ordered a set of smoked LED side repeaters from eBay which I have just installed...


New smoked LED look...


I much prefer the smoked repeaters, I think they should be standard on black beemers.
Can you post link to those smoked repetaers you got? Out of curiosity what are those alloys # on your 118d? I'm looking for second set of alloys...
E82 '08 120D, Black Sapphire
Retrofitted: Prof. HU, MULF2 + USB + Bluetooth, PDC Front and Back, Logic 7, Xenon front, black lines back.
To Go: Electric Heated seats, 335D engine + exhaust + gearbox + diff, sport brakes and suspension.

User avatar
Jake'sBMW
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:31 am

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by Jake'sBMW » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Id defo look into the Reiger rear diffuser (£200ish), twin tail pipe (£60 fitted) rear darkline tail lights (£220ish) an eBay rear spoiler (£70) eibach pro lowering springs (£140).

Leaves abit in the pot left over for handling/performance upgrades (remap, top range tyres, M3 LCA's and of course the essential gearbox/diff/engine oil change.

I recommend having a look at Twennys 125i for inspiration, stunning example of a stealth black e82.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not sure on the Reiger one...I was looking at both of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-Fiber- ... Sw2ENW79ze OR http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-1-series- ... SwXeJYLdwh Just not keen on getting a "carbon look" diffuser.

I might just get a tip put on as i have the car on PCP and won't be looking to buy it at the end, will end up upgrading to something else in 3 years time.

My car is the sports plus edition so it came with darklines, YAY!

I am looking at this rear spoiler...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-Fiber- ... SwtfhYnfGE

Where do you recommend getting the lowering springs from? And eibach pro over H+R?

Remap...hmmm...what about at the end of my PCP when they ask for it to come back like it was when i got it. (this is why I have stuck to mods i can easily remove when i go to trade it in.

M3 LCA's?

Yeah I've seen his, its lush!
2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black
Oyster leather / Heated Sports Seats / 18" 313's / BMWP Grills / Front+Rear PDC / Privacy Glass / Pro HU / Auto Lights+Wipers / Auto Dim Mirror / Extended Storage+Interior Light Pack

User avatar
Jake'sBMW
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:31 am

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by Jake'sBMW » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Can you post link to those smoked repetaers you got? Out of curiosity what are those alloys # on your 118d? I'm looking for second set of alloys...

Here are my repeaters: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E81-E87-E ... SwHsRYDOL8

They are 18" BMW 313 alloys, came standard on the Sports Plus Edition of the E82. Try and find a set that are diamond cut surface like mine instead of a refurbed aluminium set. The diamond cut alloys are the dogs bollocks.
2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black
Oyster leather / Heated Sports Seats / 18" 313's / BMWP Grills / Front+Rear PDC / Privacy Glass / Pro HU / Auto Lights+Wipers / Auto Dim Mirror / Extended Storage+Interior Light Pack

Dmac1888
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by Dmac1888 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:51 pm

MichalS wrote:
Jake'sBMW wrote:I ordered a set of smoked LED side repeaters from eBay which I have just installed...


New smoked LED look...


I much prefer the smoked repeaters, I think they should be standard on black beemers.
Can you post link to those smoked repetaers you got? Out of curiosity what are those alloys # on your 118d? I'm looking for second set of alloys...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302156847813

Is where I got mine, no problem whatsoever.

RE Alloys: I actually picked up a second hand set last week for £280. Refurbed and powder coated ferric grey.

With decent tyres they usually go for £600ish on eBay.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmac1888
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by Dmac1888 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:58 pm

@Jake around half the price I paid for a gloss black spoiler, but then again £80 cheaper than getting an OEM BMW performance proper carbon fibre spoiler, your choice depending on how much of your budget you want to spend but it's definitely one of my favourite mods.

The Rieger one looks awesome paired with a twin tip exhaust and darklines but then again I'm biased lol!

Eibach pro (NOT SPORTLINE) closed the arch gap perfectly for me, but then again I had previously 17" alloys with standard SE suspension. Much improved ride and importantly no tyre rubbing.

M3 lower control arms. A mod iv not done yet myself but many on here recommend. A quick reach will show up plenty results mate.

Are you interseted in a front splitter?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Jake'sBMW
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:31 am

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by Jake'sBMW » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:03 pm

Dmac1888 wrote:@Jake around half the price I paid for a gloss black spoiler, but then again £80 cheaper than getting an OEM BMW performance proper carbon fibre spoiler, your choice depending on how much of your budget you want to spend but it's definitely one of my favourite mods.

The Rieger one looks awesome paired with a twin tip exhaust and darklines but then again I'm biased lol!

Eibach pro (NOT SPORTLINE) closed the arch gap perfectly for me, but then again I had previously 17" alloys with standard SE suspension. Much improved ride and importantly no tyre rubbing.

M3 lower control arms. A mod iv not done yet myself but many on here recommend. A quick reach will show up plenty results mate.

Are you interseted in a front splitter?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might end up going for a genuine BMWP boot spoiler from Cotswold BMW.

Is yours gloss black? Not sure if the Rieger carbon one is very dark, looks light carbon in the pics on eBay.

OK, sounds good! Where did you get them from? I will also have a look at the M3 LCA.

Yes a carbon one.
2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black
Oyster leather / Heated Sports Seats / 18" 313's / BMWP Grills / Front+Rear PDC / Privacy Glass / Pro HU / Auto Lights+Wipers / Auto Dim Mirror / Extended Storage+Interior Light Pack

Dmac1888
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by Dmac1888 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:07 pm

Mine is gloss black but I think the Matt black compliments a stealth e82 very well! Oh I nearly forgot while your ordering from Cotswold, the BMWP side skirts make a massive difference!!

I'm sure the carbon doenst match too well between the BMWP spoiler and reiger diffuser, well if your OCD is as bad as mine haha.

Here's a link to the Eibach Pros, delivered within 4 days. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151463385128




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Jake'sBMW
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:31 am

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by Jake'sBMW » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:23 am

Dmac1888 wrote:Mine is gloss black but I think the Matt black compliments a stealth e82 very well! Oh I nearly forgot while your ordering from Cotswold, the BMWP side skirts make a massive difference!!

I'm sure the carbon doenst match too well between the BMWP spoiler and reiger diffuser, well if your OCD is as bad as mine haha.

Here's a link to the Eibach Pros, delivered within 4 days. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151463385128




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ideally I want to go for a carbon diffuser to go with the BMWP Spoiler, might just go for the other one that was on eBay. Hmm, any idea on pricing?

Cheers for the link!
2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black
Oyster leather / Heated Sports Seats / 18" 313's / BMWP Grills / Front+Rear PDC / Privacy Glass / Pro HU / Auto Lights+Wipers / Auto Dim Mirror / Extended Storage+Interior Light Pack

User avatar
Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 9334
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: South East Kent

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by Twenny » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:04 am

roundasapound wrote:Without wishing to seem like a spoil sport have you checked with your insurance company the impact all these mods will have on your premium?

At 19 the premium is already extortionate. Last thing you want is to be told the premium is either unaffordable or they'll cancel your insurance with the mods.
Very very good point Rounders.

And your rear lights Jake are not darklines they are the Celis low lines as the rear LED doesn't light up like this -
Image

And your reg plate says //M power not //M sport so that's lame af - get it gone or coloured in at least man lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

User avatar
Jake'sBMW
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:31 am

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by Jake'sBMW » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:16 pm

Here are 2 late evening shots of my car that were taken on the 10/03/17...

Image
Image
2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black
Oyster leather / Heated Sports Seats / 18" 313's / BMWP Grills / Front+Rear PDC / Privacy Glass / Pro HU / Auto Lights+Wipers / Auto Dim Mirror / Extended Storage+Interior Light Pack

User avatar
GeoffCollins
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:02 am
Location: Amersham / Watford

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by GeoffCollins » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:25 pm

Looks sweet man :D
M135i (2014 Manual)
Nissan Skyline R33 GTST (1995) - Now sold :(

User avatar
Jake'sBMW
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:31 am

Re: My 2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black

Post by Jake'sBMW » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:45 pm

GeoffCollins wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:25 pm
Looks sweet man :D
Thank you!!
2013 118d E82 Coupe M Sport Plus Edition - Metallic Carbon Black
Oyster leather / Heated Sports Seats / 18" 313's / BMWP Grills / Front+Rear PDC / Privacy Glass / Pro HU / Auto Lights+Wipers / Auto Dim Mirror / Extended Storage+Interior Light Pack

Post Reply

Return to “Members Cars”