Baby BMW Forum banner

Biggie's e81 120d

6K views 39 replies 7 participants last post by  Ian w 
#1 ·
Hello guys and girls,
My names Sam from Wiltshire literally 1 mile away from stonehenge. Well at the beginning of the year I started my new job at micheldever tyres which is the head office of pro tyre, tyre land and places like that [emoji4] the only downside is it's a 70 mile round trip and driving a polo 6n2 wasn't the best idea as it was on its last legs so, it comes to the 1 series. I've had my 120d since February this year and I've got to say I love it! After owners a numerous of cars from a ridiculously low e46 on ac type2 splits to my track eg civic which I regret selling big time, but I've always wanted another BMW I just missed the comfort and the refinement about them but didn't want a big saloon wanted something nippy and quick was on the look out for a 123d but kept seeing most of them where from up north and wasn't planning to drive that far so I settled for the 120d. Got a few mods in mind like, black kidney grills, 18's of some sort, lowering springs, exhaust tint the windows slightly, I would like to get it to 250hp but that's not on the top of my list really but first things was my personal plate [emoji4]

Any comments welcome any questions don't hesitate to ask [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#27 ·
Well I've got the 1er back &#x1f919-1f3fb;
I'm giving it a big clean tomorrow as it's absolutely disgusting [emoji23] here's a picture of it parked up at work

Also Santa came early

Finally turned after waiting a month for them [emoji1304] the cars booked back in at work on the 29th to get them fitted and then I'm going to be looking into a remap once the turbo has worn in &#x1f919-1f3fb;

Cheers sam

#28 ·
I have a little update

Popped down to my friends fab shop today to get a price on an exhaust [emoji4] not bad pricing really for what I wanted! Had a little walk around his e30 while I was there. Thought as it was inside I'd give it a good once over again as I cleaned it on Tuesday and it did get a little dirty haha only got the one picture though

I put the chrome grills back in as I am starting to dislike the black ones, plus it breaks up the colour a bit [emoji4] I'll update again soon as I'm on the hunt for a remap, so if anyone in the southwest knows anyone good then please let me know &#x1f919-1f3fb;

#29 ·
Biggie said:
I have a little update

Popped down to my friends fab shop today to get a price on an exhaust [emoji4] not bad pricing really for what I wanted! Had a little walk around his e30 while I was there. Thought as it was inside I'd give it a good once over again as I cleaned it on Tuesday and it did get a little dirty haha only got the one picture though

I put the chrome grills back in as I am starting to dislike the black ones, plus it breaks up the colour a bit [emoji4] I'll update again soon as I'm on the hunt for a remap, so if anyone in the southwest knows anyone good then please let me know &#x1f919-1f3fb;

Mate loving the progress and stance is spot on imo...

How do you get on with car parks and bumpy roads?

I'm thinking about springs but endecided between pro and sport lines. Sportlines give the best stance just worried about catching my sumo on everything

#31 ·
Jeo said:
Biggie said:
I have a little update

Mate loving the progress and stance is spot on imo...

How do you get on with car parks and bumpy roads?

I'm thinking about springs but endecided between pro and sport lines. Sportlines give the best stance just worried about catching my sumo on everything
Cheers mate &#x1f919-1f3fb; I'd like to space the wheels out a little bit, tbh it drives spot on a lot better than the factory msport suspension, doesn't catch on speed bumps and it's got loads of clearance around the sump chap, personally I'd go for sportline as it's that little bit lower all round and it looks better imo. Hopefully the ride doesn't change when the bilsteins are fitted though but it'll be fun on the back roads

#33 ·
I have a little update &#x1f919-1f3fb; the bilsteins are fitted!!!! And omg they are insane! I've had many coilover set ups from bc, d2, fk, racelands and I've heard the the eibach print and bilsteins shock set up is a lot better and I've got to say they aren't wrong it's a lot stiffer but not to stiff for daily driving them. A lot of fun on the back roads [emoji2] but it didn't go all to plan when they were fitted on Friday it felt odd on the rear end just didn't feel as stiff, anyway on the way home from work there was an almighty bang from the rear [emoji30] the top mounts had failed and the osr shock had gone through the top mount. But all is good now and all fitted correctly [emoji4] I have a couple of pictures

Next on the list will be a remap, I've got in contact with JL performance to see what they can do and also we've got a guy we can go through work with so I'll see which will be the better of the both! Also I'll be doing a turbo back system that my friends will be doing for me so ideally want todo that first so I can map out the dpf warning,

That's all for now &#x1f919-1f3fb;
Cheers Sam

#34 ·
Hello lady's and gents, haven't updated in a while,

Nothing much has happened at the moment, I've put my smaller plate on the rear of the 1er. I've also taken off the m sport tail pipe cover thing as it was rattling around and couldn't be fixed but no worries as I'm get a turbo back system soon and getting it mapped [emoji4]

#36 ·
Hello lady's and gents

It's been a while since I've posted, so apologies for that! Right I've been away due to changing jobs a few times and haven't had the money or time to spend on the 1er [emoji1304] I've had a civic which I got for free which I was going to build in to a track car but that didn't last long so I sold that to a close friend of mine [emoji4] well the plan for the bmw has slightly changed haha, the original plan was to keep it simple and clean but now I want a fast toad sort of stole where I can go on track but use daily, as I've got the eibachs and bilsteins already it was an easy decision &#x1f919-1f3fb; so I'm going to look into the eibach arb kit and some adjustable arms from bimmerworld. Also I'm after a set of team dynamics 1.2 in 18x9 all round with 235/45r18 Michies or yokos. Anyway here's a picture of the car when I cleaned it yesterday

This will all happen after a couple months as I'm going to France at the end of next month [emoji4]

Updates will be back as usual [emoji1303]

Cheers sam

#37 ·
Got a little update for you all, nothing to exciting but it's something hhaha. Since owning the car I've been meaning to do the front discs and pads so a year after owning it I've finally bitten the bullet and repacked then [emoji23] it also gave me a chance to check over the eibachs and the bilsteins &#x1f919-1f3fb;

Replaced them with pajid discs and pads, ideally I wanted mintex but I didn't really want to wait for them as these where on the shelf from the parts suppliers. Ive also got the car booked in for its windows to be slightly tinted as I think it'll look smarter and keep the car looking abit crisper! Anyway I'll update again once they have been tinted [emoji4]

Cheers sam

#38 ·
Well some small bad news at the moment, I was meant to get my windows tinted before I go to France with the misses, but, the guy double booked and didn't let me know so I sat around at his workshop for an hour twidderling my thumbs [emoji1304] anyway I a lighter note I cleaned the bmw for the first time in a while [emoji5]

Looks loads better, I'm definitely going to give it a good polish once I'm back though! I also put the bmw on the ramp at work as I have a slight knock from the n/s front which turned out to be the front lower arm that I replaced before Xmas [emoji20] so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get some poly bushes for them!

Anywa heres some more pictures

I really want to space the wheels out also, does anyone know what sizes to get front and rear?

Cheers Sam

#39 ·
Hello lady's and gents!!

It's been awhile! I've just got back from Paris for the week with the misses, had a brilliant holiday away from home and the bmw Drive like a dream there and back [emoji1305] only thing that I had to get used to was using the kilometre bit on the speedo but apart from that it was spot on. Didn't get many pictures over there as it was some alone time away but I could say I was pulling my hair out on how dirty it was when we got back so, as you could probably guess I have it a good bath [emoji4]

I will be ordering some spacers and an aero spoiler on payday [emoji5] also looking at some corner splitters for the front bumper aswell

Cheers sam

#40 ·
Biggie said:
Hello lady's and gents!!

It's been awhile! I've just got back from Paris for the week with the misses, had a brilliant holiday away from home and the bmw Drive like a dream there and back [emoji1305] only thing that I had to get used to was using the kilometre bit on the speedo but apart from that it was spot on. Didn't get many pictures over there as it was some alone time away but I could say I was pulling my hair out on how dirty it was when we got back so, as you could probably guess I have it a good bath [emoji4]

I will be ordering some spacers and an aero spoiler on payday [emoji5] also looking at some corner splitters for the front bumper aswell

Cheers sam

Aesthetically, your car is almost identical to mine. I've recently had the 208m's refurbished in anthracite but think your wheels look great.

Also interested in the aero spoiler and spacers too [emoji1360]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.