Superpro Camber bushings on order, what else whilst in garage

All other aftermarket mods

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

tangogolf
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by tangogolf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:36 am

Hi guys, so I got some super pro camber bushes coming from Oz.

They seemed like the best way to get some front end feel, more planted front end and outside tyre edge preservation is a bonus.

Ive found a garage locally that preps track cars and will also fit my new eibach springs which Ive had for 2 years un fitted!

They will also fit the underbody brace from the F21 at the same time and change my diff oil as I have a quaife.

Ive done 55k in the car and wanted peoples opinon on what else would be good idea to do whilst in the garage?

Do I get new control arms? Or any other bushings worth doing whilst in the garage?

Thanks Tom
Aw M135i 5dr auto quaifed for fun

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Superpro Camber bushings on order, what else whilst in garage

Post by Blind Pugh » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:47 am

tangogolf wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:36 am
Hi guys, so I got some super pro camber bushes coming from Oz.

They seemed like the best way to get some front end feel, more planted front end and outside tyre edge preservation is a bonus.

Ive found a garage locally that preps track cars and will also fit my new eibach springs which Ive had for 2 years un fitted!

They will also fit the underbody brace from the F21 at the same time and change my diff oil as I have a quaife.

Ive done 55k in the car and wanted peoples opinon on what else would be good idea to do whilst in the garage?

Do I get new control arms? Or any other bushings worth doing whilst in the garage?

Thanks Tom
Tom - changes you are proposing make good sense - suggest you drive it with these mods to decide what, if anything, else needs doing.

As far as needing new front arms - this depends whether or not the extra circa -0.5deg neg camber you will get with fitting eibachs and Spro bushes is enough.

You should see -1 to -1.2 neg camber and if that gets what you after then new arms will be waste of added expense.

Fitting F8x LCA only (or both F8x LCA/TS) gets you -1.8 to -2.1 deg of neg camber - depending stock or lowered - which IMHO is enough for a DD. Reduction in understeer, added feel & response of ePAS and extra front end grip is very noticeable compared to std.

BP
Last edited by Blind Pugh on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tangogolf
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by tangogolf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:02 pm

Thanks BP. And thanks to all that have explored and documented the front camber issue!

I totally agree, see how car feels after those mods. But any worthwhile repairs to bushings whilst in garage? Would it be beneficial to replace the LCA with new ones? The car drives well and no known worn parts to me.

I did think of changing dampers but not easy with my adaptive dampers as would require coding or EDC delete. So springs it will be I think until the dampers pack up.

tangogolf
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by tangogolf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Sorry BP, didn't read your comments fully!

Hoping the eibachs will give me a bit combined with bushes will give me an extra -1 neg camber? So will be happy with that. My choice for the bushings alone was to save money and keep it simple, simpler! I suggested new LCA as the old ones may wear with age?!? Or not, existing ones be fine?

Once done I will decide on a 18x8" all round which I think will balance the car better.

Birdseye1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Birdseye1 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Would be interesting to see what the garage make of fitting the bushes. Superpro say 3 hours on their site but I can't help thinking that seems excessive...
2014 EB M135i - More mods than I had planned to do... :roll:

Blind Pugh

Post by Blind Pugh » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:14 pm

tangogolf wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:19 pm
Sorry BP, didn't read your comments fully!

Hoping the eibachs will give me a bit combined with bushes will give me an extra -1 neg camber? So will be happy with that. My choice for the bushings alone was to save money and keep it simple, simpler! I suggested new LCA as the old ones may wear with age?!? Or not, existing ones be fine?

Once done I will decide on a 18x8" all round which I think will balance the car better.
Tom,

Might be worthwhile speaking to Hoss [VO m135i on here from Australia] as he has S'pro bushes eibachs and 8" et42mm all round.

BP

tangogolf
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by tangogolf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Birdseye1 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:00 pm
Would be interesting to see what the garage make of fitting the bushes. Superpro say 3 hours on their site but I can't help thinking that seems excessive...
They seem alright garage, not like all the others that didn't want to fettle with my car so hoping not too bad with the springs coming out anyway.

I will report back with fitting time to help others

tangogolf
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by tangogolf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Ok thanks BP. Ive saw a while ago, thats the one with GTC wheels?

Blind Pugh

Post by Blind Pugh » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:03 pm

tangogolf wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:34 pm
Ok thanks BP. Ive saw a while ago, thats the one with GTC wheels?
Yes

Hoss
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Hoss » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 am

Hi Tangogolf

Yes, I have the VO M135i with the GTC wheels. The SuperPro camber bushes enabled me to run -1.2deg of camber, coupled with 0.5mm toe-in and standard caster (approx +6.5deg). I'm more than happy with the way the car handles with that set-up and the tyres are wearing very evenly across their faces. I also run Eibach Pro kit springs with Bilstain B8 dampers - the ride is essentially the same as OE, except the B8s control the damping better. As well, I've changed to MPSS 245/35/18 tyres on the front. I found the wider tyres on the front also enhanced turn-in and eliminated the feeling that the front 225/40/18 tyres were going to tuck under the car when cornering. Overall, my car is very well balanced.

I agree with BP that the changes you have planned are an excellent start, which you can evaluate when installed.

Happy modding

Hoss

tangogolf
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by tangogolf » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:31 am

Thanks Hoss, nice to hear your thoughts. Did you go for the maximum camber setting? I think I will. I bet yours handles beautifully with the B8's as I have a set on my vw t5 and can vouch for the damping quality. Shame mine has the adaptive else I'd change the shocks now too.

Thats exactly what I want to achieve so the wider tyres is planned once I pin down my wheel choice! Do you know what wheel weight those GTC's are?

Thanks again, Tom

Return to “Aftermarket modifications”