Baby BMW Forum banner

Which gearbox flange fits 130i? - M3 diff conversion

946 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AidanZ130 
#1 ·
I've collected together most of the bits I need for the conversion (3.15 diff, driveshafts, M3 prop). Just need a few bolts etc. I want to get a spare prop to cannibalise for the gearbox flange so I can leave my current one intact. Besides sourcing a 130i prop, does anyone know which props from other models use the same gearbox flange?

#2 ·
May have found the answer by checking which models use the same rubber coupling as the 130i at the gearbox end (part no. 26117511454). According to RealOEM most models do, including N47 diesels. The propshaft for those is part no. 7567953 and is fairly common/cheap on ebay. I'll give one of those a go :)

#3 ·
Keep us updated on how you get on, I was looking at maybe swapping in the m3 dct diff into my car

#4 ·
The diesel prop flange is a match for the 130.

Measured the front section of my prop from the front edge of the centre bearing to the mating surface of the stock gearbox flange of the prop at 588mm.

Got prop made up for £144 to those specs. Just fitted it now and it's a perfect fit.

Don't go off my measurements though, it might be different slightly between cars, but if you measure your on your 130 and it comes out close to that length you're good :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.