Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

All other aftermarket mods

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

mick.86uk
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: Lancashire

Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by mick.86uk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:29 am

Looking to upgrade my standard passive dampers & springs.

Anyone experienced/installed the Bilstein B14 coilovers or recommend a suspension kit around the £800 mark?

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performa ... ar-30-50mm

Seem good value at £775.
2014 F20 M135i - Manual - Glacier Silver - Pro Nav - HK Audio - Drexler LSD - JB4 - BCS Cat - BCS Powervalve - M4 LCAs - Bilstein B14s - aFe Drop In & Scoop
Gone:
2009 E92 335i M Sport
2004 E46 M3
2005 E87 130i M Sport

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 50351
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by marco_polo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:00 pm

B14 sounds like a great plan to me, go for it. :)
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

User avatar
OrtonM135i
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by OrtonM135i » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Great value, id go for the b14


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 M140i auto
2013 M135i auto
2010 Mini JCW
2010 123D Msport
2007 Porsche Cayman S
2011 135i Coupe DCT
2007 Mini Cooper S

mick.86uk
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by mick.86uk » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:32 pm

OrtonM135i wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:39 pm
Great value, id go for the b14 Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B14 ordered! :D

Got another 5% off - £736 delivered! :)
2014 F20 M135i - Manual - Glacier Silver - Pro Nav - HK Audio - Drexler LSD - JB4 - BCS Cat - BCS Powervalve - M4 LCAs - Bilstein B14s - aFe Drop In & Scoop
Gone:
2009 E92 335i M Sport
2004 E46 M3
2005 E87 130i M Sport

User avatar
OrtonM135i
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by OrtonM135i » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:15 pm

mick.86uk wrote:
OrtonM135i wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:39 pm
Great value, id go for the b14 Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B14 ordered! :D

Got another 5% off - £736 delivered! :)
Nice! Yeah enjoy, make sure you get demon tweeks to fit them and align it for you, I've always had great service from them and at a good price


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 M140i auto
2013 M135i auto
2010 Mini JCW
2010 123D Msport
2007 Porsche Cayman S
2011 135i Coupe DCT
2007 Mini Cooper S

mick.86uk
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by mick.86uk » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:56 pm

OrtonM135i wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:15 pm

Nice! Yeah enjoy, make sure you get demon tweeks to fit them and align it for you, I've always had great service from them and at a good price


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats good to know, thanks.

Didn't realise they did suspension fitting & alignment, how much would they normally charge?

Do they have fitting centres around the UK or is it just Wrexham?
2014 F20 M135i - Manual - Glacier Silver - Pro Nav - HK Audio - Drexler LSD - JB4 - BCS Cat - BCS Powervalve - M4 LCAs - Bilstein B14s - aFe Drop In & Scoop
Gone:
2009 E92 335i M Sport
2004 E46 M3
2005 E87 130i M Sport

User avatar
sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 6334
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm
Location: The Boro

Re: Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by sootyvrs » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Nice one.. Looking forward to hearing what you think of them..
Not many go for Bilstein B14 on this forum instead opting for KW v1/2/3 usually as others have reviewed them so know what they are getting.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

User avatar
OrtonM135i
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Northamptonshire

Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by OrtonM135i » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:08 pm

mick.86uk wrote:
OrtonM135i wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:15 pm

Nice! Yeah enjoy, make sure you get demon tweeks to fit them and align it for you, I've always had great service from them and at a good price


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats good to know, thanks.

Didn't realise they did suspension fitting & alignment, how much would they normally charge?

Do they have fitting centres around the UK or is it just Wrexham?
Yeah it's just Wrexham

For fitting and alignment it's £260 total I think

The great thing about Wrexham is you can drive a slightly scenic route back through some amazing Welsh roads to test out your new suspension Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 M140i auto
2013 M135i auto
2010 Mini JCW
2010 123D Msport
2007 Porsche Cayman S
2011 135i Coupe DCT
2007 Mini Cooper S

mick.86uk
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by mick.86uk » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:35 pm

OrtonM135i wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:08 pm

Yeah it's just Wrexham

For fitting and alignment it's £260 total I think

The great thing about Wrexham is you can drive a slightly scenic route back through some amazing Welsh roads to test out your new suspension Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats a good shout! 120 mile round trip for me.. I'll give them a call tomorrow & see when they can do it. :)
sootyvrs wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:01 pm
Nice one.. Looking forward to hearing what you think of them..
Not many go for Bilstein B14 on this forum instead opting for KW v1/2/3 usually as others have reviewed them so know what they are getting.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
I've read good reviews on the KW coilovers but even the v1s were over £1000.

The B14s don't have adjustable dampers but should be ok for fast road use & the occasional track day.

I'll post a review once fitted. :thumbs:
2014 F20 M135i - Manual - Glacier Silver - Pro Nav - HK Audio - Drexler LSD - JB4 - BCS Cat - BCS Powervalve - M4 LCAs - Bilstein B14s - aFe Drop In & Scoop
Gone:
2009 E92 335i M Sport
2004 E46 M3
2005 E87 130i M Sport

User avatar
mattpone
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:18 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Re: Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by mattpone » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:55 pm

mick.86uk wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:35 pm
OrtonM135i wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:08 pm

Yeah it's just Wrexham

For fitting and alignment it's £260 total I think

The great thing about Wrexham is you can drive a slightly scenic route back through some amazing Welsh roads to test out your new suspension Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats a good shout! 120 mile round trip for me.. I'll give them a call tomorrow & see when they can do it. :)
sootyvrs wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:01 pm
Nice one.. Looking forward to hearing what you think of them..
Not many go for Bilstein B14 on this forum instead opting for KW v1/2/3 usually as others have reviewed them so know what they are getting.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
I've read good reviews on the KW coilovers but even the v1s were over £1000.

The B14s don't have adjustable dampers but should be ok for fast road use & the occasional track day.

I'll post a review once fitted. :thumbs:
Any update on your B14s? Looking at getting some too if they aren't too harsh for a daily driver? :)
Running In - 2017 M140i Shadow Edition Auto 3dr Black, Sunroof, Heated Seats, BCS Cat Back, Bilstein B14 Coilovers.
Previously - 2017 M140i Manual 5dr Grey, Adaptive Dampers/LED's/Pro Nav/HK/Elec Heated Seats/Lumbar/PDC F&R/Elec Mirrors.

JamesHS
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by JamesHS » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:25 am

Interested to hear about these too, ready to push the button on some.
EB F21 M135i
Modifications: M performance Exhaust, BCS Sports Cat, M performance grilles, Alcantara Perfromance Steering Wheel, Carbon 3D Design Spoiler, M4 Style Mirrors, GAZP Rear Diffusser, Bilstein B14 Coilovers
To come: Remap

User avatar
OrtonM135i
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Northamptonshire

Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by OrtonM135i » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:18 am

FYI will be putting my M140 Bilstein B12 Pro Kit up for sale on here in the next week or so. 2800 miles on it, no issues with it just removed as I’ve now sold the 140 for my M2

PM me if anyone is interested and can get you photos and more detail


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 M140i auto
2013 M135i auto
2010 Mini JCW
2010 123D Msport
2007 Porsche Cayman S
2011 135i Coupe DCT
2007 Mini Cooper S

mick.86uk
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by mick.86uk » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Not got round to getting the b14s fitted yet. Need to get it organised but been too busy with work. M4 LCAs and BCS sports cat also sat in the garage waiting to be fitted...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F20 M135i - Manual - Glacier Silver - Pro Nav - HK Audio - Drexler LSD - JB4 - BCS Cat - BCS Powervalve - M4 LCAs - Bilstein B14s - aFe Drop In & Scoop
Gone:
2009 E92 335i M Sport
2004 E46 M3
2005 E87 130i M Sport

User avatar
Dragonball
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by Dragonball » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:38 am

OrtonM135i wrote:FYI will be putting my M140 Bilstein B12 Pro Kit up for sale on here in the next week or so. 2800 miles on it, no issues with it just removed as I’ve now sold the 140 for my M2

PM me if anyone is interested and can get you photos and more detail Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will these fit 135i? Image




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
OrtonM135i
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Northamptonshire

Bilstein B14 Coilovers - M135i

Post by OrtonM135i » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 pm

Dragonball wrote:
OrtonM135i wrote:FYI will be putting my M140 Bilstein B12 Pro Kit up for sale on here in the next week or so. 2800 miles on it, no issues with it just removed as I’ve now sold the 140 for my M2

PM me if anyone is interested and can get you photos and more detail Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will these fit 135i? Image




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes should do from what I’ve been told.

Worth checking for certain with an installer/garage you trust. I’d use demon tweeks but any decent garage should fit the dampers and springs in 3-4 hours including alignment .

Link below to mine for sale
Let me know if you’re interested Image

Bilstein B12 Pro Suspension Kit
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 M140i auto
2013 M135i auto
2010 Mini JCW
2010 123D Msport
2007 Porsche Cayman S
2011 135i Coupe DCT
2007 Mini Cooper S

Post Reply

Return to “Aftermarket modifications”